ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska QB Controversy - an objective view

Jun 27, 2001
Denver, CO
Merry Christmas Eve to all of my fine neighbors to the east -

During this Christmas season, I offer my unsolicited yet deft and fact-based opinion on the elephant in the locker room at Memorial Stadium. QB AM should be relegated to backup at best, perhaps even a move to WR would serve the greater good. I believe Colorado home grown product McCaffrey may be your best option going forward based on pedigree alone. Consider McCaffrey our gift to you as we chose not to recruit him to Boulder as we seek playmakers (read: Mahomes and Lamar Jackson) rather than game managers at the QB position. However I feel strongly that the steady hand of McCaffrey will offer you hope while your program is in transition.

Reactions: grandpabutch

During this Christmas season, I offer my unsolicited yet deft and fact-based opinion on the elephant in the locker room at Memorial Stadium. QB AM should be relegated to backup at best, perhaps even a move to WR would serve the greater good. I believe Colorado home grown product McCaffrey may be your best option going forward based on pedigree alone. Consider McCaffrey our gift to you as we chose not to recruit him to Boulder as we seek playmakers (read: Mahomes and Lamar Jackson) rather than game managers at the QB position. However I feel strongly that the steady hand of McCaffrey will offer you hope while your program is in transition.
Not sure what your main point was. Is it about qb competition or recruiting or some imaginary team that has had mahomes and Lamar. Can you please redo this as you sound like a confused pre teen boy that dreams things up or a lonely hooker on drugs. Not sure what you are or your point

Reactions: headcard
Ohhh great another post about how 2AM shouldn’t start that’s exactally what we all needed this Christmas season, I wanted this as much as I want a kidney stone the size of a golf ball

Reactions: Thrasher31
Throwing the towel on Martinez is a serious mistake. The guy who is ended his freshman season with accolades of “Heisman contender” is not gone. He may have had some injuries, a lack of an offensive line, no Stanley Morgan, Ozigbo, etc. but when those positions fill up, he may become that Heisman contender once again.

What has nebraska done lately? Recruited Luke. Glad you're so sure of your brand new qb that you choose over Luke.
However, being the young pup with least quality snaps minus a whole year, I think we should put pressure on stensrud or whatever that qb you have over there, we do need a better holder on kickoffs, you know, when it blows from Colorado? It won't stay on the T?
Maybe we should just do nothing lately, and pick him up too.

Maybe not though, he may not be a quick enough blinker, and you guys have no options.

What has nebraska done lately? Recruited Luke. Glad you're so sure of your brand new qb that you choose over Luke.
However, being the young pup with least quality snaps minus a whole year, I think we should put pressure on stensrud or whatever that qb you have over there, we do need a better holder on kickoffs, you know, when it blows from Colorado? It won't stay on the T?
Maybe we should just do nothing lately, and pick him up too.

Maybe not though, he may not be a quick enough blinker, and you guys have no options.

OGC.60edef44f81e31d08d471535e2e7ad37

Martinez's confidence was shaken by the offensive line problems. If he can get his mind right and assuming the snapping issues are corrected and the line protection is better next season, then I see no reason why he wouldn't have a decent shot at starting. With that said, knowing all the talent we have coming in and waiting in the wings, I want all the QBs to have an equal opportunity to prove themselves. While I put a lot of faith in Frost's coaching ability and being able to turn this program around, this year has really brought into question some of his judgment calls regarding Martinez. We have capable healthy backups and he elected to keep Martinez in the majority of the time knowing he was injured and rattled?

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
When I saw the GIF I thought it was appropriately used on the nopipesnogripes troll... how in the name of everything that is holy do you use this GIF in this thread on a husker poster before you use it on nopipesnogripes? And why haven’t you used it on nopipesnogripes yet?

Funny the only QB I seen Colorado take the past two years was Lewis. I don’t see any Lamar Jackson or Mahomes in your 2019 or 2020 commitment and signed lists...maybe I’m missing something here, then again I don’t ever pay attention to Colorado and what they are doing.

And give me a f_cking break. Didn’t want Luke McCaffrey, a 4 star Dual Threat QB with those blood lines? If Luke wanted to play for Colorado, hed be playing there right now. McCaffrey didn’t want to play for your garbage Colorado Fluffs is what happened. Colorado offered him first, before anyone else on Oct 25 2016...so yeah, there goes that stupid post of Colorado not wanting him...lol. And you guys claim the Huskers are delusional...lmfao. At least man up and keep it real.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthwoodHusker

Funny the only QB I seen Colorado take the past two years was Lewis. I don’t see any Lamar Jackson or Mahomes in your 2019 or 2020 commitment and signed lists...maybe I’m missing something here, then again I don’t ever pay attention to Colorado and what they are doing.

And give me a f_cking break. Didn’t want Luke McCaffrey, a 4 star Dual Threat QB with those blood lines? If Luke wanted to play for Colorado, hed be playing there right now. McCaffrey didn’t want to play for your garbage Colorado Fluffs is what happened. Colorado offered him first before anyone else on Oct 25 2016...so yeah, there goes that stupid post of Colorado not wanting him...lol. And you guys claim the Huskers are delusional...lmfao. At least man up and keep it real.
Hey, they got that stensen guy, if we dont take him as our holder, who needs mahomes or jackson?

Reactions: huskerssalts
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT