ADVERTISEMENT

MSU-Bama

Michigan State has some problems. Just like we had the perfect storms of bad endings, they had the perfect storm of winning close games. They won some close games against bad teams (i.e. Purdue), they won some against good teams they should have lost (MU and OSU because of their stupidity), and they showed their true colors against us. This has to be one of their worst teams over the last four or so years. Our win was still a nice win but this MSU team is on the way down.

Michigan State has some problems. Just like we had the perfect storms of bad endings, they had the perfect storm of winning close games. They won some close games against bad teams (i.e. Purdue), they won some against good teams they should have lost (MU and OSU because of their stupidity), and they showed their true colors against us. This has to be one of their worst teams over the last four or so years. Our win was still a nice win but this MSU team is on the way down.

But still B1G champs!

By now what do you all think of the quarters defense? Say what you want but Lane Kiffen knew exactly what he wanted to do and stuck with it. Yea, Sparty stuffed the run well but they have the D to give you a bit more patience on O. Bamaattacked outside and deep, the weak areas for us all year. I for one a not sold on the quarters D. Yea, any D can be good given the right kids but wow does this D need lots of quality LB and DB play.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Bama is getting a ton of pressure without sending more than 4 most of the time. So Sparty's receivers are blanketed most of the time. If not, they are dropping the ball when they are open.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1451621379635.jpg

By now what do you all think of the quarters defense? Say what you want but Lane Kiffen knew exactly what he wanted to do and stuck with it. Yea, Sparty stuffed the run well but they have the D to give you a bit more patience on O. Bamaattacked outside and deep, the weak areas for us all year. I for one a not sold on the quarters D. Yea, any D can be good given the right kids but wow does this D need lots of quality LB and DB play.
What would you play in the B1G?

But still B1G champs!
B1G was solid throughout this year but not real strong at the top. It allowed a team like Michigan State to win the title and a team like Iowa to go undefeated until the title. I think this bodes well for us next year.

Frankly, if Tommy only makes half of the stupid decisions he made this year, he is the best qb in the Big 10.

B1G was solid throughout this year but not real strong at the top. It allowed a team like Michigan State to win the title and a team like Iowa to go undefeated until the title. I think this bodes well for us next year.

Frankly, if Tommy only makes half of the stupid decisions he made this year, he is the best qb in the Big 10.

If Tommy made half the stupid decisions he made this year, his name wouldn't be Tommy.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

State of Iowa is laughing at you.....I'd rather have a QB like Beathard that plays smart and doesn't beat himself with trying to make the big play every down like TA. If we had a QB like Beathard we might be playing in the New Years 6 this year.

Reactions: Hawks!!!

Good preacher always ripping our players.

Every D has its weaknesses, but it takes great players to cover up those weaknesses, but the script to beat this particular MSU team has been out for awhile now. Pelini's defense was susceptible to the run without a terror on the line like Suh. Quarter's defense is susceptible to the pass if the D-line can't get home or the DB's can't make a play on the ball. There is no perfect defense from schematic stand point. You should also be well aware that it is easier to get quality LB and DB talent than it is D-line talent. Nonetheless, Bama won that game not because what they did to the quarters defense of Michigan state, but because Bama's D-line dominated Michigan State's O-line the entire game with only 4 rushing. That just put way to much pressure on MSU's D to be perfect and you can't win if you don't score anyways.

This is over. Sparty can't run, and Cook doesn't have time to throw effectively enough to sustain a drive, especially when Bama k knows he has to throw.

This is why I was hoping Osborne and Alvarez would hopefully influence the committee to keep Sparty at 4. Of course after tonight, I'm not so sure Sparty beats them.

The had to move OU to 4 so that they wouldn't have a quasi-home game in Dallas.

It has nothing to do with how good they thought the teams actually were.

MSU would have gotten their asses kicked, anyways. There is just a huge gulf after the Top 2 teams this year.

Last edited:
Wait.....half of a lot is a few?
No...you go ahead and rip Tommy. He made a handful of crucial stupid decisions but you are ripping him by saying a lot.

Langsdorf...that guy made a lot of stupid decisions.

Last edited:
No...you go ahead and rip Tommy. He made a handful of crucial stupid decisions but you are ripping him by saying a lot.

A handful of stupid decisions? His career is DEFINED so far by stupid decisions. Best thing Tommy did in the bowl was take that 14 yard sack. He had already run backwards with his back to the field of play which is usually the start of a horrible INT progression for him. When he took the loss instead of throwing up a ball to a double covered WR, I was actually surprised and impressed.

Let's see.....a handful is 5, so you are saying if Tommy made 2 or 3 less stupid decisions he would be the best QB in the conf?

He is more than 2 or 3 mistakes from that status.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT