ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA bans the fake slide...

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Surprises me they moved that fast. If Pickett would not have bragged about it afterwards they probably do nothing.

Nice job NCAA for trying to clean up the mess that you made. The QB slide was made a thing by them. Protect the qb back off limit contact because Junior Seau and reasons.

Then that thing was used to advantage. Oh no! Squeals the NCAA we can’t have smarts and creativity on the field, no sireee. We will make that a no-no now.

2006 wisky nitts kickoff fiasco comes to mind.

The very nature of the bureaucrat.
Go Blue!

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nice job NCAA for trying to clean up the mess that you made. The QB slide was made a thing by them. Protect the qb back off limit contact because Junior Seau and reasons.

Then that thing was used to advantage. Oh no! Squeals the NCAA we can’t have smarts and creativity on the field, no sireee. We will make that a no-no now.

2006 wisky nitts kickoff fiasco comes to mind.

The very nature of the bureaucrat.
Go Blue!
Whether you think it's a good idea to ban fake sliding or not (I do), this doesn't really seem like the right place to attack "bureaucracy." A potential problem with the existing rule was identified and the head of officials instructed his subordinates on how they should eliminate that problem using the existing structure, all before any more football games were played. No need for a summer-long meeting of the competition committee or a vote of athletic directors. That sounds to me like the system working.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Whether you think it's a good idea to ban fake sliding or not (I do), this doesn't really seem like the right place to attack "bureaucracy." A potential problem with the existing rule was identified and the head of officials instructed his subordinates on how they should eliminate that problem using the existing structure, all before any more football games were played. No need for a summer-long meeting of the competition committee or a vote of athletic directors. That sounds to me like the system working.
Imo, it was a rule to fix a rule to fix a problem that did not exist.

Sure sounds like a thing a bureaucracy would to do. Just sayin'

Go Blue!

Imo, it was a rule to fix a rule to fix a problem that did not exist.

Sure sounds like a thing a bureaucracy would to do. Just sayin'

Go Blue!
Your problem is with the slide rule in the first place? I think it's pretty obvious what "problem" that is intended to solve.

Your problem is with the slide rule in the first place? I think it's pretty obvious what "problem" that is intended to solve.
Whatever.

Kudo's to Pickett for doing it.

Don't really care, probably just looking for a fight because I'm bored.

Go Blue!

It had to be banned otherwise the defense would have no idea whether they should tackle or not. Some QB giving himself up was going to get lit up one day because of the fake slide. The whole purpose of the rule was to protect the QB after all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT