ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska - Maryland Prediction Thread

This is a week where a natural playing surface could be used to our advantage like Sparty’s last week

Alas….

Yes. This is what I meant when I said the defense last week looked like it was wearing down. Much less pass rush and hardly any tackles for a loss on running plays. Defense looked tired and sluggish to me.
The people pounding their chests about all the physical practices and being one of the hardest practicing teams in the nation haven’t quite connected these facts with the fact that our dline is gassed and the injury rates are through the roof

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Yes. This is what I meant when I said the defense last week looked like it was wearing down. Much less pass rush and hardly any tackles for a loss on running plays. Defense looked tired and sluggish to me.
Coach Tony White did mention that he wasn’t as aggressive dialing up pressure in the MSU game that he kind of regrets…

Let’s see what he has planned for Tagovailoa..

Dead horse beater. You’re very active with the same rhetoric after each loss. Says a lot.

Tell us more about what it was like to play fullback in the frank gifford era.

I hope we win and our quarterback shows out. You know, the opposite of what you and many others are looking forward to.
Is this the hope thread or the prediction thread?

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Is this the hope thread or the prediction thread?
I have placed a $500 wager on the Nebraska moneyline +110, which means quite a bit more by way of predictions than a bunch of football illiterate blowhards typing meaningless bullshit.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
The people pounding their chests about all the physical practices and being one of the hardest practicing teams in the nation haven’t quite connected these facts with the fact that our dline is gassed and the injury rates are through the roof
I think the defense has for the most part stayed healthy. No season ending that I know of. And they are on the field alot. I know Singleton is still out. Sounds like he took a step back trying to return. As far as people pounding there chest about physical practices. I don't know. Tackling sure seems night and day better.

I think the defense has for the most part stayed healthy. No season ending that I know of. And they are on the field alot. I know Singleton is still out. Sounds like he took a step back trying to return. As far as people pounding there chest about physical practices. I don't know. Tackling sure seems night and day better.
Me thinks Bojack is Redmichelle.Winking

something happened to Maryland after their loss to ohio state. Since then they have lost to NW, IL and got destroyed by Penn St. I think Nebraska wins this comfortably (Purdue type game)
tomorrow will come down to coaching.

will our significant advantage on the sideline show up or not?

I believe it will. after all, we're paying 80x the governor's salary to make sure it does.

Maybe I misunderstood him, but it seemed that white took responsibility for that. Saying he didn't dial up a lot of pressure early.

I can’t put my finger on it but I still have a solid feeling about tomorrow.

I think we frankly had a clunker last week because of really poor special teams play and a poor game plan overall. It wasn’t aggressive, and Buschini punted very poorly. In each of our 5 Wins, we won on Special Teams plays and solid defense. I think this game flow affected how Tony White called the game more than people think. We need Ty, Polar Bear, Lenhardt, Umanmielen, Gunnerson, Gifford and Reimer to have good games against Taulia.

Offensively we’ve had the same turnover problems and the same injury decimations. I think Satt is going to turn Haarberg loose and have him much more ready to go. Can’t wait for tomorrow at Memorial. GBR.

Team Records
Nebr 5-4
Maryland 5-4

Maryland has a four game losing streak. Two of those against teams Nebraska beat.

Why the cynicism with these predictions?
Is it a match up concern?

I don't blame anyone for their cynicism, but I do think the fans calling for Nebraska to lose by 2,3, even 4 scores aren't thinking rationally.

If Maryland beats Nebraska it will be another close loss like Minnesota or Michigan State. And that will happen even if Nebraska turns the ball over 3 or 4 times.

Maryland has been a mess over the last month, on both sides of the football. They can't protect Taulia, they can't run the ball, and their defense is the most undisciplined and poorly coached defense in the Big Ten. In all seriousness, if anyone seriously wanted to rank the Big Ten Defensive Coordinators from 1 to 14, Maryland's Brian Williams would be slotted at #14. Williams is a good recruiter, and somehow parleyed those recruiting chops into a Coordinator position and salary.

Team Records
Nebr 5-4
Maryland 5-4

Maryland has a four game losing streak. Two of those against teams Nebraska beat.

There is nothing nebraska has done in the last 20 years to make anyone even remotely confident against an opponent with a pulse. That's the problem, anytime there was even a hint of something positive, be it winning the conference, locking up a bowl spot, or simply not embarassing themselves on national TV against a higher ranked opponent, Nebraska has found a way to screw it up. Until they can prove that they can string together wins in winnable games, no rational person is going to believe it.

There is nothing nebraska has done in the last 20 years to make anyone even remotely confident against an opponent with a pulse. That's the problem, anytime there was even a hint of something positive, be it winning the conference, locking up a bowl spot, or simply not embarassing themselves on national TV against a higher ranked opponent, Nebraska has found a way to screw it up. Until they can prove that they can string together wins in winnable games, no rational person is going to believe it.
we just won 5 winnable games in a row for the first time in nearly a decade

seems you've forgotten that fact so you can once again express your marble-mouthed feelings

this is a predictions thread, not an airing of "I'm a huge pussy" grievances thread

Last edited:
There is nothing nebraska has done in the last 20 years to make anyone even remotely confident against an opponent with a pulse.

I find this comment really ironic.

Mike Locksley's coaching career record on the road vs. any team with a "pulse" .... aka a team that finished the season .500 or better:

0-19

I find this comment really ironic.

Mike Locksley's coaching career record on the road vs. any team with a "pulse" .... aka a team that finished the season .500 or better:

0-19
We haven’t finished at or above .500 for 6 years.

something happened to Maryland after their loss to ohio state. Since then they have lost to NW, IL and got destroyed by Penn St. I think Nebraska wins this comfortably (Purdue type game)
And Kevin Sumlin their OC got a DUI.... is he no longer calling plays? Was he even calling plays? Idk but they have looked worse since it happened i believe 2 to 4 weeks ago.

Team Records
Nebr 5-4
Maryland 5-4

Yes. Their QB versus our pass defense.
Also, last week left a bad, bad taste in our mouths. Soft defense. Beyond wretched offense. Some really stupid coaching mistakes. I think it punctured the optimism balloon caused by winning three straight and reset the tape in our brain to playing again the same song as the past six years.

And MSU had lost six in a row last week and is a lousy team. So I don’t care what kind of a slide Maryland is on.

We played uninspired and mistake riddled football last week. And therefore I am back to “prove it to me” mode. We had bowl eligibility in our grasp last week. Big game for that reason. And we shit out a huge steaming turd on the field.

Reactions: RedMyMind
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT