ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Omaha (Huskers win 11-6)

Top 1st

2 out single for Miller followed by a single for Schreiber. Meyers grounds out.

Top 2nd

Alvardo flies out. BP for Fish. E4 allows Rev to make it to 1st and Fish to 2rd. Altavilla K's. Boldt flies out to CF.

Top 3rd

Placzek singles to CF to lead it off. Miller pops out to 3rd. Schreiber singles to LF as Placzek moves to 2nd. Both runners advance on a WP. Another wild pitch scores Placzek and advances Miller to 3rd!!! Meyers with a RBI single down the RF line!!! Alvarado pops out to 1st. Meyers steals 2nd. Fish K's.

Bottom 3rd

Leadoff walk. Sac bunt advances him to 2nd. RBI single for Omaha. Another single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Burkamper in to pitch for Engelken now, must mean he isn't getting a starting nod this weekend? He does get a double play to end the inning.

Top 4th

One out single for Altavilla. Boldt doubles to RF as Altavilla heads to 3rd. Placzek with a sac fly to RF and Boldt heads to 3rd! Miller reaches on an E4 and Boldt scores from 3rd! Schreiber K's

Bottom 4th

Leadoff single for Omaha. Fly out to CF. another walk puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Next batter K's. RBI single puts runners in the corners. A WP advances a runner to 2nd but the runner has to stay at 3rd. Next batter K's to end the inning.

Top 5th

Leadoff single to RF for Meyers. Alvarado K's. Fish singles to LF, Meyers to 2nd. Rev HBP to load the bases. Altavilla walks on four pitches, gets an RBI as Meyers scores, based still loaded. Boldt K's. WP scores another and all runners advance! Placzek flies out to CF.

Bottom 5th

Leadoff walk, next two batters fly out. Runners steals 2nd. RBI single up the middle and then steals 2nd. Next batter grounds out.

Top 6th

Miller with a leadoff single to CF. Schreiber his into a FC as Miller is out at 2nd. Meyers also hits into a FC as Schreiber is out at 2nd. Meyers steals 2nd. Alvarado K's but the ball snuck past the catcher so he makes it to 1st safely and Meyers comes around to score. Fish grounds out.

Bottom 6th

Byron Hood now in to pitch for Burkamper. 1-2-3 inning with 2 K's for Hood!

Top 7th

Rev doubles down the RF line! Rev then steals 3rd and then scores on a passed ball! Altavilla walks and then steals 2nd. Boldt K's. Placzek walked. Miller K's. Schreiber grounds out to 3rd.

Bottom 7th

One out walk for Omaha. Chesnut now in to pitch. Next batter walks. Single to LF loads the bases. Next batter grounds out but all runners advanced and one scored. Next batter K's.

Top 8th

Meyers with a leadoff walk in four pitches and then steals 2nd. Alvarado with an infield single. Fish reaches on a FC. All runners are safe and the bases are loaded. Rev am grounds into a 6-4-3 double play, Meyers scores and Alvarado advances to 3rd. Altavilla with an RBI single! Boldt flies out to CF.

Bottom 8th

One out single. RBI double to Right Center. Fly out to CF but the runner tags and heads to 3rd. K ends the inning.

Top 9th

Miller with a one out double down the RF line! Schreiber pops out to 1st. Meyers is HBP. WP advances them a bag. Alvarado walks the bases loaded. Fish HBP and that scores a run! Rev flies out.

Interesting comments from Erstad after last nights game. Burkamper has been around 83-85 velocity and he said that's just not going to cut it. I wonder what Burkamper's issue is? I'm assuming Howell is back to the Friday night guy?

Interesting comments from Erstad after last nights game. Burkamper has been around 83-85 velocity and he said that's just not going to cut it. I wonder what Burkamper's issue is? I'm assuming Howell is back to the Friday night guy?

I heard someone close to him say he is having some back pain so maybe that has something to do with it, hard to tell for sure.

My guess is King, Meyers, or Howell getting the 3rd start sometime this weekend. Don't really see how anyone else gets a shot. I'd like to see Meyers but you also don't want it to take away from his hitting and fielding.

Erstad did say the upper classmen didn't come into the season as prepared as he'd like and it shows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT