ADVERTISEMENT

MSU set to offer Tucker 10 yrs - $95 million

if Lincoln leaves for LSU right before OU moves to the SEC I will laugh my ass off forever.

as a Husker living in Okie land, OU fans have no concept of what its like to not have perpetually great football fortune and it'd be hilarious to see.
The smart LSU play is Aranda.

Reactions: headcard
Tucker could be a 1 year wonder, but I doubt it, he has a lot of quality wins this year and his teams don't make stupid asinine mistakes. Frost was literally a 1 game wonder.
And yet they should have lost to a team that you think is lower than horse sh**

Reactions: headcard
And yet they should have lost to a team that you think is lower than horse sh**
They didn't lose, and weren't suppose to becuase they didn't. MSU has a solid coaching staff and a good RB, Nebraska has better players this year, but a shit show coaching staff. They also beat Michigan who you would say they weren't suppose to but did. If you win, then you were suppose too.

Nebraska fans now live in an alternative reality where they go by should haves and moral victories.

With that siad, I think MSU loses to Penn St. and Ohio St. to finish.

Aren't they still paying out millions from the Larry Nassar abuse suits? Like hundreds of millions? Seems hard to believe they can pony up cash to match anyone right now.

Pretty sure our fan base would be pissed if the roles were reversed. That's a lot of coin to invest after one year. It's not like he won them the National Title.
Who do you think is investing? Its one guy who's a multi billionaire MSU booster (Matt Ishbia) and possibly Dan Gilbert (Quicken Loans billionaire now Rocket Mortgage or whatever).

5 years from now, if Tucker hasnt delivered, they'll buy him out and move on, like all big boy programs do.

The cost of MSU letting him walk would be higher than the cost of paying him.

Reactions: dmaw
According to the article that the OP linked, some very wealthy boosters are chipping in.
This. MSU has Matt Ishbia and Dan Gilbert as multi billionaire boosters.

Ishbia is a former MSU athlete and when his company recently went public (United Wholesale Mortgage) he became a multi billionaire.

He's convinced Tucker is a good coach that can recruit well and has a good eye for talent.

This. MSU has Matt Ishbia and Dan Gilbert as multi billionaire boosters.

Ishbia is a former MSU athlete and when his company recently went public (United Wholesale Mortgage) he became a multi billionaire.

He's convinced Tucker is a good coach that can recruit well and has a good eye for talent.
Great, who cares?

Looks like MSU still is flush with cash after paying off all the lawsuits from they pedophiles the harbored…
FVCK them

I'm pretty confident we would be losing our collective minds and ready to erect statues if we were anywhere near playoff talk with a 2nd year coach.

If Frost had achieved that after the hype his hiring had, you are right. I still think Nebraska fans wouldn't be able to handle that much cash being paid to a coach. But statues would be in discussion for sure..

FVCK them

Time will tell, but they may have done that to themselves.
They are stuck with Tucker for 10 years and not because of the contract. This portal magic is a double-edged sword. Team unity will erode if recruits who were made promises find out they can lose their position in a capricious manner to a mercenary.
SF is a fan of transfers ... still waiting for the magic.

If you are a Sooner fan, won't it be fun to move to SEC and play against your former coach who kept your program winning and now has elite talent in his new schools state. That would drive Husker fans nuts.
Nah. I don’t care if he goes to lsu one bit

Yes I know what you meant

I would have waited another year or two, but other school with big pockets are looking now. He could just be a flavor of the month.

Time will tell, but they may have done that to themselves.
They are stuck with Tucker for 10 years and not because of the contract. This portal magic is a double-edged sword. Team unity will erode if recruits who were made promises find out they can lose their position in a capricious manner to a mercenary.
SF is a fan of transfers ... still waiting for the magic.
Except MSU’s heavy use of the transfer portal was out of necessity, not a recruiting strategy. They were so devoid of talent (and still are defensively) that they had to run a ton of kids off and hit the portal to field a competitive squad.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
100 million - 10 million = 90 million. nothing to worry about. if he craps out try again. future revenues likely to go up. it's like house prices, land prices, car prices. i've been waiting for 50 years for them to go down where i think they should be.

Mel Tucker isn't winning in Conference USA or the AAC.... he is winning in the B1G Ten East!
Probably the first or 2nd hardest division (SEC West) in all of College Football year in and year out!

Take this in account. He was hired in February 2020 after recruiting for that year (horrible class Dantoni had) and right before "Pandemic" hit. He had like 2 spring practices then had to shut it down til like October thanks to our idiot commissioner. What he has done so far is phenomenal.

Let me tell you who shaking in there boots right now.....MICHIGAN! Their coach is on a weak contract and recruits know this. Once he pulls a couple players that would normally commit to UM and combine that with his recruiting pipeline in Georgia......it's a WRAP for Harbaugh! He beat them with a team with much lesser talent and experience together.

Reactions: huntered
that they had to run a ton of kids off and hit the portal to field a competitive squad.

You sound like you have inside knowledge. If your statement is true, then Tucker will have to be a darn good coach to maintain team chemistry.

He was 2-3 at Jacksonville
5-7 Colorado
2-5 last year
And now 9-1

As I said earlier, time will tell.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Mel Tucker isn't winning in Conference USA or the AAC.... he is winning in the B1G Ten East!
Probably the first or 2nd hardest division (SEC West) in all of College Football year in and year out!

Take this in account. He was hired in February 2020 after recruiting for that year (horrible class Dantoni had) and right before "Pandemic" hit. He had like 2 spring practices then had to shut it down til like October thanks to our idiot commissioner. What he has done so far is phenomenal.

Let me tell you who shaking in there boots right now.....MICHIGAN! Their coach is on a weak contract and recruits know this. Once he pulls a couple players that would normally commit to UM and combine that with his recruiting pipeline in Georgia......it's a WRAP for Harbaugh! He beat them with a team with much lesser talent and experience together.
It is like Michigan signed a deal with the devil to get Jim H...but the devil made sure he would not win certain games each year.

The big ten east and his one good win is Michigan. I fully expect msu to get smoked by osu. They don't have the offense to keep up.

Reactions: SuperBigFan
The big ten east and his one good win is Michigan. I fully expect msu to get smoked by osu. They don't have the offense to keep up.
I feel like they finish out with 3 straight losses and then a loss in a bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT