Louisville - W Michigan - Wright St - Ohio St
Vanderbilt - Xavier - Washington- UCSB
S Carolina - Rhode Island - Duke - UNCW
Clemson - W Carolina - Nebraska - Oklahoma St

Mississippi St - SE MO St - LA Tech - CS Fullerton
UL Lafayette - Princeton - Sam Houston St - Arizona
Ole Miss - Utah - Boston College - Tulane
Miami (FL) - Stetson - Long Beach St - Fla Atlantic

Very bored with the LSU love for 30 years. Good folks and all but would so much rather see an Oklahoma State , Duke, Navy, William and Mary knock any of the usual suspects out in the regionals. Huskers do not have the pitching this time around.

Very bored with the LSU love for 30 years. Good folks and all but would so much rather see an Oklahoma State , Duke, Navy, William and Mary knock any of the usual suspects out in the regionals. Huskers do not have the pitching this time around.

Nebraska is like 24-5 when the starting pitcher goes 6+ innings this year. It will all depend on our starters. Hopefully they have a fabulous weekend.

Reactions: saluno22
OK, question for everyone else. Meyer has a 1.38 ERA and BA of .189 and Waldron has a 2.39 ERA and .245 BA. Why did we start Waldron again?

OK, question for everyone else. Meyer has a 1.38 ERA and BA of .189 and Waldron has a 2.39 ERA and .245 BA. Why did we start Waldron again?
Because he has to play in the field when not pitching. That is why they started him on Sundays.

Because he has to play in the field when not pitching. That is why they started him on Sundays.

I know, but don't you think we should be more concerned with getting that first win under our belt in the regional? To me, that's more important than the 2 or 3 'serious' throws he'll make from the outfield per game. Having a fresh arm on the mound is more important than having a fresh arm in the field, IMO.

I know, but don't you think we should be more concerned with getting that first win under our belt in the regional? To me, that's more important than the 2 or 3 'serious' throws he'll make from the outfield per game. Having a fresh arm on the mound is more important than having a fresh arm in the field, IMO.
Not about his potential outfield throws. It's about the kids health and future. A responsible baseball coach would not make a kid with that kind of future do that.
He is the most talented player on the team, with a bright future.

Not about his potential outfield throws. It's about the kids health and future. A responsible baseball coach would not make a kid with that kind of future do that.
He is the most talented player on the team, with a bright future.

Hmmmm. I respect your opinion on this, but it just seems like we could use his services on the mound while his legs and arm are fresh during the first game, and he wouldn't be called on to throw that much from the field. Oh well, you know this stuff better than I do.

Hmmmm. I respect your opinion on this, but it just seems like we could use his services on the mound while his legs and arm are fresh during the first game, and he wouldn't be called on to throw that much from the field. Oh well, you know this stuff better than I do.
They just need him in the lineup if nothing else. If you ever played the game at even a high-school level, you understand how an arm can just feel dead the day or 2 after a start. And cutting loose outfield throws would be painful, and potentially harmful.
Hell Madison Bumgardner is a great hitter, but they don't run him out to right field when he's not pitching (although that guy is a damn freak and could probably do it).

They just need him in the lineup if nothing else. If you ever played the game at even a high-school level, you understand how an arm can just feel dead the day or 2 after a start. And cutting loose outfield throws would be painful, and potentially harmful.
Hell Madison Bumgardner is a great hitter, but they don't run him out to right field when he's not pitching (although that guy is a damn freak and could probably do it).
I thought maybe Erstad would start Meyers today and then DH him tomorrow. But in a way, it's probably better that he didn't. You can't win a game 0-0, and except for one inning when the Huskers had a threat that fizzled out, the offense looked pretty overmatched.

Yeah, that makes sense. I pitched up until maybe junior high and then moved to 1st and outfield, so it's hard to remember how I felt after pitching. Back then we weren't throwing pitches in the high 80s and 90s either, so it was easier to bounce back. Not to mention it is easier in general to bounce back when you are younger.

I thought maybe Erstad would start Meyers today and then DH him tomorrow. But in a way, it's probably better that he didn't. You can't win a game 0-0, and except for one inning when the Huskers had a threat that fizzled out, the offense looked pretty overmatched.
Impossible if they want Schreiber in the lineup. No way he can play in the field.

Clemson s-rolled Western Carolina earlier. 24-10. In baseball.

Vandy got rolled. Xavier put together a 13 run inning and won 15-1. They scored their 15 runs on 9 hits.
And Louisville beat Ohio State 14-0. How fortunate that the ESPN Family of Networks remained glued to both games.

I realize ESPN can't predict which games are going to be competitive, but they need to be willing to cut away from those that become unwatchable.

And Louisville beat Ohio State 14-0. How fortunate that the ESPN Family of Networks remained glued to both games.

I realize ESPN can't predict which games are going to be competitive, but they need to be willing to cut away from those that become unwatchable.
That game is not over. Rain delay in Louisville.

Coastal Carolina with the one-out-from-elimination-come-from-behind-win. I was watching this last night until the final postponement. Fun series.

Florida - Florida St
Coastal Carolina - LSU
Texas Tech - E Carolina
Texas AM - TCU
Louisville - UCSB
S. Carolina - Oklahoma St
Mississippi St - Arizona
Miami - Boston College

Last edited:
Florida - Florida St
Coastal Carolina - LSU
Texas Tech - E Carolina
Texas AM - TCU
Louisville - UCSB
S. Carolina - Oklahoma St
Mississippi St - Arizona
Miami - Boston College
If I had the time off and psychic abilities for forewarning... I would be at that A&M and TCU set.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT