ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Prep Football Teams Playing Out of State Powers

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
In 2024/2025, Millard South and Millard North will be playing home and away games against very good out of state teams. This year South will travel to Basha (Arizona) and North will host Cherry Creek (Colorado). I love this trend and hope more Nebraska schools do this.

What do you guys think?

In 2024/2025, Millard South and Millard North will be playing home and away games against very good out of state teams. This year South will travel to Basha (Arizona) and North will host Cherry Creek (Colorado). I love this trend and hope more Nebraska schools do this.

What do you guys think?
Very cool

Reactions: Catch50
$$ there go your taxes. So they don't want to play all the class a in Nebraska?

I get that it's fun but how does that actually work? I know other sports play out of state schools but fb is limited in number of games

Reactions: Dean Pope
Cherry Creek is coached by Dave Logan and he’s won many 5A state titles there. I know nothing about Millard North, but they better bring their “A” game.

Reactions: king_kong_

I get that it's fun but how does that actually work? I know other sports play out of state schools but fb is limited in number of games
I'm guessing the booster club pays for travel. LSE played KC Rockhurst back in the 90's. Not unheard of.

Reactions: huskerfan66

Is it a waste of tax dollars? You betcha. Is it a waste of money in general? Yep.

But when you consider a lot of those parents are spending $1000 every other weekend in order for their child to play in some out of state tournament/profit scheme, it makes total sense.

Reactions: Zeke2005
Personal choice
Is it a waste of tax dollars? You betcha. Is it a waste of money in general? Yep.

But when you consider a lot of those parents are spending $1000 every other weekend in order for their child to play in some out of state tournament/profit scheme, it makes total sense.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Cherry Creek is coached by Dave Logan and he’s won many 5A state titles there. I know nothing about Millard North, but they better bring their “A” game.
New era beginning for North now that Fred has retired. VerMaas and Mooberry are Husker commits and I believe another lineman recently committed to Wyoming (?) maybe. Unless there have been some yet unannounced skill players transferred in, new offensive scheme might struggle to score points.

New era beginning for North now that Fred has retired. VerMaas and Mooberry are Husker commits and I believe another lineman recently committed to Wyoming (?) maybe. Unless there have been some yet unannounced skill players transferred in, new offensive scheme might struggle to score points.
Henry Rehberg (6'3 250) is that DE. He had 10 sacks last year. His dad, Scott Rehberg, was a starter at Iowa State.

Arik Evans, a junior WR-CB transfer from I believe Omaha North, is getting recruiting attention.

This senior class (VerMaas, Mooberry, Rehberg) was undefeated and dominant as freshmen. Colin Bogacz (FB-LB) is another senior to keep an eye on.

The 2023 freshman team was also very good at 8-1. They scored 60 on Westside.

I seriously doubt the school district is paying for this .

Reactions: Huskers123456

Every sport is limited in number of games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT