ADVERTISEMENT

multiple cars stolen from Denver Broncos training facility

thall__

Junior
Nov 17, 2022
has denver turned into a shit-hole? what are the chances that every city in the AFC West are unihabitable messes?

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Colorado is my favorite state. But Denver has turned into a total shithole. And when I go there? I sleep in the mountains in the bed of my truck so I don't have to deal with those people any more than necessary

I like living in the Denver metro, but it is one of the worst areas in the country for car theft. Really soared during COVID and hasn't gotten a whole lot better since then.
my wife's car was stolen in '21 while living in the Denver metro.

it was recovered (totaled), and talking with the Sheriff's deputy in the impound lot was pretty staggering. basically said the phone never stops ringing to report auto theft.

my wife's car was stolen in '21 while living in the Denver metro.

it was recovered (totaled), and talking with the Sheriff's deputy in the impound lot was pretty staggering. basically said the phone never stops ringing to report auto theft.
Yeah I don't see it getting much better unless law enforcement makes an effort to break up the car theft rings. They act like a bunch of 16 to 20 year-olds are just out boosting cars for the sport of it, and couldn't possibly be delivering them to chop shops.

My son's old Honda Accord was stolen from in front of our house in Golden this past summer - stolen solely so they could take it somewhere to get underneath to steal the catalytic converter. Police wouldn't even come to the house. Car theft is a class 3 felony in Colorado, but in Denver you're more likely to get interaction with the police department beating your head against the wall trying to dispute the photo radar/red light tickets they love to give out, or getting pulled over for going 30 in a 25, while the felons keep stealing cars.

I am a claim adjuster for a high risk company. If we insure you, you earned it and please stay the hell away from me.

I deal with car thefts daily. Denver car thefts make up a huge part of my week...and because most car thefts occur from the home...and we insure societies finest...and where do these losers live? Many times in poor areas....the stories I could tell here are fantastic. Rarely a dull day.

My son's old Honda Accord was stolen from in front of our house in Golden this past summer - stolen solely so they could take it somewhere to get underneath to steal the catalytic converter. Police wouldn't even come to the house. Car theft is a class 3 felony in Colorado, but in Denver you're more likely to get interaction with the police department beating your head against the wall trying to dispute the photo radar/red light tickets they love to give out, or getting pulled over for going 30 in a 25, while the felons keep stealing cars.
Meanwhile the Denver Police Department sends 20-year-old cadets into bars to order a drink, then shuts the place down if they fail to ask for ID. Or they send undercover teams into strip clubs to see if one of them gets offered a tuggy by a dancer. This is DPD's idea of cracking down on crime.

I deal with car thefts daily. Denver car thefts make up a huge part of my week...and because most car thefts occur from the home...and we insure societies finest...and where do these losers live? Many times in poor areas....the stories I could tell here are fantastic. Rarely a dull day.
Yeah but your car doesn't have to be in a poor area to get stolen. I'm amazed at how many people still park outside overnight because their garage is filled with other stuff.

Here’s my theory..
230515105717-migrants-mexico-title-42-file-051223.jpg

Colorado is my favorite state. But Denver has turned into a total shithole. And when I go there? I sleep in the mountains in the bed of my truck so I don't have to deal with those people any more than necessary.
You might like Denver more if you got out of the pickup truck bed and sprung for a classy room at Motel 6. They even have indoor shitters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: V-Doub
10 years ago I was really drunk waiting in a vehicle for my friends to get down to the bars in Kearney, some guy pulls up In a car next to me and gets out looks around and puts his keys in his gas cap then goes into the bar, so I thought it would be a great prank to park this guys car around the block and put the keys back in the gas cap completely unharmed, so I got in his car and did as I planned, but I didn’t plan to have to wait at a red light with a cop behind me…my fear factor was as high as it ever had been waiting for that green light. I often think about that poor bastard who couldn’t find his car after closing time!

Meanwhile the Denver Police Department sends 20-year-old cadets into bars to order a drink, then shuts the place down if they fail to ask for ID. Or they send undercover teams into strip clubs to see if one of them gets offered a tuggy by a dancer. This is DPD's idea of cracking down on crime.
Do they still have those white vans that give out speeding tickets ? So lame

Reactions: king_kong_
denver is cracking down on car thieves, instead of being whipped with a hot hershey bar...it's a hershey bar with almonds

has denver turned into a shit-hole? what are the chances that every city in the AFC West are unihabitable messes?

A lot of discussion here about auto theft around the Denver Metro, and I found the story interesting.

But there is another issue here that I suspect was a bigger problem. NFL franchises, despite all their wealth and insane profit margins, have a reputation for housing players in cheap extended stay hotels during mini camps or training camps.

I'm going to bet these cars were parked outside a property where half the clientel was on the phone with friends and relatives discussing the cars as soon as they pulled up.

Broncos ownership will never admit any fault here, but I bet if these dudes were staying at a Marriott this story wouldn't exist.

I know of a used car lot owner in Denver who was awakened by his silent alarm that his office was busted into in the middke of the nite...he gets in his car and starts to go there, calls police on the way, they arrive at about same time, see the perps getting ready to steal a few cars, owner wants to stop them, police said don't....and the thiefs literally drove several cars off the lot and drove right by the cops and waived at them while they drove away.

...so color me curious about their new legislation to crack down on this shit. Because to me it looks like window dressing by politicians to make it look like their doing something, when in fact they don't enforce the laws they currently have anyway.

I know of a used car lot owner in Denver who was awakened by his silent alarm that his office was busted into in the middke of the nite...he gets in his car and starts to go there, calls police on the way, they arrive at about same time, see the perps getting ready to steal a few cars, owner wants to stop them, police said don't....and the thiefs literally drove several cars off the lot and drove right by the cops and waived at them while they drove away.

...so color me curious about their new legislation to crack down on this shit. Because to me it looks like window dressing by politicians to make it look like their doing something, when in fact they don't enforce the laws they currently have anyway.
When catalytic converter thefts were at their absolute height (still bad, but they've eased some), one of the Denver TV stations did a series of segments on the issue and found that not a single person in the city had been arrested. DPD spokesperson basically muttered something about COVID this and COVID that, and severe understaffing. And while I'm sure they are understaffed, that doesn't really explain away a 0.0% arrest rate.

Yeah but your car doesn't have to be in a poor area to get stolen. I'm amazed at how many people still park outside overnight because their garage is filled with other stuff.

Do they still have those white vans that give out speeding tickets ? So lame
They do, but they aren't as bad as the photo red light tickets. Those give you a ticket if any part of your vehicle is still in the intersection when the light turns red. They also give you a ticket if you stop at the light but impede on the white line before the cross walk - I've gotten tickets for both. They make it such a PIA to dispute them, its easier just to pay and be mad, until someone steals your car or you get hit by someone without insurance and gives you something more significant to be pissed at.

They do, but they aren't as bad as the photo red light tickets. Those give you a ticket if any part of your vehicle is still in the intersection when the light turns red. They also give you a ticket if you stop at the light but impede on the white line before the cross walk - I've gotten tickets for both. They make it such a PIA to dispute them, its easier just to pay and be mad, until someone steals your car or you get hit by someone without insurance and gives you something more significant to be pissed at.
My favorite speeding ticket phenomenon takes place on the first really nice day in the spring. We go all winter trying to dodge a handful of asshats who drive 90 mph on crowded freeways, jumping from lane to lane like they are in a NASCAR event. Never a patrol car in sight, except maybe for one camped in the HOV lane, waiting to ticket some unlucky bastard for going 63 in the 55 zone.

Then on that first beautiful spring day, every Harley enthusiast on the force checks out a police motorcycle and they are all over the place issuing tickets. This lasts until the novelty wears off, then it's right back to a free-for-all.

You used to be able to ignore the photo radar speeding tickets and red light camera tickets here in Denver unless they were personally served or came via certified mail, which they never were. My wife drives like a maniac, so we got a bunch of them via regular mail and I never paid any of them. Now, they are deemed served if they are sent out via first class mail. So, no more scofflaw for me I guess.

• Sad
Reactions: king_kong_
My favorite speeding ticket phenomenon takes place on the first really nice day in the spring. We go all winter trying to dodge a handful of asshats who drive 90 mph on crowded freeways, jumping from lane to lane like they are in a NASCAR event. Never a patrol car in sight, except maybe for one camped in the HOV lane, waiting to ticket some unlucky bastard for going 63 in the 55 zone.

Then on that first beautiful spring day, every Harley enthusiast on the force checks out a police motorcycle and they are all over the place issuing tickets. This lasts until the novelty wears off, then it's right back to a free-for-all.
The only thing funny about this is how true it is. The police in Denver proper will eventually find a way to extract money from you no matter how conservative or law-abiding driver you are. Its somewhat better in the suburbs.

Biden spent the night in downtown Denver a few months ago, and they had a multiblock barricade around the hotel with police everywhere. Meanwhile, there is a dirt bike/ATV gang blasting up and down the streets downtown doing wheelies and running lights and the police just watched - I was stunned.

Are they mostly stealing older models? Like 2000-2012ish models? Or do they have a way of disabling the tracking capabilities of newer cars? Sorry, I guess I’m fairly naive to the car theft world, but my vehicle is a 2022 and I can track my vehicle with phone at all times, plus the vehicle has no keyhole. It’s a push button start like most late model vehicles. But literally has no option to use a key, if the battery in my key faub(sp?) dies there’s a “secret” way to start the car, but you have to possess the dead key faub. Nevertheless, seems like my vehicle would be very difficult to steal. But I probably just don’t know shit about jacking cars…

Reactions: solarpanels
Are they mostly stealing older models? Like 2000-2012ish models? Or do they have a way of disabling the tracking capabilities of newer cars? Sorry, I guess I’m fairly naive to the car theft world, but my vehicle is a 2022 and I can track my vehicle with phone at all times, plus the vehicle has no keyhole. It’s a push button start like most late model vehicles. But literally has no option to use a key, if the battery in my key faub(sp?) dies there’s a “secret” way to start the car, but you have to possess the dead key faub. Nevertheless, seems like my vehicle would be very difficult to steal. But I probably just don’t know shit about jacking cars…
I think newer cars are definitely harder to steal, but it varies by model. Apparently some late-model Hyundais and Kias are on the easier side, so they are popular targets. And even if your Hyundai isn't one that's easy to steal, a thief might trash it making that determination. I owned a Hyundai for a long time and it was a great vehicle, but I would be reluctant to buy one now, until they shed this reputation.

I also believe some of these theft rings manage to get vehicles to a chop shop without ever starting them. They are pretty sophisticated.

Last edited:
Reactions: V-Doub
Bunch of Lib cvnts from California now infect Denver.

Can’t wait to leave this fvcking Lib shit fvcktard state (CA, not CO)
If a new neighbor moves in and says they are a lib from CA, punch their face in
Is this you if I encountered you in person or just you behind a keyboard?🤣

P.S. You better run and hide if I encounter you in person. I am baaaad!

Dumb question, but how do modern cars get stolen so easily? I find it hard to believe they don't have better security than the old days of "crossing the wires". Are people leaving their keys in the car, so all you'd have to do is break the window?

In the case of the Broncos situation, it sounds like an inside job with hotel staff and vallets.

I’ll throw this interesting nugget in here for you all. My brothers car got stolen in front of my business, broad daylight, by a woman… Caught the whole thing on HD camera but of course the police still couldn’t do anything. They found it totaled in CO Springs like a month later.

• Angry
Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT