ADVERTISEMENT

Most Embarassing Loss

wxman39

Walk On
Sep 18, 2007
This loss has to rank near the top. The regression, in this team, since the end of last season is remarkable. I thought they would go 7-5 this year but going 4-8 again is just ridiculous. Martinez hasn't been right since Day 1 and I have no idea what has happened to Barry. Last years team, at the end of the season, would completely destroy this years team.

This loss has to rank near the top. The regression, in this team, since the end of last season is remarkable. I thought they would go 7-5 this year but going 4-8 again is just ridiculous. Martinez hasn't been right since Day 1 and I have no idea what has happened to Barry. Last years team, at the end of the season, would completely destroy this years team.
I seen a couple plays where barry got to the qb and tackled him, which was fine...except instead of tackling him he should have jump up in the qb's face to prevent him from throwing the ball.....rb's = tackle.... qb's get in their face, then tackle...

I seen a couple plays where barry got to the qb and tackled him, which was fine...except instead of tackling him he should have jump up in the qb's face to prevent him from throwing the ball.....rb's = tackle.... qb's get in their face, then tackle...
saw

It seems each week if you asked me before the game I would have said the prior shit show game. Then the current game happens. Pathetic.

How does this topic come up seemingly every week?
4266c634657917c478869b4ad421c378b91162ac16d15aaa901621f201692a7d.jpg

Almost every game since we hired Scott Frost has been more and more of an embarrassment especially this year.

This to me is probably the most embarrassing loss I have ever seen Nebraska suffer. For the following reasons:

1. It was completely avoidable by playing a different QB.
2. The BIG TEN refs were taking an incredible amount of pity on us. Something they almost never do. They were throwing flag after flag on things they never call for us. Bailing our QB out time and time again. Like a parent helping a small child ride a bike. It was disgusting to see us falter despite this.
3. This was a 2-6 Purdue team with all their best players on the sideline. At the end, their walk-on third string QB comes in and wins them the game with an 80 yard drive where he completed every pass.

Can a loss really be that embarrassing if it was almost expected? Embarrassing losses generally occur when you get beat by a team that has no reason beating you. NU has fallen to the point that there is no such thing as an embarrassing loss anymore.

Reactions: Fed-Up and rednwash
This to me is probably the most embarrassing loss I have ever seen Nebraska suffer. For the following reasons:

1. It was completely avoidable by playing a different QB.
2. The BIG TEN refs were taking an incredible amount of pity on us. Something they almost never do. They were throwing flag after flag on things they never call for us. Bailing our QB out time and time again. Like a parent helping a small child ride a bike. It was disgusting to see us falter despite this.
3. This was a 2-6 Purdue team with all their best players on the sideline. At the end, their walk-on third string QB comes in and wins them the game with an 80 yard drive where he completed every pass.
And their whole team is true freshman, or red shirt freshman. I heard post game that Purdue's last 17 touchdowns have been scored by a Freshman.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Can a loss really be that embarrassing if it was almost expected? Embarrassing losses generally occur when you get beat by a team that has no reason beating you. NU has fallen to the point that there is no such thing as an embarrassing loss anymore.

When the refs are actively trying to help your offense, it elevates things to a new level of embarrassment.

Nebraska football will never relive the glory years. It’s an above average program ... That’s it.

Ever? Not even close. We are a bad program right now and we lost to another bad team.

Iowa State 1992
Iowa State 2009
Texas Tech 2004
Wisconsin 2012 (BIG Championship)
Kansas 2007
Iowa 2017
I could go on, but I'm getting depressed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT