ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska MBB -4 vs Indiana

chicolby

All-American
May 3, 2012
The sun rose again and the Huskers still hav two more home games to play before the end of the regular season.

The Huskers return back home to take on a suddenly hot Indiana team. This team shouldn’t be taken lightly and I expect the Huskers won’t take anyone lightly from here on.

The bigger problem is what I believe Illinois exploited and other teams will exploit as well - double and triple teaming Palmer as soon as he touches the ball. This is where Nebraska’s depth comes in handy, but players like Copeland and Gill need to deliver. If teams want to double and triple team Palmer, lanes will be open for Copeland. Three point shots will be available for him to kick out. But those need to be knocked down.

I look for another right game but one that the Huskers emerge with a win to stay in contention for that fourth spot in the conference.

Also, I don’t think Michigan goes clean down the stretch either. They’ve got road games @ Penn State and Maryland to close the year. If they go clean, maybe they are better than I give them credit for.

Need to ask Wisconsin for some of its home cooking recipes. Watch as Nate Mason "stumbles" on his way to the basket at the end of regulation last night:

Reactions: dinglefritz
Thanks for posting the spread in the title of the thread... Where were you sunday? It's all your fault we lost but more importantly, I loss. LaughingWinking
Someone else had started a thread, but I had noted the low starting spread favoring Nebraska followed by movement to Illinois being favored by tip-off was ominous. But that said, when you are riding the hot team to a 7 or 8 game ATS run, it's no time to stop playing them, even if the game was trappy. It's the price of winning so much before that game.

There is likely to be a bit of a hangover after losing to Illinois, but I do think Nebraska gets back on track to set up a huge final game Sunday at the Vault against Penn State.

Note: the spread has already dropped to -3, which can be a bad sign.

Nebraska ATS has been stellar but reversion to the mean can be nasty. I would steer clear but enjoy the ride and hope for the best. GBR

Someone else had started a thread, but I had noted the low starting spread favoring Nebraska followed by movement to Illinois being favored by tip-off was ominous. But that said, when you are riding the hot team to a 7 or 8 game ATS run, it's no time to stop playing them, even if the game was trappy. It's the price of winning so much before that game.

There is likely to be a bit of a hangover after losing to Illinois, but I do think Nebraska gets back on track to set up a huge final game Sunday at the Vault against Penn State.

Note: the spread has already dropped to -3, which can be a bad sign.

I took Huskers tonight -3. Tonight this team shows what they are made of and I think we will all like the turnout. I think they come out mad and hungry, not sad and flat. They can’t afford a sloppy showing against Indiana. A win by less than 3, would look bad to the committee. They really need a blow out.

Reactions: ZaneHickey
Do we really need 10 minutes of Dakich free-flowing on the mic on national TV??

Go to the studio or at least show warm ups for Nebraska.

This bonus Ohio State lovefest is over the top.

Indiana literally passing us the ball the last two possessions so that’s nice but we’re looking sloppy again like we did at Illinois...

How many bricks can the Huskers throw up tonight? This team looks awful. Not even close to the team we watched a week ago

Reactions: FRedRising
What is the score
I’m in Cali working
Too sick to leave the hotel room
Not techie enough to get it on my phone

What is the score
I’m in Cali working
Too sick to leave the hotel room
Not techie enough to get it on my phone
Close game. Neither team looks that good.

As expected, every team is going to double and triple team Palmer to keep him from driving to the hoop. This is where Miles needs to coach because that should leave a team vulnerable to other players slashing to the hoop to a pass or open 3s.

Reactions: FRedRising

As expected, every team is going to double and triple team Palmer to keep him from driving to the hoop. This is where Miles needs to coach because that should leave a team vulnerable to other players slashing to the hoop to a pass or open 3s.
Couldn’t have said that better that is exactly what needs to happen. And it took a bottom of a barrell Illinois team to exploit that haha

I took Huskers tonight -3. Tonight this team shows what they are made of and I think we will all like the turnout. I think they come out mad and hungry, not sad and flat. They can’t afford a sloppy showing against Indiana. A win by less than 3, would look bad to the committee. They really need a blow out.
A blowout, while unlikely, would be great. It would also be awesome if we happen to beat PSU, and the committee members start to look at our team through basketbeer goggles, if those exist.

Both teams are playing pretty good defense that is why the score is low.

26-25 UI

I'm back! Power went out 30 minutes before game time. We're getting flooding around here from thunderstorms. Spent that time cleaning the tub and shower. Caught the start of the game on my phone, then moved to the tablet. Back on TV and got the hockey game on the monitor.

The simple answer is into a descent big who can post one-on-one or kick out to open shooters. That would also imply Nebraska has good shooters, which we don't. It's too bad Nebraska can't get a post game going tonight Indiana is tiny. They play small.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT