ADVERTISEMENT

(Non) Touchdown before the half

HuskerO

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 11, 2006
I'm sure it was discussed in the first half game thread, but I don't want to look for it.

When reviewing Ervin's run that ended up being short to the goaline, how was that call not changed to a TD?

Neither knee, hip, elbow, etc hit the turf before the ball broke the plane. Am I missing something?

I'm sure it was discussed in the first half game thread, but I don't want to look for it.

When reviewing Ervin's run that ended up being short to the goaline, how was that call not changed to a TD?

Neither knee, hip, elbow, etc hit the turf before the ball broke the plane. Am I missing something?
they didn't even stop to look at it.

• Angry
Reactions: BleedRed78
The only plausible explanation for why they didn't overturn it is because the camera angle wasn't directly lined up with the plane of the goal line. Which begs the question why the camera wasn't lined up with the goalline in the first place? Still thought it was clear enough they should have overturned it.

Every call was met with a confused and babbling head judge. They didn't seem sure of anything. Hopefully we won't see them again.
They were great tacklers...speaking of their offensive line. I saw one of our DL get mugged and wrestled to the ground and pinned...all with a ref standing within a few feet watching the whole thing. Didn't even blink an eye.
On the flipside, we crawled up the backs and pinned the arms of their recievers several times. No calls.

I thought it was a TD when the play happened. On TV I figured he broke the plain. The replay shows no part of his body had touched the ground yet. He had control of the ball. No whistle yet. Elbow down at the same time he broke the white line with end of ball....TD. Nope.....why ? I need it explained to me refs. It met all the criteria of a successful TD as far as I understand it. I can't wait for the day a laser system is installed to counter crooked officials.

Every call was met with a confused and babbling head judge. They didn't seem sure of anything. Hopefully we won't see them again.
They were great tacklers...speaking of their offensive line. I saw one of our DL get mugged and wrestled to the ground and pinned...all with a ref standing within a few feet watching the whole thing. Didn't even blink an eye.
On the flipside, we crawled up the backs and pinned the arms of their recievers several times. No calls.
Go back and watch there LT jump before the ball is snapped on their TD drive.
I just posted about that ! I wasn't trippin then.

Reactions: BleedRed78
They stopped the game (after the false start) to review it.

They confirmed it was short, but idk how they could have determined that? There was enough to change the call to a TD.
Older fans/refs hate the Huskers and love to see them lose ... it is true! Younger fans etc. don't care because they don't remember TF and LP and all the beatdowns.

BiG officials....that's how

Obviously the turnovers were terrible but you can’t tell me we lose that game if that is called correctly and we score again before the half. Absolutely an outcome altering call.
I can't argue it was game changing....welcome to Nebraska football .

They confirmed it was short, but idk how they could have determined that? There was enough to change the call to a TD.
They did not confirm it. They said it stands. I don’t know how they thought they didn’t have enough evidence. IF all scoring plays are still reviewed the dumbasses on the field should have signaled a TD Then the replay guy could overturn it if need be with the clock stopped.

I hate when people do this. Same frickin difference, you know what I meant.
well there IS in fact a difference. It meant they didn’t think they had a view to overturn it. Sorry if that offends you. They blew it on the field AND in the booth. It would be interesting to know who the replay ref was. Confirmed means the call was no doubt correct

They did not confirm it. They said it stands. I don’t know how they thought they didn’t have enough evidence. IF all scoring plays are still reviewed the dumbasses on the field should have signaled a TD Then the replay guy could overturn it if need be with the clock stopped.
The puzzling thing was they decided to review the play after the false start? and I just answered my question f they call for a review before the false start it saves Nebraska a time out

The puzzling thing was they decided to review the play after the false start? and I just answered my question f they call for a review before the false start it saves Nebraska a time out
Supposedly they’re trying to speed up reviews. The replay guy should have buzzed down but we went hurry up to run the sneak.

well there IS in fact a difference. It meant they didn’t think they had a view to overturn it. Sorry if that offends you. They blew it on the field AND in the booth. It would be interesting to know who the replay ref was. Confirmed means the call was no doubt correct
I know it's different, but you knew exactly what I meant (they didnt think they had enough to overturn the original call). "Stands". "Confirmed". End result is the same which isn't different.

I'm not offended, just annoyed at people who do that.

I know it's different, but you knew exactly what I meant (they didnt think they had enough to overturn the original call). "Stands". "Confirmed". End result is the same which isn't different.

I'm not offended, just annoyed at people who do that.
Man this isn’t the place to be if things annoy you that easily😉. Itsallgood

They said it stands. So no, they didn't confirm it was short, just that they didn't have enough evidence to overturn it. Small verbage difference, same outcome, but very different.

They said it stands. So no, they didn't confirm it was short, just that they didn't have enough evidence to overturn it. Small verbage difference, same outcome, but very different.
Right, same outcome = very different. Haha!

Does it matter? Whether they say "stands" or "confirmed" the outcome is the same.

Pretty sure you too, understood what I was saying even though I was technically incorrect with the verbage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT