ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Baseball Championship Selection Thread (11am CT ESPN2)

Nebraska bid on hosting. Mitch's point is that Nebraska may have had the opportunity to win a bid to host had the Big Ten allowed non-conference games and held a conference tournament. He's not wrong.
Hey if I'm wrong I'll admit it but sports nightly said we didn't. Where did you see that we did

Spots Nightly said we didn’t bid on hosting? I think you may have misunderstood. Or I’m misunderstanding your post. We 100% bid to host.
Yep that's the way I heard it. I could swear they said we didn't because it would have been a mute point because we didn't/couldn't meet the attendance minimum guarantee. But ultimately things changed 2 weeks after the bid deadline

Yep that's the way I heard it. I could swear they said we didn't because it would have been a mute point because we didn't/couldn't meet the attendance minimum guarantee. But ultimately things changed 2 weeks after the bid deadline
I think you might be confusing this with the NCAA lifting the 50% capacity attendance limit in May after the 20 potential sites had already been named. Coach Bolt stated in mid-May that NU bid to host.

NCAA was only accepting bids from sites that could hold/guarantee a certain amount of seating. At that time, NU wasn't able to because of the Lincoln, restrictions to less than 50%.

Huh?

Notre Dame's capacity is 2,500. Even at 100%, that's not even close to Haymarket at 50% (4,200 is 50%). ND's grandstand is on par with high school level.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT