ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraka is No. 1 this week - In the Misery Index

I guess some media exposure is better than no media exposure or something like that.

Hard to spin articles like this to future recruits/families and even the fanbase. :(

Last edited:
Simply put, nobody should trust a word that comes out of Frost’s mouth. Especially going forward. You only have to watch 5 minutes of any press conference to realize he’s lost.
So what you going to do?root for Iowa? That isn’t what I got out of his press conference. Just curious how many of you frost haters or wanting a coaching change after 1 1/2 years, my question is you just think frost is sitting at his desk counting his cash saying fu to Nebraska?

Reactions: scarletred
So what you going to do?root for Iowa? That isn’t what I got out of his press conference. Just curious how many of you frost haters or wanting a coaching change after 1 1/2 years, my question is you just think frost is sitting at his desk counting his cash saying fu to Nebraska?

I won’t listen to a word that he says. I thought that was pretty clear.

Nor did I call for his head. You can be critical and still recognize he needs time. Or, you can continue to drink the red kool aid and think everything is fine.

Nor did I call for his head. You can be critical and still recognize he needs time. Or, you can continue to drink the red kool aid and think everything is fine.
I think the Kool-Aid faded to pink a few weeks ago. NOBODY thinks everything is fine including Frost and his staff. You can tell this is eating him alive and it certainly has you by the gizzard. The difference is in how some people WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT react to the situation. Some of us choose to keep our emotions in check and try to take a long term logical approach. Others jump on message boards advocating "heads rolling" .

I’m not drinking the kool aid I guess I’m being realistic, by simply listening to what former players were saying about practice. Would your opinion been any different if the media and talking heads would have said before the season that Nebraska will be lucky to go 7-5? We knew the O-line wasn’t good last year, we knew linebackers were going to be a issue. But the so called experts were saying 10-2. Because we have star power recruits. There are a lot of issues. One is no depth, your starters can’t improve by going against the scout team. And the second unit is a step above the scout team. You basically need 22 players equal in talent, so you can go number ones on offense vs number one on defense. I also think frost is working them to hard and they’re tired by game time.

I’m not drinking the kool aid I guess I’m being realistic, by simply listening to what former players were saying about practice. Would your opinion been any different if the media and talking heads would have said before the season that Nebraska will be lucky to go 7-5? We knew the O-line wasn’t good last year, we knew linebackers were going to be a issue. But the so called experts were saying 10-2. Because we have star power recruits. There are a lot of issues. One is no depth, your starters can’t improve by going against the scout team. And the second unit is a step above the scout team. You basically need 22 players equal in talent, so you can go number ones on offense vs number one on defense. I also think frost is working them to hard and they’re tired by game time.
Frost said we would compete for the West title this year. Coach speak again? What former players are you referring to and what was their comments

You seem to think it’s just about the record and not the fact that win or lose we look like a team that’s unprepared every single week. Essentially, every week is a new shit show on the field.

Frost said we would compete for the West title this year. Coach speak again? What former players are you referring to and what was their comments

You seem to think it’s just about the record and not the fact that win or lose we look like a team that’s unprepared every single week. Essentially, every week is a new shit show on the field.
So what you want frost to say? We suck we won’t finish over 500. Hell at the start of the season the Kansas City Royals had playoffs ideas. Some coaches play it optimistic some downplay the upcoming year. Tom usually said we could become a decent team by the end of the season. I believe jay foreman and Damon and several other former players mentioned pump the brakes

Just tired being a punching bag for fans of most any other college program. Have to hear about how delusional our program and fans are when they read these stupid quotes. About the time you get some hope things are looking up, a year like this comes around like clockwork to remind us that we have zero relevancy in college football.

Reactions: SwiftSword
So what you want frost to say? We suck we won’t finish over 500. Hell at the start of the season the Kansas City Royals had playoffs ideas. Some coaches play it optimistic some downplay the upcoming year. Tom usually said we could become a decent team by the end of the season. I believe jay foreman and Damon and several other former players mentioned pump the brakes
How about...kids are working hard, one step at a time in the process, we see some positive things in practice, but the games are what matter. It’s really not that tough.

How about...kids are working hard, one step at a time in the process, we see some positive things in practice, but the games are what matter. It’s really not that tough.
I agree with you on that!! I will say he did say we’re a 4-8 team until we prove otherwise. But I agree he says things that come back to bite him in the ass. He’ll learn how to choose his words. Still prefer his comments over Riley’s

5 coaches, 20 years, different players every year, same “greatest fans in college football.” There’s only one common denominator in that equation. The fans need to back off and let the program find its footing and a formula that works for Nebraska. We wanted Frost, we got him and now give him the 7 years he was promised.

Just tired being a punching bag for fans of most any other college program. Have to hear about how delusional our program and fans are when they read these stupid quotes. About the time you get some hope things are looking up, a year like this comes around like clockwork to remind us that we have zero relevancy in college football.
We’ve been a non-factor in college football since 01 except for one or two years under bos first couple years. Hell I hear it all the time from above all kst fans, and believe me they’re as obnoxious as the Iowa fans. Yes I love Nebraska Football but in the grand scheme of things it’s still just a game. Not like some family member battling cancer. Look at jack Hoffman now he’s a inspiration, Nebraska Football woes pale in comparison to what jack has been through

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
I think the Kool-Aid faded to pink a few weeks ago. NOBODY thinks everything is fine including Frost and his staff. You can tell this is eating him alive and it certainly has you by the gizzard. The difference is in how some people WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT react to the situation. Some of us choose to keep our emotions in check and try to take a long term logical approach. Others jump on message boards advocating "heads rolling" .
i wish i could double like this post!

I posted this in another thread but Scott needs to shut the hell up. You can be Steve Spurrier all you want when we are winning. But getting boatraced by Minnesota means its time to shut the hell up and do your job.

Several years ago we just wanted not to be embarrassed. Now it is year two and we have two maybe three embarrassing losses. Two and a half already, CU, OSU and Minny. I could see two more coming Wiscy and IOWA. Just be competitive and show some improvement. I care about the record, but I want to know in year 4 or 5 we are competing for the west. Promise year two and see this stuff.

We also didn’t think we would be without a kicker at the beginning of the year, shit happens. We have depth issues, injures, and youth to deal with at this point of the year. We’ll get through it and hopefully make it to a bowl game. We’ll add depth and experience this year and grab a top 20 recruiting class.
Most of the doubters new this was a long term deal at the beginning of the year and the kool-aid drinkers are now catching up.

I agree with you on that!! I will say he did say we’re a 4-8 team until we prove otherwise. But I agree he says things that come back to bite him in the ass. He’ll learn how to choose his words. Still prefer his comments over Riley’s
The one that sticks with me- ‘the big ten is going to have to adjust to us.

or- you better get us know.

or, and most of all - the one about social media intolerance for bad treatment or derogatory comment about women.

the only one that is holding water- get us know. He could be right about that.

He’s the right guy imo, but the Admin payed top dollar for a guy with very sparse experience as a head coach- in a bad conf. Learning how to manage a program of this magnitude is not easy- media, setting expectations, and understanding the quality of opponents is a part of it

I support and always will support Nebraska football but there's no doubt we are high in the misery index these days - the number ranking doesn't matter.

Frost needs to find his way. I've said it before but his biggest mistake so far was not going after immediate JUCO OL help. That's not the only problem but it is the biggest. On offense neither the WRs or RBs or stepping up either to go along with that weak OL.

I don't think Frost's UCF offense can cut it in the B1G, he needs to make some adjustments. Week after week of powerful opponents is too much. We'll see if his ego allows him to figure it out.

Reactions: Baxter48
Simply put, nobody should trust a word that comes out of Frost’s mouth. Especially going forward. You only have to watch 5 minutes of any press conference to realize he’s lost.
I have to admit that I kinda sorta agree with this statement. I've said it before on here...I hate Frost pressers more than I hated rileys'. I haven't listened to it and probably won't...but I am sure he apologized (which I HATE) said it's his and the coaches responsibility to get the team ready which obviously they did not.....this time I am sure Vedral feels bad and will take responsibility and apologize.....blah blah blah......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT