ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska hasn't been relevant this century

Sort of fits what I was talking about. It’s two programs that when they are good, college football is better. In this context, Michigan over the past 5 years or so has a much better argument than Nebraska does. IMHO.

Reactions: husker2612
if you are 2 pages deep debating whether or not you are relevant .... you aren't relevant

hopefully in years to come the question won't need to be asked because the answer will be obvious

Last edited:
Sort of fits what I was talking about. It’s two programs that when they are good, college football is better. In this context, Michigan over the past 5 years or so has a much better argument than Nebraska does. IMHO.
Agree with that, Harbaugh is our Frost and he gave them a 3 year head start on us.

Agree with that, Harbaugh is our Frost and he gave them a 3 year head start on us.

Harbaugh got out of the blocks quite a bit quicker than Frost ... he has 38 wins in his 1st 4 years and 3 ten win seasons

Are we getting on national tv? Not really.
Are we getting into major bowl games? Not really.
Are we battling for conference championships? Not really.
Are we embroiled in a legendary rivalry? Not really.
Are we putting players in the NFL? Not really.
Are we signing top level talent? Not really. (Side note: Did you know that 247Sports has Turner Corcoran as our third best recruit since 2000 at #32 in the country? #1 is Marlon Lucky.)

So are we relevant? Not really.

But things change.

Correct, he was at Stanford first..

not sure the relevance??

I can rephrase if you wish and state that the guy Michigan hired to right their blue blood program got off to a much better start than the guy we hired .. hopefully we start closing the gap

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
I’ll take the crystal and leave the tea and China.;)

What does Harbaugh coaching at Stanford have to do with his 1st year success at Michigan?

He took over a 5-7 team, sounds familiar. First year he want 10-3, not so familiar.

Again not saying that Harbaugh is a better coach, just saying that his results, taking over a 5-7 team, were better.

We hear this type of BS almost non stop from other fan bases. I guess that would depend on there definition of relevant. If people are using it as National title contenders than yes I suppose that could be accurate. Even as early as 2016 we were ranked at high as 7th and until we melted down we were viewed as a potential national contender.
Here is a top 20 list of teams with most wins since 2000. https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/College-footballs-winningest-programs-since-2000-113916135/

Now this list did not include last years results. Including last year Nebraska is 154-91 for a .628 win%
Which I believe would put us as a top 25 team on this list. While we haven't been a consistent NC level relevant for most of this century. We have been far from irrelevant.

No worries. That’s how the last century started as well, and look what happened!

Reactions: husker2612
Uhm Frost coming home to Nebraska after going 13-0 at UCF was the storyline and why the game was on the national broadcast. If Nebraska hired no name coach from Kentucky, that game isn’t on national tv. It’s an 11:00 am game on FS1 at best.

It was storyline not Nebraska
Same could be said if Frost went to a no name school from Kentucky. It was the combination of a 13-0 coach coming home and Nebraska football starting a new era.

Correct, it is about of 13-0 coach coming home to Nebraska. Not about Nebraska. Which is what I said.
Yes and no. It wasn't 100% just Frost. As I said if he had went to no name school, that game wouldn't have mattered 1 bit. But yes you are right it wasn't just about it being Nebraska. If Riley had still been the coach it wouldn't have got much attention.

Yes and no. It wasn't 100% just Frost. As I said if he had went to no name school, that game wouldn't have mattered 1 bit. But yes you are right it wasn't just about it being Nebraska. If Riley had still been the coach it wouldn't have got much attention.
Which is what I said originally. It was the storyline about the Nebraska kid coming home to coach Nebraska. Not about Nebraska being relevant.

Holy Shit people read the context.

Correct, it is about of 13-0 coach coming home to Nebraska. Not about Nebraska. Which is what I said.
You are arguing for sake of arguing, of course its about Nebraska. The media does not give a hoot about 13 -0 UCF. What they care about is resurrecting a national name, can you not see that ????

Reactions: F5Tornado
You are arguing for sake of arguing, of course its about Nebraska. The media does not give a hoot about 13 -0 UCF. What they care about is resurrecting a national name, can you not see that ????

Holy shit bro. Talk about arguing for the sake of arguing. I never said the media cared about UCF. They cared about the guy who coached them to a 13-0 season.

If Nebraska was relevant they wouldn’t need resurrecting.

This game being on national tv was because Frost was coming home and it being his 1st game at Nebraska. Period end of story. They got that story even though the game was never played.

The Colorado game was a regional game on ABC, why was that not a prime time game? Because Scott Frost’s second game at Nebraska is not as big a deal and Nebraska wasn’t a very good team.

Holy shit bro. Talk about arguing for the sake of arguing. I never said the media cared about UCF. They cared about the guy who coached them to a 13-0 season.

If Nebraska was relevant they wouldn’t need resurrecting.

This game being on national tv was because Frost was coming home and it being his 1st game at Nebraska. Period end of story. They got that story even though the game was never played.

The Colorado game was a regional game on ABC, why was that not a prime time game? Because Scott Frost’s second game at Nebraska is not as big a deal and Nebraska wasn’t a very good team.
I like you Tuco, and like what you contribute to the board. However, you do like to do your fair share of arguing to argue. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT