ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show Thread (All Fanbases Welcome)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
It's time to reveal what everyone has been playing for over the course of the season! GBR and goodluck to all other Big Ten schools.

Tune into ESPN2

Top 8 National Seeds

Oregon State
North Carolina
LSU
Florida
Louisville
Texas Tech
TCU
Stanford

Holy F we are going to the best team in college baseball history.... Sick

Oregon State

I guess if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. :confused:

Reactions: sklarbodds
Well, at least we didn't have to wait long on that one. Guess we're playing for making the regional final.

The bright side is outside of Oregon State the matchups in the regional or even Supers are very mediocre. Clemson probably lucky to even be a regional host.

I guess by giving us a #2 seed and sending us to Corvallis, they are essentially saying we are the weakest #2 seed in the field.

Reactions: saluno22
Michigan goes to the #2 National Seed North Carolina Regional as a 3 Seed. May be an early exit for the Big Ten

Indiana heads to the Kentucky Regional as a 2 Seed. I guess that cancels out the theory of us being the weakest 2 Seed.

Nebraska is essentially the last No. 2 seed in the field

Maryland gets into a Regional as they head to the Wake Forest Regional as a 3 Seed. They also get an easier path than Nebraska. Does give the Big Ten 5 teams in the Tourney as a whole.
Nebraska is essentially the last No. 2 seed in the field
Makes no sense though. My guess is RPI truly is the deciding factor because nothing else adds up.

Welp, since I'm in Minneapolis for the Weekend I guess I'll walk down the street and watch the Twins and Astro's play some ball. Never been to Target Field. Anyone have any insight on can't miss places around the stadium?

I'm a silver lining kind of guy. We're one of two non-Pac-12 teams in the field (along with Indiana) to play Oregon State this year. Maybe that gives is an edge. It's a reach but I need something!

Also, winning the regional would likely mean a favorable matchup in the supers. Clemson was on a serious slide to end the year.

Welp, since I'm in Minneapolis for the Weekend I guess I'll walk down the street and watch the Twins and Astro's play some ball. Never been to Target Field. Anyone have any insight on can't miss places around the stadium?

Been a couple years but I liked this place called Sneaky Pete's. They got a ton of places to go to. Target field is really nice too. They even have self serve beer at TF.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobsterMobster
Lyon's Pub is a great place for bar food and drink. It's a short walk from the ballpark. And it's a Husker hangout. Lots of Nebraska paraphernalia around.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Been a couple years but I liked this place called Sneaky Pete's. They got a ton of places to go to. Target field is really nice too. They even have self serve beer at TF.

Lyon's Pub is a great place for bar food and drink. It's a short walk from the ballpark. And it's a Husker hangout. Lots of Nebraska paraphernalia around.

Appreciate the insight from both of you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT