ADVERTISEMENT

Most impressed with....

zzt

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2001
Omaha
Closing speed of the back 7 on D. LB's, corners, and safeties crashed hard and quick to the ball.
Coaches handling of Armstrong...looks pretty obvious they won't put him in position to lose games for us
Dzuris good game, even Natter looked decent
Good stable of RB's, Newby looked better, Ozigbo good, Tre Byrant real deal, Wilbon--needs more PT

Ozigbo, Tre Bryant, K Williams by far the best upside of this game. These guys could do great things here. The D for not giving up on the game.

I wouldn't say Armstrong looked good, he just didn't look horrible. Can see the coaches realize his weakness this year. Their solution, get the ball out of Armstrongs hands asap. Problem is if we want to win the big games, against good teams. He has to be able to throw or these teams will just load the box and stop the run.

The D looked slugish and slow, always just a step behind. Still having issues getting stops on big 3rd down and longs. Still have issues putting consistent pressure on qb. Still have issues with penalties. Still have issues with coaches insisting on calling pass plays on 3rd and short.

I will take this win any day don't get me wrong. The score made this game look much better than it actually was. Thankfully we were playing against a horrible team any other team on our schedule we probably lose last night. This team has a TON of things to fix if we don't want another year like last year. Oregon will be a good test to see how bad or good this team actually is. I know I know I turned this positive post negative. lol Too many years of watching crappy Neb football. Sorry

Ozigbo, Tre Bryant, K Williams by far the best upside of this game. These guys could do great things here. The D for not giving up on the game.

I wouldn't say Armstrong looked good, he just didn't look horrible. Can see the coaches realize his weakness this year. Their solution, get the ball out of Armstrongs hands asap. Problem is if we want to win the big games, against good teams. He has to be able to throw or these teams will just load the box and stop the run.

The D looked slugish and slow, always just a step behind. Still having issues getting stops on big 3rd down and longs. Still have issues putting consistent pressure on qb. Still have issues with penalties. Still have issues with coaches insisting on calling pass plays on 3rd and short.

I will take this win any day don't get me wrong. The score made this game look much better than it actually was. Thankfully we were playing against a horrible team any other team on our schedule we probably lose last night. This team has a TON of things to fix if we don't want another year like last year. Oregon will be a good test to see how bad or good this team actually is. I know I know I turned this positive post negative. lol Too many years of watching crappy Neb football. Sorry
The d looked sluggish and slow? No. They were on top of the ball, I saw nothing of the sort.

Special teams was sluggish, the pass rush is still poor without a blitz, but we would not play that exact game plan against most teams, so to say we'd lose to anyone else is asinine.

The team won by 33 on opening day. We're fine, just need to fine tune a ton.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

You did have your pitchfork out last night.

Reactions: jeans15
Closing speed of the back 7 on D. LB's, corners, and safeties crashed hard and quick to the ball.
Coaches handling of Armstrong...looks pretty obvious they won't put him in position to lose games for us
Good stable of RB's, Newby looked better, Ozigbo good, Tre Byrant real deal, Wilbon--needs more PT
Good eye sir; especially noticed Natter showing up and with hustle. Back seven was quickly switching from first game speed adaptation to aggressiveness. GBR

You mean like a Tennessee ? Or a highly respected team on our schedule like Northwestern ( without all the Ca athletes )?
I get where your comments come from. Now others said some great things about the back seven. My post agreed with them; but thought they were game speed adjusting early, and then got very good. I think coach Riley gave a very good critique in the interviews - not happy about some things; WH doing a great job ( I know auto-return not possible from some).

I was most impressed with the coaching staff. I love the direction the program and there firm commitment too running the ball. It's the first time in 13 years the offense is getting an identity.

I would agree with regards to the back 4. Our DBs are athletes. Our LBs are still non-existent. That is a huge problem.

Reactions: StrongArm517
Ozigbo seems like he has the speed and cuts cross didn't, and the power newby doesn't.
if they can hand off to him fast without telegraphing it to the defense, I think he could shread a defense.
and all the good stuff that goes with that like keeping our d off the field, moving chains, controlling the clock, keeping the qb healthy, wearing down their d, and setting up the passing.

Reactions: newAD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT