ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska baseball team

Really? Kansas state, Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri had some good years. I'm not saying the conference made Nebraska, it was a perfect storm of facilities , coaching and playing against the best that helped our cause. DE took over a shit program and was sent to a shit conference... It's hard enough to bring in championship caliber talent north. I would argue that the move to the big made it even harder... Similar situation for creighton...
It's hard to bring in enough baseball talent to win the Big Ten? Or better yet...not got 2 n Q in the Big Ten tournament back to back years? Let's stop absolving Erstad of any blame. He will be the first to tell you this program should be and needs to get better. Had someone other than Erstad been hired 5 years ago and we were told after 5 years the results would produce one regional win and zero Big Ten titles(out of ten).....nobody would have believed it and everybody would be talking about how that would be a failure.

No none sir. Just here to talk ball. I may have different opinions than you... But that's ok.
Explain how your opinion is different? I know you can't read, but I did say I don't want to get rid of Erstad at this point.

It's hard to bring in enough baseball talent to win the Big Ten? Or better yet...not got 2 n Q in the Big Ten tournament back to back years? Let's stop absolving Erstad of any blame. He will be the first to tell you this program should be and needs to get better. Had someone other than Erstad been hired 5 years ago and we were told after 5 years the results would produce one regional win and zero Big Ten titles(out of ten).....nobody would have believed it and everybody would be talking about how that would be a failure.
Five years ago, top-level talent was going to absolutely flock to NU because of the MLB resume and the World Series ring. I didn't buy that at the time, but was assured over and over and over again that it was true. Now we're told that it's just too difficult to recruit top-level talent when you play in a shit conference.

But if we play in such a shitty conference, why hasn't NU ever won it?

"Because....uh, well, uh... because... Mike Anderson!"

I know Erstad isn't going anywhere, following what was one of his better seasons (postseason meltdown notwithstanding). But if this is the ridiculously low level of accountability that now comes with this job, he's here for life no matter what the results on the field look like. We've found our new John Anderson.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Five years ago, top-level talent was going to absolutely flock to NU because of the MLB resume and the World Series ring. I didn't buy that at the time, but was assured over and over and over again that it was true. Now we're told that it's just too difficult to recruit top-level talent when you play in a shit conference.

I know Erstad isn't going anywhere, following what was one of his better seasons (postseason meltdown notwithstanding). But if this is the ridiculously low level of accountability that now comes with this job, he's here for life no matter what the results on the field look like. We've found our new John Anderson.

There's something oddly familiar about this. I agree with you by the way.
And our new John Anderson? I hope....I could go for some Seminole Wind and Straight Tequila Night right about now.

I agree with what you are saying here. I guess I'm just not ready to give up on his program yet, just as you aren't either. I'd like to make a deep run like we did at the turn of the century. The 2 and q performances are discouraging, hopefully this time next year we are having a conversation about super regionals.

I really hope not on John Anderson. I guess I have curbed my expectations. Whether that be For better or worse.. I was down on the move to the big (for baseball) and wasn't thrilled about the DE hire. If we were experiencing similar results while in the Big 12, I would want DE gone. But as it stands, we are in a mid major type conference and We won most of our conference series. I don't like it but we aren't a baseball school anymore . That doesn't mean that we can't make a run every now and again. If Indiana and Notre Dame could do it, so can we .

Last edited:
There's something oddly familiar about this. I agree with you by the way.
And our new John Anderson? I hope....I could go for some Seminole Wind and Straight Tequila Night right about now.
Excellent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT