ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska - Rutgers Prediction thread

Huskers 24
Rutgers 20

NU will make a FG in the first half and have a faster star than the pat 2 weeks..
both teams miss FG..

Reactions: Streamer15
I wonder if the wind will have as much effect on our passing game as some may think. DR certainly has the arm strength to fit it into tight windows regardless.

If we can pass comfortably 24-13 Nebraska

If we can’t pass 21-14 Rutgers

Last edited:
Do we have a kicker? Can we make a field goal? I say alvano returns and we make 1 of 3. NU 24 Buttgers 20
With what we've suffered through so far this year, and the predicted wind on Saturday, I'll be disappointed if we don't play it as 4-down territory inside Rutger's 4O yd line. I'll take my chances with DR's arm over our FG unit.

Ehhhh, Rutgers should have lost at home last week by 10+

NU is better...Look for NU to be up 17-7 at half. Look for NU to finish the game 30-14.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Not trying to step on toes but haven’t seen the prediction thread yet?

24-10 good guys
Rutgers is 13th in the conference in total defense and 10th in scoring defense. Nebraska is 8th in total defense and 3rd in scoring defense. The game is in Lincoln. Rutgers averages 1 yard per carry more. Nebraska averages about 0.5 yards more per pass attempt.

I don't think Rutgers has enough offense, especially on the road. Nebraska 35-14.

Not sure on this one (I guess none of us are.). However it is nice to see most on here realize Rutgers is not a bad team. They aren’t great but neither are the Huskers. Hot weather and home-field favor the good guys. Huskers in a close one.

It is going to be a very physical game. If the O-line doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot, we can win. I think the Defense is going to be motivated after a not so good showing against Illinois.

If it is going to come down to a field goal to win the game, we will lose.

I have had my doubts the last couple of weeks with this game but this crowd knows what is at stake and the team will feed off of it. My prediction…
Huskers 21
Rutgers 17

Reactions: RBigredMax
Not trying to step on toes but haven’t seen the prediction thread yet?

24-10 good guys
Huskers 21 U of NJ 17 I think the key to this game is whether or not the Huskers can stop Rutgers run game. If they cannot it will be trouble. I think this is far more important than the wind. I think DR is too good of passer for the wind to bother him too much.

I need to add I don't think this is going to be a fun game to watch. I expect to feel just as awful as I did watching the Illinois game. This game however I do not have a sense the Huskers will lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT