ADVERTISEMENT

My 1st game in Lincoln

bjd63

Walk On
Gold Member
Mar 22, 2005
arizona
So i have been a Husker fan since i was a young kid. Moved from Omaha at age 5 to Phoenix AZ back in 1968. I remember the game of the century watching it with my family back in 1971. As I grew older and went to Arizona State University I never lost my love for Husker Football, I have watched them play 7 times in person in ASU, Fiesta Bowls, at UCLA and USC and even Texas. Finally at age 55 I purchased ticket thru StubHub in Section 107 for the Colorado game on Sept 8th. Bringing my 2 sons ages 23 & 19. Gonna fulfill my dream and bucket list and theirs as they are as big of fan as I am. I would never have done this under past regimes last stem back to 2002 .... Thankfully my sons and I believe this program hired the right person finally and we will not miss it. Cannot wait to tailgate wearing Husker Red and gonna land on Wednesday just so we can tour the stadium and take it all in. GBR!!!

So i have been a Husker fan since i was a young kid. Moved from Omaha at age 5 to Phoenix AZ back in 1968. I remember the game of the century watching it with my family back in 1971. As I grew older and went to Arizona State University I never lost my love for Husker Football, I have watched them play 7 times in person in ASU, Fiesta Bowls, at UCLA and USC and even Texas. Finally at age 55 I purchased ticket thru StubHub in Section 107 for the Colorado game on Sept 8th. Bringing my 2 sons ages 23 & 19. Gonna fulfill my dream and bucket list and theirs as they are as big of fan as I am. I would never have done this under past regimes last stem back to 2002 .... Thankfully my sons and I believe this program hired the right person finally and we will not miss it. Cannot wait to tailgate wearing Husker Red and gonna land on Wednesday just so we can tour the stadium and take it all in. GBR!!!
I have a similar story. I've been a fan since about 1967. I was finally able to get season tickets a few years back when they were doing the west stadium expansion, I believe it was. Living in Chicagoland, I would pick 1 game a year and my buddy & I would make the 8 hour trek to Lincoln. (Never had any problem selling the rest of the tickets for cost). Anyway, I'll never forget the first time I made that climb up the south endzone stairs, by student section, and coming out the entrance to see the field for the first time. Got goose bumps and even brought a tear to my eye. Definitely one of those bucket list moments. Congrats and enjoy the game!

Oh, and 3 years ago we moved to Phoenix, (Ahwatukee). My first year here, I went to one of the "Huskers In Arizona" gatherings and got a picture with Charlie McBride. His grandson won a Chili cookoff that day!

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHusker11
I have a similar story. I've been a fan since about 1967. I was finally able to get season tickets a few years back when they were doing the west stadium expansion, I believe it was. Living in Chicagoland, I would pick 1 game a year and my buddy & I would make the 8 hour trek to Lincoln. (Never had any problem selling the rest of the tickets for cost). Anyway, I'll never forget the first time I made that climb up the south endzone stairs, by student section, and coming out the entrance to see the field for the first time. Got goose bumps and even brought a tear to my eye. Definitely one of those bucket list moments. Congrats and enjoy the game!

Oh, and 3 years ago we moved to Phoenix, (Ahwatukee). My first year here, I went to one of the "Huskers In Arizona" gatherings and got a picture with Charlie McBride. His grandson won a Chili cookoff that day!

Funny I met Charlie McBride at a Nebraska Bar in Scottsdale Az about 8 years ago.... Sat 2 seats away and met him thru a buddy of mine that knew him,

Been a fan since 1970 and therefore a hardcore fan since the age of 9. Have since raised a son and daughter who have developed the same passion I have had over the years. Living in texas that has not been an easy task especially being married to one of THEM. this year we hold season tickets and will drive from waco to lincoln at least 4 times. It's an awesome thing to share with them and I look forward to every second of the time spent with them...GBR

Have fun on your trip! I am sure it will be something your kids will never forget. Should be a great atmosphere.

I have lived on the East coast since 1989. But I always come to Lincoln for one game a year, usually early while the weather is still good. This year, however, I won't be making it to Lincoln until the Michigan State game. GBR

I will think we take for granted the husker experience. Through all of the misery the last few years, that's the one experience that has remained a constant. I took my 7 year daughter to her first game last year. The beauty of the experience, was she pointed out things that made the experience what is was and is. It's not just about the players. She's hooked.

Enjoy your first game. Take a ton of pictures because it's easy to get caught up in the moment. You only get one first trip to the husker experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT