ADVERTISEMENT

NBA All-Star Game Festivities. Pure Comedy.

SoFL Husker

Defensive Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
I think that was Jamie Foxx rapping. It has gone straight downhill from there.

Is everyone in LA on prescription medication?

Spending 20 minutes on introductions when it normally takes a minute right before the game.

wgas

Man, that little man Kevin Hart sure knows how to get on stage don't he. He was involved in the dunk contest last night also. Dude is a camera hore!

The halftime show is an orgy of bad modern rap.

Still love the NBA basketball excellence. These guys can ball.

Too bad their marketing is going down the drain. Puke

Reactions: jeans15
Do you guys like basketball games played by elite athletes who can actually make jump shots?

Other than that, yea, pure crap.

NBA Marketing is going down the crapper

Do you guys like basketball games played by elite athletes who can actually make jump shots?

Nothing but gangster it's either shooting the long 3s or dunks the NBA died when Jordan, bird, magic,Kareem,dr j retired. The only team to resemble the older style was the spurs with Tim Duncan

Nothing but gangster it's either shooting the long 3s or dunks the NBA died when Jordan, bird, magic,Kareem,dr j retired. The only team to resemble the older style was the spurs with Tim Duncan

Dude, give Bron Bron credit.

That comeback was YYYuuuuuuugggeee!!!

The best 2 and 3 ever are Michael Jordan and Lebron James. And don't even bring up Larry Bird. Lebron James would smother Larry Bird...

Most all star games are a joke although I did enjoy the final minutes of the game and changing to where the captains draft there team. It was pretty awesome seeing LeBron and Durant who is Curry's team mate doubling up on curry and not letting the shot off. I do like how the NBA is at least open to try doing things differently.

I just went and tried to watch Fergie sing the anthem as I hadn't heard anything about it as I've been away from the TV and the computer for most of weekend, and that was, without a doubt, the worst anthem I've ever heard. My cat left the room.

Most all star games are a joke although I did enjoy the final minutes of the game and changing to where the captains draft there team. It was pretty awesome seeing LeBron and Durant who is Curry's team mate doubling up on curry and not letting the shot off. I do like how the NBA is at least open to try doing things differently.

It was quite interesting and enjoying to watch Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, and Paul George all on the court on the same team. That is a sick line up. Lebron certainly drafted better than Curry.

Honestly, the NBA is probably better than its ever been. There are a lot of 'Get off my lawn' type opinions of the NBA, which is what I've come to expect after many years on this board.

This new way of the all star game is great. I've never seen a more competitive all star game. Great to see the 10 best players in the world going at it full strength at the end in a close game

Yeah I mean anything that has African American influence is pure crap right? (Sarcasm Alert)

Not sure if you were being sarcastic here or not, but my goodness if you weren't!!! You along with a multiple other people in this thread are extremely judgmental people!

Did you just start watching the NBA? Hip Hop has been a big part of the NBA since I can remember. I frankly don't have a problem with it! Just because they aren't using The Rolling Stone's, ZZ Top and Bruce Springsteen to perform at the All Star Game doesn't mean their "Marketing is going down the crapper"... It just means they don't give a **** if you are part of their market.

Reactions: saluno22
Ignorant fool...seems like the last time you watched a game was 2000...the game has spread out so much more because of the shooting prowess of the league. Only one of the guys you listed above was proficient outside of 15 feet. Jordan was a poor 3 point shooer. Guys today have to be good on the block , on the drive, and from 22+...

Ignorant fool...seems like the last time you watched a game was 2000...the game has spread out so much more because of the shooting prowess of the league. Only one of the guys you listed above was proficient outside of 15 feet. Jordan was a poor 3 point shooer. Guys today have to be good on the block , on the drive, and from 22+...
Bring back Bill Laimbeer!!!

Hockey needs to bring back fighting, too.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
Bring back Bill Laimbeer!!!

Hockey needs to bring back fighting, too.
The point is dude never would have played in the game today. He wasn't a good enough basketball player. He had a place when 3/5 guys couldn't shoot the ball, now 4/5 or all 5 need to be shooters and be able to defend multiple positions. It is such a game of skill where guys who are 6' 7 but can't shoot the 3 or be a primary ball handler are left on the bench. The game doesn't need to be physical, go watch football or hockey for that mess. Basketball is meant to be a game of skill and freakish athleticism. Take Lebron, he would have been the tallest NFL player, who weighs as much as a d-lineman, but could outrun a corner. The NFL is the game of physicality.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT