ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs Michigan game time

Dec 6, 2001
What's your best guess of when this game starts? Looking at the other games that week it looks like it could easily be a primetime game.

Who gets the nod of Iowa/Wisconsin are 3-0 and Nebraska/Michigan are 3-0? Does Nebraska get ranked if they are 3-0? I’m thinking their is a chance Iowa does get ranked but who knows.

Would love for Wisconsin to come to Kinnick at night and improve Iowa’s chances. I would assume Nebraska fans are hoping not to play Michigan at night?

Who gets the nod of Iowa/Wisconsin are 3-0 and Nebraska/Michigan are 3-0? Does Nebraska get ranked if they are 3-0? I’m thinking their is a chance Iowa does get ranked but who knows.

Would love for Wisconsin to come to Kinnick at night and improve Iowa’s chances. I would assume Nebraska fans are hoping not to play Michigan at night?
or at all

Reactions: Hot.Carl
if we're 3-0, no way we arent the big game. Neb and Mich are the two biggest names of the four programs.
No argument here. Will Michigan beat ND? Is Colorado not supposed to be very good? I don’t hear Nebraska fans being concerned about that game.

It’s not out of the question that both games could be at night...

If Nebraska and Michigan both are unbeaten no question they’ll make this a night game having 2 of the top 4 programs with the most all time wins.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I will be at the game in Ann Arbor and I sincerely hope that it is not played at night. If it is that means it's likely an 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) start and a very late end around 11:30 PM (ET). I would really prefer a 12 Noon (ET) start but I'll take 3:30 PM (ET) to avoid a game at night.

It is almost a given on the Michigan board that the Nebraska - Michigan game in AA will be a night game even if Michigan has 1 loss to ND.

The only way it is not a night game priority by the network in my opinion is if Nebraska has 1 loss AND Michigan has 1 loss going into the game.

Undefeated Michigan vs Nebraska on prime time TV will draw more viewers nationally than undefeated Iowa vs Wisconsin and that is why Michigan/Nebraska would be the network's pick.

This game will be a Primetime kickoff. The only thing holding off the announcement is the network decision. It will be announced in the next week to 10 days.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
This game will be a Primetime kickoff. The only thing holding off the announcement is the network decision. It will be announced in the next week to 10 days.
BTN President Nate Silverman said that Nebraska/Michigan is slated for FS1. Iowa/Wisconsin is also slated for FS1 but has a chance to go to Fox. I suppose that’s so they can air both games at night if needed? Seems to me that wouldn’t be the best idea as plenty of Iowa fans would want to watch the Nebraska game and vice versa. Putting them on at the same time is counter intuitive IMO.

BTN President Nate Silverman said that Nebraska/Michigan is slated for FS1. Iowa/Wisconsin is also slated for FS1 but has a chance to go to Fox. I suppose that’s so they can air both games at night if needed? Seems to me that wouldn’t be the best idea as plenty of Iowa fans would want to watch the Nebraska game and vice versa. Putting them on at the same time is counter intuitive IMO.

Most people today have more than one TV set so if anyone would like to watch both games they would have to do so accordingly...

I understand where you’re coming from but it can be done.

no network has ever cared about the Iowa TV market.

I will be at the game in Ann Arbor and I sincerely hope that it is not played at night. If it is that means it's likely an 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) start and a very late end around 11:30 PM (ET). I would really prefer a 12 Noon (ET) start but I'll take 3:30 PM (ET) to avoid a game at night.
Hf9Z52B.gif

no network has ever cared about the Iowa TV market.
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/#2017wk1

Iowa has been involved in some big rated games the past couple of years, including Wisconsin. A top 5 Wisconsin and top 25 Iowa would bring large ratings.

Most people today have more than one TV set so if anyone would like to watch both games they would have to do so accordingly...

I understand where you’re coming from but it can be done.
I’ve done it a few times. Plan on having people over to watch ISU/Iowa and Nebraska/Colorado our on our deck.

I’ll be at the Wisconsin game so it doesn’t matter to me what time Nebraska/Michigan go at it. All I hope is that our game is at night.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/#2017wk1

Iowa has been involved in some big rated games the past couple of years, including Wisconsin. A top 5 Wisconsin and top 25 Iowa would bring large ratings.

I’ve done it a few times. Plan on having people over to watch ISU/Iowa and Nebraska/Colorado our on our deck.

I’ll be at the Wisconsin game so it doesn’t matter to me what time Nebraska/Michigan go at it. All I hope is that our game is at night.

My point is simple, and it was a direct response to your absurd point:

FOX isn't going to worry about losing eyeballs in Iowa when scheduling the Nebraska vs. Michigan game.

Reactions: SOHusker11
We have two things going for us this year, one Mike Riley is no longer the coach and Bob Diaco is no longer the DC.
No more Eichorst, no more portly offensive line coach whose name is escaping me (and that is a good thing), no more langsdorf, no more tackling consultants,

Hip Hip......

Michigan does not like to play night game like other schools. With the recent changes to the BIG10 TV contract , they are being pushed to more open to them.

My point is simple, and it was a direct response to your absurd point:

FOX isn't going to worry about losing eyeballs in Iowa when scheduling the Nebraska vs. Michigan game.
They have two of the top games that week from the looks of things. Those two games happen to have cross interest in the other. I guess actual ratings from the past couple seasons may trump your biased opinion.
There is plenty of evidence to state otherwise. Time will tell but I think we can all agree that they will put the game on the regular Fox channel that they feel will bring in the highest ratings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT