ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska MBB -4 vs Iowa

I can’t stand it when refs start calling fouls any time there is any close action. And most of these are being called on the Huskers.
Good heavens Iowa was mugging us. I HATE it when it turns in to WWF instead of skilled basketball. Fencil or whatever the heck his name is was just lowering his shoulder and running over guys.

Would love to see G. Watson play well again. He has been in a slump and just not bringing it.
Watson just needs to let things come to him instead of trying to create a shot every time he has the ball. I didn't get to watch the whole game tonight but what I did watch I thought he was playing pretty well. Good kid. Really good player.

Would love to see G. Watson play well again. He has been in a slump and just not bringing it.

I think part of his low scoring is that he plays a lot with Palmer and Copeland on the court and they are just dominating. So there isn’t a lot for him. He played pretty good defense tonight and I don’t think he had many turnovers (at lest that I can remember).

Edit- I would really like to see more from Gill.

It's not always about scoring, though. Against Rutgers, Watson had 4 rebounds, 3 assists and only one turnover. Tonight he had 4 assists, 3 rebounds and only 2 turnovers, and he hit all 4 of his free throws. He's not piling up points, but he's contributing.

Nebraska is like the only college basketball team that's winning with transfers. Hardly any other program takes them.

Hey does anybody have the time? My watched stopped in 1982
It's one of the things Hoiberg did to win at Iowa State. NU isn't going to land top 100 guys right now as true freshmen so we need to get them as transfers. The cool thing about that is that they've had at least a year of college ball to grow up and adapt to the college game.

We get spoiled with getting Kugler so often. He’s one of the best in the business.
He really is. I was listening to some satellite radio broadcast one night of I think of an NFL game when he first started doing them for Westwood One. I didn't know it was him at first and I said to myself "dang this guy is good" then I figured out a little later that it was Kugler. The guy is always well prepared and smart on the air.

Going to get a bye, if not two, in the B1G tourney.

That second bye could cost us an extra game in the win column!

We should probably get them next year too. All we lose is Gill, Okyeke, and Taylor (unless Palmer leaves for the NBA?).
Taylor is going to be a bigger loss than some think and Gill too for that matter. Taylor can guard everybody fairly well from the 2 to some 5s. He turned in to a really nice player for us after I thought he was a bit of a reach coming out of JUCO. He's worked to make himself a much better shooter too.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I give Jordy alot of flak, but he found some easy boards and put-backs tonight. I watched OKeke in warmups and he did not look good at all. Was barely moving, and looked like he was possibly hurting. Jordy giving serviceable minutes was big. Now if he could just have stopped them from getting great position in their early offense, we would have beat them by 30.

I give Jordy alot of flak, but he found some easy boards and put-backs tonight. I watched OKeke in warmups and he did not look good at all. Was barely moving, and looked like he was possibly hurting. Jordy giving serviceable minutes was big. Now if he could just have stopped them from getting great position in their early offense, we would have beat them by 30.
Iowa I think knew the book on this crew. Their bigs were just lowering shoulders, hooking and pushing their way down deep and it appeared clear to me that Jordy's been reamed for fouling too much so he just let them shoot without trying to block their shots. Jordy needs to work on his ball security when he rebounds but man we needed him tonight in the paint. It was nice to see him and Roby on the floor together tonight at times. Wish we could have pushed the final to over a 20 pt win.

Reactions: scarletred
Iowa I think knew the book on this crew. Their bigs were just lowering shoulders, hooking and pushing their way down deep and it appeared clear to me that Jordy's been reamed for fouling too much so he just let them shoot without trying to block their shots. Jordy needs to work on his ball security when he rebounds but man we needed him tonight in the paint. It was nice to see him and Roby on the floor together tonight at times. Wish we could have pushed the final to over a 20 pt win.
The crew was so inconsistent. Around the 11 minute mark it was getting out of hand, and they found their whistles (often wrongly, after other fouls). When Roby went coast to coast after being basically assaulted by 3 guys after a defensive board, I thought they legit could have hurt him before the idiots blew the whistle. It was clear the 3 of them did not trust each other, and were out there calling their own game. They never even got together during dead balls. It was disgusting.

Reactions: kidofSN
I give Jordy a lot of flak, but he found some easy boards and put-backs tonight. I watched OKeke in warmups and he did not look good at all. Was barely moving, and looked like he was possibly hurting. Jordy giving serviceable minutes was big. Now if he could just have stopped them from getting great position in their early offense, we would have beat them by 30.

If Jordy never came back, this game might not have ended the way it did with both Okeke and Borchardt out.

Jordy did very well tonight.

I was a little surprised that the refs didn't call a foul with a minute or two left on him. They had some crap calls tonight that left him wondering what the hell he did.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The crew was so inconsistent. Around the 11 minute mark it was getting out of hand, and they found their whistles (often wrongly, after other fouls). When Roby went coast to coast after being basically assaulted by 3 guys after a defensive board, I thought they legit could have hurt him before the idiots blew the whistle. It was clear the 3 of them did not trust each other, and were out there calling their own game. They never even got together during dead balls. It was disgusting.
I'm envious of your being able to go to games. It's just too far for me this time of year.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I'm envious of your being able to go to games. It's just too far for me this time of year.
I have not made many this year. Not nearly as many as years past. The boy has baseball workouts, and middle daughter has volleyball also. Pretty busy. Something had to take a back seat, and my family always comes 1st. Hardly and home weekend games is terrible.

Iowa is crap this year yet Nebraska struggled much of the game, Nebraska is terrible. Enjoy a solid win over our worst team in history.

Only on account of hot shooting and a horribly officiated game did Iowa stay within 20 points of the Huskers tonight. They made one run and the Huskers answered and never let Iowa closer than double digits the rest of the way. Not sure what game you were watching saying Neb played horrible and Iowa was in the game??

Iowa is crap this year yet Nebraska struggled much of the game, Nebraska is terrible. Enjoy a solid win over our worst team in history.
But, but... how could Iowa be crap this year? Nebraska was supposed to have zero chance against the mighty Hawkeyes for the rest of this decade. We were promised as much by some loudmouthed blowhard jackass trolls after Iowa lost last year in Lincoln.

We’ve said this to you in football. Maybe not the struggling part. But Nebraska didn’t struggle tonight, so it doesn’t really matter.

Reactions: Arbitr8
Sometimes you really hope a person's screen name is just a play on words and has nothing to do with what he or she does for a living. Can you imagine being in some sort of formal proceeding and having the outcome determined by a delusional, self-important asswipe?

Told you guys easy money. It’s been easy money the last month with Iowa, especially on the road. If anyone bets, take Iowa like you would have taken Nebraska football to end the season. This team is not good and has quit.

Told you guys easy money. It’s been easy money the last month with Iowa, especially on the road. If anyone bets, take Iowa like you would have taken Nebraska football to end the season. This team is not good and has quit.
But I thought it was the refs fault?

Or just take Nebraska the best Div 1 team ATS ALL YEAR.

We struggled during this game?? LMAO!! Got a big lead and got bored. If we remain focused, we whip that ass by 25! You're right about one thing though...Iowa is certainly crap this year. You're a really bad team.

Really:rolleyes: struggled:rolleyes: most of the game.Laughing

Did you open you’re eyesEek during the game.

Good win for you guys last night. Iowa just simply isnt a very good team this year...no consistency and lacking perimeter defense in a huge way.

Nebraska surprised me in a good way. Think you have a shot to make some noise this year if you stay healthy.

Good win for you guys last night. Iowa just simply isnt a very good team this year...no consistency and lacking perimeter defense in a huge way.

Nebraska surprised me in a good way. Think you have a shot to make some noise this year if you stay healthy.
Man, I wish we had someone like the Cook kid inside. He's a beast that we had no counter for and single handedly tried to keep in the game. Also Bohanon's 3 point shooting was really good. I think Iowa has a bright future.

Iowa needs a point guard Fran’s kid was a big loss for you guys.Too much to ask of Bohanon needs guard help with his spot shooting..Iowa dribbles too much and has a hard time running an offense this season.

Still think Fran plays too many players.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT