ADVERTISEMENT

Morning Trivia!!!

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
When was the last time the Husker football team played the Air Force Academy and what was significant about that particular game?

I believe Frank Solich set a record that game, maybe rushing yards overall, or rushing yards by a fullback that day.

It would have been in the late 1960s, I think.
Actually it was 1965 and yes, Solich set a single game rushing record of 205 yards breaking Bobby Reynolds 1950 record of 187 yards vs. Minnesota. Solich's record still stands today for a fullback. Here is the article of the game from the OWH:

Solich vs. AFA

66 is Wayne Meylan
15 is Bob Church
73 in the back round is Bob Brown.

I have this picture in a Go Big Red book autographed by Frank Solich.:)
Are you sure that is THE Bob Brown. According to his Wiki page, Brown was drafted in 1964. Maybe No. 73 in the picture is a different Bob Brown.

Are you sure that is THE Bob Brown. According to his Wiki page, Brown was drafted in 1964. Maybe No. 73 in the picture is a different Bob Brown.

You may be right Bob Brown wore 64 too..

It’s James Brown 6-2 251..

I just looked it up. No. 73 is O-lineman James Brown from Omaha. No. 54 is Center Kelly Petersen from Cozad. Great pic of Solich hurdling over Churchich.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT