ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska - KState BB

PvilleHuskerTim

Sophomore
Jun 21, 2001
Huskers up 10-5 early. Tominaga has hit two 3s after missing badly on his first attempt. New look for Verge.

I just don't recognize basketball anymore, I am definately the old guy who misses team ball. You rarely see this Nebraska team pass the ball more then 3 or 4 times before someone throws up a 30 footer.

Reactions: ZaneHickey
I'm not sure which offense I understand less, the football or the basketball team....having Verge as a point guard would be maddening for me as a coach.

Reactions: baseball31ne
It's too bad the rumors weren't true...Fred needs to go, but I can't see Trev paying the $15 million buyout

Reactions: tpmcg
I know I am comparing apples to watermelons, but after watching the VB team compete last night and then watching whatever this exhibition is today....just a stark contrast. One team looks prepared and has a leader that seems to genuinely understand how to scheme, the hoops team...man I really don't know what I'm watching. The reason why we struggle to score is our shot selection is whatever is after sucks....I mean I've seen better ball movement and shot selection at my lunch time YMCA pick up games, this team is just doomed.

Players care more about their stats than about wins. This is what happens when 80% of your team are transfers. Not a fan of flush & fill every year.

It's working for Iowa State and Minnesota this year. We just need more talented transfers.

I know I am comparing apples to watermelons, but after watching the VB team compete last night and then watching whatever this exhibition is today....just a stark contrast. One team looks prepared and has a leader that seems to genuinely understand how to scheme, the hoops team...man I really don't know what I'm watching. The reason why we struggle to score is our shot selection is whatever is after sucks....I mean I've seen better ball movement and shot selection at my lunch time YMCA pick up games, this team is just doomed.
John Cook and Amy Williams leading the way this year

Reactions: bomber89
John Cook and Amy Williams leading the way this year
I still think Amy Williams should be the Mens Head Basketball Coach. She is really, really, good. She and Cook are the two best coaches at Nebraska when it comes to the top 3 mens and womens sports.

I still think Amy Williams should be the Mens Head Basketball Coach. She is really, really, good. She and Cook are the two best coaches at Nebraska when it comes to the top 3 mens and womens sports.
She has recruited to her System and Fred has recruited to his system.
Don’t compare one to the other..

You should just stop posting if you think Amy Williams is a better coach than Hoiberg. The most important part of coaching is recruiting and she wouldn’t get anybody to play for her.

Nebraska BB is like Adrian Martinez. Disaster lives right next to great.

They will play great for a while and be able to hang with nearly any team in the country. But disaster is always looming and seems to occur at the wrong time.

You should just stop posting if you think Amy Williams is a better coach than Hoiberg. The most important part of coaching is recruiting and she wouldn’t get anybody to play for her.
One has gotten better every year, the other has failed. If you dont think male players wouldn't play for her your crazy. This isn't the 80's anymore, thats like saying girls wou;dn't play for a male coach.

One has gotten better every year, the other has failed. If you dont think male players wouldn't play for her your crazy. This isn't the 80's anymore, thats like saying girls wou;dn't play for a male coach.
What a delusional post.. There isn’t a women who would get hired to coach a men’s team..🙄

Geno Auriemma is the only woman's coach that could have actual success in mens college basketball. He'd be the only coach recruits would take seriously.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I think the Fred Hoiberg system is great if you have NBA type of players on the roster And playing regularly. We don’t have legitimate NBA players but potential players who’s games have to develop quite a bit. Some of them might but better get their degrees and look at pro ball in Europe or at best the whatever NBA developmental league.

This is the worst outside shooting team I've ever seen...and my niece plays Class D High School Girls Basketball, all of the teams at that level seem to make more threes than this team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT