ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska-Crayton in the NIT

Who wins the rematch?
I don't know. Right now I would take NU. But a lot of things to happen first. Does miles get fired and how does team respond. How will Creighton feel about not being in the dance. They could be uninspired. Plus there's a lot of internal distraction at both schools.

i want to more of why miles can get a group of misfits to play pretty decent basketball but early in the season with everyone healthy they couldn't beat unk
But Nebraska did play well early in the season. Except for a bit of a clunker against a good Texas Tech team, they played very well. The big change this past week is that Palmer is absolutely kicking butt and Watson is playing better than he has in a long time. Maybe that's due to better team chemistry or whatever, but Nebraska is always a tough out if these two are playing well.

Most likely NU wouldn’t get Creighton right off the bat.

NIT also seeds teams like the NCAA..

go look at the shooting stats of palmer and watson during jan and feb.

starting with sparty on 1/17:

palmer/watson

6/21 3/13
7/18 4/10
7/17 5/10
5/19 2/10
6/20 3/12
2/13 0/10
6/17 1/5
7/10 8/16 (WIN)
3/17 5/12 (WIN)
7/20 2/10
2/12 10/20
3/15 5/14
11/24 9/17 (offense wasn't the problem vs sparty)

last 3 games:

10/24 7/15
9/19 4/14
8/13 6/12

These two have to make shots. Palmer especially played well below his talent level.

coaches need to develop relationships so starters don't walk away to schools and put them in the dance......and NU v CU - next fall?

I'm willing to wager a chunk of change that both NU and Creighton get bounced out of the NIT in the first round.

Last edited:
Penn State won the NIT in 2018 and the NIT is all that matters at the moment. I predict it will be the Big Ten two years in a row. And there is something to be said about a deep conference who often times wins the NIT after knocking off each other in the conference season and therefore not getting the benefit of a #1 seed in NCAA or as many teams as they deserve..

Penn State won the NIT in 2018 and the NIT is all that matters at the moment. I predict it will be the Big Ten two years in a row. And there is something to be said about a deep conference who often times wins the NIT after knocking off each other in the conference season and therefore not getting the benefit of a #1 seed in NCAA or as many teams as they deserve..
It should also be noted that the Big Ten absolutely OWNS the effing Pinstripe Bowl!

Don’t mind the NIT. Some good games, especially when team get to MSG. Didn’t Minnesota make a run a few years ago?

Should have also mentioned that since MSU last won the title in 2000 7 B1G teams have finished runner ups..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT