ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Washington missing

Seems odd that he would be in Lincoln to me, he had served jail time in Cali in March?

Yeah on one hand, it is a pleasant surprise that he is still in Lincoln. On the other, hope he is okay given his past issues.

Reactions: husker2612
Why would he even be in Lincoln at this point? I'd have to think he's been back in California for some time now.

Sadly he's had personal issues for years so it's nothing new by now. Such a shame because he could have had a great career/life. Gifted with great physical talent and cursed with a very troubled personality.

UPDATE: According to a report he's still listed as a student in the Nebraska directory. That would seem odd to me unless his scholarship carried through the end of the Spring Semester and they didn't make any updates due to the Coronavirus situation.

Last edited:
Why would he even be in Lincoln at this point? I'd have to think he's been back in California for some time now.

Sadly he's had personal issues for years so it's nothing new by now. Such a shame because he could have had a great career/life. Gifted with great physical talent and cursed with a very troubled personality.

We are going to miss him a lot. Watched his highlight film from last year and he is a caliber of player that we have not had in a very, very long time.

It's probably better for him to be in Lincoln vs. California. It sucks it didn't work out, but I still hope the kid can turn his life around and find something he can succeed at.

Yeah on one hand, it is a pleasant surprise that he is still in Lincoln. On the other, hope he is okay given his past issues.
He's not the first guy to leave and then migrate back to Lincoln. Not sure why they do. Friends? Maybe they think they will still have some local star recognition?

It's probably better for him to be in Lincoln vs. California. It sucks it didn't work out, but I still hope the kid can turn his life around and find something he can succeed at.
Well better for sure to be in Lincoln for personal safety reasons BUT what's he actually still doing in Lincoln? Does he have a job? Does he have a girlfriend? I doubt he's enrolled in school.

I'd have expected him to give a football career another chance at some non-P5 school instead of drifting around or whatever he's doing in Lincoln. Hope he finds his way but the odds unfortunately are not very good at this point.

No one can turnaround his life for him at this point after so many issues, he has to decide to do it for himself. Not parents, not mentors, not coaches, not friends - it has to be him and his decision.

Well better for sure to be in Lincoln for personal safety reasons BUT what's he actually still doing in Lincoln? Does he have a job? Does he have a girlfriend? I doubt he's enrolled in school.

I'd have expected him to give a football career another chance at some non-P5 school instead of drifting around or whatever he's doing in Lincoln. Hope he finds his way but the odds unfortunately are not very good at this point.

No one can turnaround his life for him at this point after so many issues, he has to decide to do it for himself. Not parents, not mentors, not coaches, not friends - it has to be him and his decision.

I don't disagree, but I think he is better off in Lincoln trying to figure it out vs. California. I have no details of the kid and what he has been up to since he has left.

Reactions: cmblizz96
So no one really knows the kid or these particular circumstances or what he may or may not be struggling with but one thing people do know is that he certainly is better off in Lincoln than California.

Last edited:
So no one really knows the kid or these particular circumstance or what he may or may not be struggling with but one thing people do know is that he certainly is better off in Lincoln than California.
Well he does have his family in California. Don't know though if he gets along with any of them or listens to any of their advice. It's quite possible he burned those family relationship bridges just like he did at every school he attended.

Him not answering his cell phone is NOT a good sign. I really hate to say this but it has all the makings of a drug deal gone bad. Pray to God that is wrong.

Not sure where you got drug deal. My concern is the kids mental health. He has had a rough run lately.
Well he's been located. So that's good news. Still don't know why he still is in Lincoln. The report also says he's not been enrolled in any classes since last Fall at the U and it was an out of state family member who reported him missing. Likely didn't answer his cell phone calls I'd guess.

In any case, things can go back to normal now regarding Maurice.

Last edited:
Well he's been located. So that's good news. Still don't know why he still is in Lincoln. The report also says he's not been enrolled in any classes since last Fall at the U and it was an out of state family member who reported him missing. Likely didn't answer his cell phone calls I'd guess.

Apparently he has delted all his social media accounts, not answering phone. Out of state person reported him missing. I would have to assume this person was bugging the shit out of him and he just wanted to be left alone. Glad he is ok. Good he is still in Lincoln not only for him as a person but hopefully he can find his way back to the team.

Guessing he is in Lincoln because it feels more home than anywhere else right now.

California isn't a place that someone should want to be right now. The virus is almost non existent here and requirements as well

Apparently he has delted all his social media accounts, not answering phone. Out of state person reported him missing. I would have to assume this person was bugging the shit out of him and he just wanted to be left alone. Glad he is ok. Good he is still in Lincoln not only for him as a person but hopefully he can find his way back to the team.
Say what?? There is no way he’s allowed back in the program. What scenario exists that you think that is possible?

It was a family member trying to reach him that couldn't get through and reported him missing. I suspect it likely was his Mom.

I know a lot of people want Mo gone, but if he took a year off to sort things out upstairs and came back I'd welcome him. I don't think he's a bad kid and can turn it around.

Agreed. I still think the state of Cali did him wrong. Hope he can somehow defy some odds, and get back on the team.

Agreed. I still think the state of Cali did him wrong. Hope he can somehow defy some odds, and get back on the team.
I don't think the team particularly wants him back. As I recall Frost left it at saying Mo had a lot of things he had to do if he wanted to be part of the team. Not being enrolled in any classes would not be a step toward crossing items off that list.

Reactions: dinglefritz

When does it stop? Washington did Washington wrong. At some point this country will once again put some of the onus on self responsibility. The state of California did not have Washington's phone in their collective hands. He did, he sent the text, he needs to own it. God Bless. When will it be just ok to say, ****, I messed up, my bad and quit blaming everyone and everything for your actions

Sorry. I'm just about at the end of my tolerance zone

When does it stop? Washington did Washington wrong. At some point this country will once again put some of the onus on self responsibility. The state of California did not have Washington's phone in their collective hands. He did, he sent the text, he needs to own it. God Bless. When will it be just ok to say, ****, I messed up, my bad and quit blaming everyone and everything for your actions

Me too. But that's OK. We're in good company. Jesus was intolerant.

https://billygraham.org/story/the-sin-of-tolerance/

https://saddleback.com/watch/jesus-makes-headlines/was-jesus-intolerant

Last edited:

with the problems he's had, he just needs to know that people care about him and want him to be well. That's all. He didn't do anything that a LOT of teenage boys aren't doing but he got caught by a snoopy angry stepmother. He's a mess. Let us hope that he ends up being a productive member of society and not just another statistic someday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT