ADVERTISEMENT

Most improved positions 2023

Maybe the RBs. Same cast of characters. But another year under their belt, a scheme that actually wants to run and use the QB in the run game and the possibility of better o-line play.

Using the QB in the run game alone will improve RB production.

Reactions: The Long Black Veil
I think a lot of our players especially on both sides of the line have gotten older and maybe have become more mature. I think with the new staff and guidance we may start to see these very important areas of the team start to be what we thought they could be or at least I hope so. jmo

Reactions: bshirt73
I really think the OL and DL will be the most improved and if they are we are going to see this team win a lot of games.
I’ll go Oline since there will be more eyes on that position, having Matty Rhule and some assistants with experience coaching Oline. The other offensive positions will improve with better blocking.

I don't know how much improved it will be or not, but I'm curious about the playcalling this year. Want to get a feel for what it is we are doing on both sides of the ball. Defensively, we might see some crazy fronts and other stuff? That will be interesting I think.

If both TE's are healthy then they are the answer by a huge margin. Two future NFL starters if they can figure their issues out.

But honestly it would be more difficult to find the position that ends up worse than last year. Though I expect it's probably Dline just on scheme alone.

It must be the OL and by a big margin. I hope they never stopped training since 11/27. Unfortunately, that probably didn't happen.
Show us you can put in all that extra work without puking. Or not.

Most improved position, Head Coach.

Look how much better the Defense played when the D Coordinator was changed last year.

Special Teams Coach:

Special teams over all better be improved. Specifically the punt return unit.

The loss of field position cost by this group played a significant role in the losses last year .

Look at any great football team and you have to have solid special teams play . Never returning a ball when receiving the ball is a killer. Frost never valued this opportunity, yet think of the weapon N had when he played . Bobby Newcombe speed speed speed .

Osborne always had a speedster ready to scare the daylights out of the punt coverage team.

I really think the OL and DL will be the most improved and if they are we are going to see this team win a lot of games.
So who are the all-conference, future NFL guys on our roster? Coaching is all fine and dandy but the only teams that win are those who have talent and execution, aka, guys who are going to make a living playing football. If you are merely saying that those units were terrible last year and can only get better...then I agree.

So who are the all-conference, future NFL guys on our roster? Coaching is all fine and dandy but the only teams that win are those who have talent and execution, aka, guys who are going to make a living playing football. If you are merely saying that those units were terrible last year and can only get better...then I agree.
okay

We didn't lose to Northwestern, Georgia Southern, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin because they were loaded with superior talent. Our talent will be improving, but even going 50/50 on those six games with competent coaching would have had us in a bowl. It ain't that difficult, Frost just made it look that way.

We didn't lose to Northwestern, Georgia Southern, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin because they were loaded with superior talent. Our talent will be improving, but even going 50/50 on those six games with competent coaching would have had us in a bowl. It ain't that difficult, Frost just made it look that way.
100%.

What the hell man, are you an acrobat?
jack-lalanne-240-5131fb8c2db044848949c21307e6ad03.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
Linebacker & Waterboy. There is a special player named Bobby Boucher from the Louisiana Bayou who is a little rough around the edges, but has the potential to lead the team in sacks next year.

A couple of those games were get one stop or get one first down away from being Ws. NU found a way to fail most of the time in this regard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT