ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Washington missing

with the problems he's had, he just needs to know that people care about him and want him to be well. That's all. He didn't do anything that a LOT of teenage boys aren't doing but he got caught by a snoopy angry stepmother. He's a mess. Let us hope that he ends up being a productive member of society and not just another statistic someday.

I get what you are saying but that is what HE needs to do. I am talking about what WE need to do. WE need to quit enabling him and others. He screwed up, he needs to fix it. If he never plays football again, I don't care. He shouldn't either. Get your life in order.

Agreed. I still think the state of Cali did him wrong. Hope he can somehow defy some odds, and get back on the team.
Well I think the odds of him getting a football career back unfortunately are greatly diminished. First, he's got an established track record now of getting at cross purposes with every school he attended (not just one school); second, he's falling behind academically (not enrolled in any classes any where) and third, he's now got a criminal record in California.

Three strikes. Not impossible, but would take a Herculean effort.

If he'd want to take advice, I'd say find some Div II school somewhere no one has heard of, switch to CB, keep out of the news for 2 years, and then attend the pre-draft workouts and impress someone.

Reactions: dinglefritz
UPDATE: According to a report he's still listed as a student in the Nebraska directory. That would seem odd to me unless his scholarship carried through the end of the Spring Semester and they didn't make any updates due to the Coronavirus situation.

Double UPDATE: He hasn't been enorlled in classes since the fall.

The weird thing is reading over an another site. It sounds like Maurice thinks he has a chance to come back to NU. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but I guess we will see how things progress.

The weird thing is reading over an another site. It sounds like Maurice thinks he has a chance to come back to NU. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but I guess we will see how things progress.
I realize there could be tons of reasons why he is still in LIncoln. I do find it interesting that he is still here. Maybe the stress of the legal issues was a factor last year. Now that all that is done with maybe he has had time to get his head right. If he does want back I would welcome him. The kid will have tons of competition however in the backfield now. If he thinks he is just going to walk back onto the team and assume the #1 spot, he could be disappointed.

Reactions: bshirt73
Agreed. I still think the state of Cali did him wrong. Hope he can somehow defy some odds, and get back on the team.
We probably don't know all the issues that Frost knows
I realize there could be tons of reasons why he is still in LIncoln. I do find it interesting that he is still here. Maybe the stress of the legal issues was a factor last year. Now that all that is done with maybe he has had time to get his head right. If he does want back I would welcome him. The kid will have tons of competition however in the backfield now. If he thinks he is just going to walk back onto the team and assume the #1 spot, he could be disappointed.
If he did come back, which is very doubtful, it might not be as a running back. Slot receiver or cornerback might be his best positions.

Reactions: husker2612
I hope Washington turns things around and gets another chance to revive his education and his football career - but it will happen somewhere else. Before parting ways, Frost stood by him longer than most coaches would have and gave him plenty of opportunities to remain with the team. Have to think that well is now completely dry.

I hope Washington turns things around and gets another chance to revive his education and his football career - but it will happen somewhere else. Before parting ways, Frost stood by him longer than most coaches would have and gave him plenty of opportunities to remain with the team. Have to think that well is now completely dry.
Yes I hope he is able to turn it around but my guess is that he still has some issues troubling him. If he was reported missing because he wouldn't return phone calls from a relative (I'd guess it most likely was his mother) then there still is something going on in his life. That relative must have been worried about him for some reason.

We probably don't know all the issues that Frost knows

If he did come back, which is very doubtful, it might not be as a running back. Slot receiver or cornerback might be his best positions.
When he left he was the most talented RB on the team by far. I don't think that is the case now. Our RB room is stacked and could argue the deepest in the BIG10. I could see him being used as one of those multi position players. Duck R type guy.

He’s a great player with a bit of a work ethic issue. I don’t think he’s really a bad person, but was far from mature the last time he was still on the team.

I just want him to move past it all and get his future straightened out.

Reactions: cvogele29
Him coming back would have been a great thing for the unity council to decide. we dont have that. I dont think he is coming back unless he PROVES he is going to be a good teammate and student. Words dont mean jack at this point. did he ever redshirt? If he were to be allowed on the team (and university), I say they institute a mandatory redshirt year to establish that proof. Does he have the means to walk on and not be on scholarship for that year?

I just dont see it happening.

I get what you are saying but that is what HE needs to do. I am talking about what WE need to do. WE need to quit enabling him and others. He screwed up, he needs to fix it. If he never plays football again, I don't care. He shouldn't either. Get your life in order.

And he will, he has no choice. The Huskers have already kicked him off the team and moved on. So WE have stopped enabling him (Maurice Washington).

But who are you to judge? Are you telling me you have never done any wrong and never made any mistakes? I love seeing people like you that are so quick to slam the hammer down and judge someone else for their mistakes. I’ll say this, what goes around, comes around. I truly hope if you screw up and make a mistake, the judge, your family and friends drop the hammer down on you too.

with the problems he's had, he just needs to know that people care about him and want him to be well. That's all. He didn't do anything that a LOT of teenage boys aren't doing but he got caught by a snoopy angry stepmother. He's a mess. Let us hope that he ends up being a productive member of society and not just another statistic someday.

Thats my hope for the young man. There are times when something like this can and does scary the person straight (and of course times it does nothing and they keep screwing up). He’s made his mistakes as a 16-18 year old (and who hasn’t) but the next several years to the next decade is what will define the man. He can get through this and get himself going again. Like you said, hopefully he takes this lesson and flips the script.

There's no need to debate the Mo Washington - Husker relationship any more whatever your viewpoint. Mo and the Huskers have both moved on. Period. It's in the past and it's over.

Possible that Mo might find a new relationship with another team but his future enrollment (if it happens) won't be back at Nebraska.

And he will, he has no choice. The Huskers have already kicked him off the team and moved on. So WE have stopped enabling him (Maurice Washington).

But who are you to judge? Are you telling me you have never done any wrong and never made any mistakes? I love seeing people like you that are so quick to slam the hammer down and judge someone else for their mistakes. I’ll say this, what goes around, comes around. I truly hope if you screw up and make a mistake, the judge, your family and friends drop the hammer down on you too.

Ha ha ha dude you are too much.

I am a 52 year old man. I have screwed up plenty. I finally learned my lesson when the people around me finally said, own what you do. It is a simple thing. I am responsible for what I do. Not you, not the area I live, not the neighborhood I grew up in, ME. It's that simple.

I was responding to a guy who was trying to blame the state and the people of California for what Maurice Washington did.

As I said in the post, that you didn't copy, is that we at some point, as a community, city, state, country, world, need to take responsibility for our own actions. When I **** up, I don't get to blame my background, the fact that I grew up poor or the fact that I grew up in a bad neighborhood. I just face the consequences and deal with it.

Don't you think we should all be held to that same standard?

he would be great at wingback..them skinney legs scare me more then Adrian running up the middle...

for some reason I figured he would be great in a wide open full throttle Oregon offence..

womens weaken legs, and make guys climb balconies and do other dumb stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT