ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska-Creighton week

huskerbaseball13

Nebraska Legend
Jul 30, 2003
Let's get it started. Big week for the basketball team. I would say Wednesday is a must win if they want to position themselves for postseason play. It would take quite the run in Big 10 play to put ourselves in the discussion if we lose Wednesday and go 7-5(6-5 minus Mary) in the non-con. Beat Creighton and find a way to play .500 ball in the Big 10 and our RPI/SOS will put us in good position come March. Not only that, but Miles needs to get the McDermott/Creighton monkey off his back.

Let's get it started. Big week for the basketball team. I would say Wednesday is a must win if they want to position themselves for postseason play. It would take quite the run in Big 10 play to put ourselves in the discussion if we lose Wednesday and go 7-5(6-5 minus Mary) in the non-con. Beat Creighton and find a way to play .500 ball in the Big 10 and our RPI/SOS will put us in good position come March. Not only that, but Miles needs to get the McDermott/Creighton monkey off his back.

I can see NU winning this game.

I went to the Husker VB game Friday night. I was absolutely shocked about the number of fans around me obsessed with the Creighton VB game. I'm talking hitting refresh every minute while our game was going on. Maybe you all should have been in Lawrence with the other 50 CU fans instead of Lincoln. Freaking Jayskers.

Go Nebrasketball, crush the evil sweater vest empire.

I'm guessing the Vegas line will only be about 3-4 points in Creighton's favor. First road test for them. Should be interesting.

I was wondering about that too. You might be right, I was thinking 7-8 but it won't shock me if it is low. I have not looked at the KENPOM info yet.

Nebraska-Creighton game? Is that better? I guess some don't want to look at them as a rival but I would disagree with that assertion.

54-some hours ahead of time, do what you need to do, slugger. I just think it's funny, don't let me get in your [obsessed] way.

54-some hours ahead of time, do what you need to do, slugger. I just think it's funny, don't let me get in your [obsessed] way.

Oh, so this topic should only be brought up on game day? Funny, other boards are talking about the game. Also, you could have glossed over this thread, but you didn't.

Oh, so this topic should only be brought up on game day? Funny, other boards are talking about the game. Also, you could have glossed over this thread, but you didn't.

Do what you need to do, slugger. How many times do I need to tell you that? Good for other boards, I'm sure there's deep discussions too. Of course I could've glossed over it. Nudging you was too easy to pass up though.

Do what you need to do, slugger. How many times do I need to tell you that? Good for other boards, I'm sure there's deep discussions too. Of course I could've glossed over it. Nudging you was too easy to pass up though.

And you complain about others "ruining threads"..........how funny. LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Meanwhile on the basketball floor........

Yeahhhhhhh, I guess everyone else can talk about the upcoming game. Tai Webster talking about how he was looking ahead to the Creighton game. Creighton has done a good job taking away Nebraska's best player over the past few years so we will see what they have in store for Tai. Also looking forward to the Morrow/Patton and Watson/Watson matchup.

Why? If they beat Kansas the following game the Creighton game will mean nothing.

Why? If they beat Kansas the following game the Creighton game will mean nothing.

Well yeah, that would definitely cancel out the Creighton loss so to speak and then some. I guess weirder things have happened but I have the KU game as a loss. But I guess that's why they play they game. We will likely be 17-19 point dogs in Lawrence.

Morrow is a big matchup problem for Creighton because he plays the "4" and Creighton's "4s" are smart but not on Morrow's level. On the other hand, Justin Patton plays the "5" who is a big matchup problem for Nebraska and will most likely dunk over Jacobsen and Tshimanga probably 3-4 times.
GWatson vs MWatson will be fun to watch. He gives Nebraska the best chance to win because of his mid-range jumper.

I think it could be a close game because of Morrow and G Watson, but I just don't see the Huskers winning. Unfortunately, Nebraska doesn't have a Marcus Foster:(

Reactions: cidsports
We do not match up well with the Jays. It will come down to whether or not we hit our outside shots and our best players stay out of foul trouble.

I predict a 5 to 6 minute scoring drought for the Huskers and too much Creighton offense for us to handle. 75 - 68 final score and, unfortunately, Tai does not experience the thrill of victory over the little boys in blue. Man I hope I am wrong.

I went to the Husker VB game Friday night. I was absolutely shocked about the number of fans around me obsessed with the Creighton VB game. I'm talking hitting refresh every minute while our game was going on. Maybe you all should have been in Lawrence with the other 50 CU fans instead of Lincoln. Freaking Jayskers.

I was at the volleyball match as well. A few people were following the Creighton - KU match (including me) because KU was the 5th seed, and it was nice to have them knocked out as they are very talented. I didn't think it had anything to do with Creighton. KU could have been playing against anyone and we would have been happy to see them lose.

I don't understand why GBR has a problem discussing this matchup today??? It's the next game on the schedule, and a big in-state rival especially since Creighton will be coming into town 10th in the nation. I've been critical of Miles and the Husker basketball program but I have a different feeling towards this game. I think Nebraska/Miles break the streak and pull off the upset behind a rowdy crowd that will shake up the Bluejays who haven't played a "true" road game yet.

Huskers 76
Bluejays 73

Reactions: huskerfan1414
No problem here, this thread got me so jacked up I decided to put the scarlet and cream face paint on, 2 days early! Candy cane striped overalls are ironed and the corn cob hat is ready to go. All that's left is to clean up my N shoes and a short trip to Lincoln.

So jacked up for this game, can hardly contain myself. Creighton week baby!

Miles will meltdown, once again against McDermott, and the usual posters will want him fired but the season goes on. Miles pulls a rabbit out of his hat and the usual posters are missing. It's like clockwork on here.

GBR, Creighton week!

In all seriousness, I fully expect Creighton to shut down the lanes and force NU to hit from the outside. Same philosophy, different year. I just hope coach Lewis has enough knowledge of Creighton from his Butler days to make a difference. Our transition defense isn't very good, which is a nightmare against a team like Creighton.

Last edited:
I would love to be able to share the optimism but Creighton's worst offensive performance was scoring 79 against Wisconsin. Nebraska's best offensive performance was 83 against Sac St. Nebraska is going to have to be able to play great defense and great offense to win this game.

Somebody other than Watson, Morrow or Webster is going to have to contribute significant points for Nebraska to win.

Go Nebrasketball, crush the evil sweater vest empire.
Maybe its because its really fun to follow the in state programs and Creighton upsetting Kansas is pretty cool

I'm guessing the Vegas line will only be about 3-4 points in Creighton's favor. First road test for them. Should be interesting.
I'd be surprised if the spread is as low as 4. I'd predict 9-10, but sometimes Vegas lines surprise me. We'll soon find out.

I'd be surprised if the spread is as low as 4. I'd predict 9-10, but sometimes Vegas lines surprise me. We'll soon find out.

Most metrics has it at a 3-5 point game. If Vegas sets the line at 9-10 points then the money should flow in on Nebraska as risky as that sounds given the past 5 meetings between the two.

I guess Nebraska played reasonably close with UCLA who went on to beat number one. So maybe it is possible. I just see Creighton as a very strong team.

Nebraska - Creighton week? Is that anything like Nebraska gets sh*t-stomped by in - state rival week?

We are going to get gutted, and gutted bad...and we'll wonder why we haven't locked this Miles guy up for a lifetime contact.

Nebraska - Creighton week? Is that anything like Nebraska gets sh*t-stomped by in - state rival week?

We are going to get gutted, and gutted bad...and we'll wonder why we haven't locked this Miles guy up for a lifetime contact.
I really don't think so. Not saying we win but I think we will be a tougher out than some expect. I think this one goes down to the wire.

I hate all things Bluejays but I don't think this game will be close. Bluejays by about 20.

Reactions: Bugeater
Whatever happens, Husker fans can rejoice that this will very likely be the only time Patton plays in PBA as a member of the Bluejays.

CU has not scored more than 65 points in Lincoln except maybe once in the past 15 years. They have had some very good shooting teams shoot very poorly in Lincoln. I will be surprised if they get out of the 60s.

Morrow is a big matchup problem for Creighton because he plays the "4" and Creighton's "4s" are smart but not on Morrow's level. On the other hand, Justin Patton plays the "5" who is a big matchup problem for Nebraska and will most likely dunk over Jacobsen and Tshimanga probably 3-4 times.
GWatson vs MWatson will be fun to watch. He gives Nebraska the best chance to win because of his mid-range jumper.

I think it could be a close game because of Morrow and G Watson, but I just don't see the Huskers winning. Unfortunately, Nebraska doesn't have a Marcus Foster:(

Cole Huff says hello from Omaha. But your right, I fully expect Patton to "big boi" Jacobsen & Tshimanga all night. Plain and simple, this is the best Creighton team of all time. Better than the Korver teams or the Dougie McBuckets teams. Unlike those teams, this is a complete team. Having said that, I think the game being in Lincoln helps the huskers a ton and I did not like the way the Jays finished against Akron Saturday. I think the Jays are playing over confident right now and that can be a problem on the road. And we all know, Husker fans west of Omaha primarily hate the Jays, so PBA will be rocking.

I am an Omaha kid, so I love both these programs. It's actually my least favorite sports day of the year. The game matters more for the Huskers so I may pull for them this year. But it's like being a child whose parents were never married and just had a random drunken hook-up one night. Now its just awkward because your Dad comes from $ but isn't that successful and your Mom is very successful but your dad's family just thinks she's a slut. So you cant bring her up around them.

I hate all things Bluejays but I don't think this game will be close. Bluejays by about 20.

Creighton has looked less than stellar at home in their past two games vs Buffalo and Akron. Creighton can be had on the boards with a physical presence. Losing Zach Hanson hurts them inside to relieve Patton. First road game of the year for the Jays as well. Creighton needs to play at fast pace. Need to limit their chances to do so and make this a half court game. Muck it up and make it an ugly game.

ADVERTISEMENT