ADVERTISEMENT

Mosai Newsom is N

Film is solid. Reminds me a bit of the kid we got at ILB where there's not a bunch of plays that blow your mind, but there he is just disrupting things and making TFLs over and over. Just finding ways to get it done.

You can see his instincts are good. He sheds in a variety of ways, gets up to block passes when the ball is coming out, pretty good eye discipline to diagnose the play. A little high on his pad level at times but that's super common for a HS Jr.

Interested to see how his senior film looks. Right now he looks like a kid with a really solid set of fundamentals who will need a couple years to develop to where he can hold the end against D-1 OL. They've got him playing both ways which probably explains why he looks a little sluggish on some of the highlights.

giphy.gif

Reactions: bigredhunter
He isn't a Davis twin at the discus, but has thrown 160 feet and placed 7th at the Iowa State Meet last season.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Nice to steal one away from their home state after the Pelini miscues in the past...

Welcome to the Sea of Red!

Reactions: huskerfan66
Film is solid. Reminds me a bit of the kid we got at ILB where there's not a bunch of plays that blow your mind, but there he is just disrupting things and making TFLs over and over. Just finding ways to get it done.

You can see his instincts are good. He sheds in a variety of ways, gets up to block passes when the ball is coming out, pretty good eye discipline to diagnose the play. A little high on his pad level at times but that's super common for a HS Jr.

Interested to see how his senior film looks. Right now he looks like a kid with a really solid set of fundamentals who will need a couple years to develop to where he can hold the end against D-1 OL. They've got him playing both ways which probably explains why he looks a little sluggish on some of the highlights.

He looks good, but the level of competition he's playing against looks very weak. I'd like to see how he looks going against guys his own size.

I was hoping we would land Ty Robinson at the DE position, it seemed like he was going to commit after the Spring Game but it's been very quiet ever since.

Reactions: TheBeav815
He looks good, but the level of competition he's playing against looks very weak. I'd like to see how he looks going against guys his own size.

I was hoping we would land Ty Robinson at the DE position, it seemed like he was going to commit after the Spring Game but it's been very quiet ever since.
Yeah, there are some garbage efforts from the OL he's going against on that tape, but once you dial in on him, you start to see the variety of techniques and ways he defeats blocks and gets the tackle. You're talking about a 16/17 year old kid in his junior season. We'll see what he puts on tape this year after another 12 months to hit the weights.

I’ll definitely take him. One of the top 5 players in Iowa and definitely has the size and skill set to be a good one on the Dline or even a OLB, maybe?!?!

Good pick up by Nebraska. Word is that while Iowa offered he didn't show much mutual interest so Iowa moved on to other targets. Iowa apparently hadn't even contacted him for several weeks.

Henrich on the other hand....screw you guys lol

I think it is a good pick up for you guys. I have seen his tape and looks like he might be a good player after a couple of years of seasoning...similar to Ott from Neb.

Dont think Iowa was recruiting him anymore as they moved on to Hunt and Fox.

Would have loved to have Heinrich though...he will be a stud for you.

Good to get one from them. They've been taking guys out of our backyard that our coaches didn't think were up to the task and turning them into valuable players. Frost has shown he isn't going to allow that to happen anymore.

My question is when is JUCO All American Tony Fair going to get bumped up to his 3 or 4 star rating that he should have? And Matthew Anderson should have at least 2 stars based on athleticism alone.

Good to get one from them. They've been taking guys out of our backyard that our coaches didn't think were up to the task and turning them into valuable players. Frost has shown he isn't going to allow that to happen anymore.

My question is when is JUCO All American Tony Fair going to get bumped up to his 3 or 4 star rating that he should have? And Matthew Anderson should have at least 2 stars based on athleticism alone.

247 has Fair as a 4-star and Anderson as a high 3-star. Surely rivals will be similar, eventually.

He will be a developmental player for Nebraska. He may fit 3-4 more than 4-3, unless he was going to be a DT.

I have no idea if this is true-it very well may be. But if the situation were reversed and one of our fans said this, they'd be mocked(by our own fans) as the "we didn't want him anyway" crowd.

Word from my family in Waverly is that Iowa projected him at DT and he was not interested in that. Plus he really enjoyed his visits to Nebraska (unfortunately).

Last edited:
I don't see OLB. He's playing DE, some DT, and OL for his high school, I think they want him as a 3-4 DE
Correct but FWIW, one recruiting analyst I listened to in the past couple of days said they saw him eventually growing in to a guy who plays inside. With his athleticism he could be a beast as a DT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT