ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri coach

Although they avoided a couple SEC heavyweights, when your only 2 losses are to LSU and Georgia, nothing to be ashamed of. Their best wins were over Tennessee and K-St. This bowl win over the Bucketeyes B-team is fairly questionable as a good win. Be interesting to watch old Big 8 rivals Sooners & Tigers go at it next year.

Although they avoided a couple SEC heavyweights, when your only 2 losses are to LSU and Georgia, nothing to be ashamed of. Their best wins were over Tennessee and K-St. This bowl win over the Bucketeyes B-team is fairly questionable as a good win. Be interesting to watch old Big 8 rivals Sooners & Tigers go at it next year.
Lots of family went to OU, so they will clearly be my favorite team in the SEC.

I think they have some growing pains, but who knows (or cares).

GBR

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I remember when Nebraska went to bowl games. Absolutely embarrassing we didn't go to one this year

Santa Claus Christmas GIF by Sky Radio

I remember when Nebraska went to bowl games. Absolutely embarrassing we didn't go to one this year
Amen. Had the weakest schedule of any Husker team in the current era and was still somehow able to piss away a bowl game because of incompetent late game coaching.

Next year again we have the easiest schedule in the big ten. Avoid Michigan and PSU. Play an OSU team in steep decline and get the easiest 2 conf additions.
9 wins next year or heads should roll

Last edited:
Amen. Had the weakest schedule of any Husker team in the current era and was still somehow able to piss away a bowl game because of incompetent late game coaching.

Next year again we have the easiest schedule in the big ten. Avoid Michigan and PSU. Play an OSU team in steep decline and get the easiest of the 2 new conf additions.

I feel like you missed the point of the OP

As stated weeks ago, nothing matters in the win column until 2026

The narrative has already begun

Reactions: oldjar07
Wrong. I don't know anyone that won't be pissed if we don't win at least 6 or 7 games next year. Experienced lines and a good defense. #1 qb recruit and the best returning qb. The wins are there for the taking.
You make my point perfectly. Real fans should be irate if we only manage to win 6 or 7 games next year. Instead we have “fans” the likes of you where 6 or 7 wins will satiate their appetite

Next year again we have the easiest schedule in the big ten. Avoid Michigan and PSU. Play an OSU team in steep decline and get the easiest of the 2 new conf additions.
How many teams are being added next year? Get back to us …

Also Penn St is tougher than OSU?? You’re an embarrassment.

Reactions: Laner2
I’ve asked him a couple of times if he would tell us who he really is, and been completely ghosted. Didn’t even attempt to say he was a husker fan for as long as he can remember, went to memorial stadium in the 80s, yada yada yada…

So yeah, I have my doubts…

You make my point perfectly. Real fans should be irate if we only manage to win 6 or 7 games next year. Instead we have “fans” the likes of you where 6 or 7 wins will satiate their appetite
Lol. Wrong again. Real fans are watching for real progress. I saw the best tackling in over a decade. I saw young players contributing from game 1 and improving. I saw players like Nash get significantly better in one off-season. I saw guys like Omar Brown go from barely contributing to becoming reliable starters. And on and on.

I’ve asked him a couple of times if he would tell us who he really is, and been completely ghosted. Didn’t even attempt to say he was a husker fan for as long as he can remember, went to memorial stadium in the 80s, yada yada yada…

It's probably RedBitch on his 20th screen name. Total nut job.

Lol. Wrong again. Real fans are watching for real progress. I saw the best tackling in over a decade. I saw young players contributing from game 1 and improving. I saw players like Nash get significantly better in one off-season. I saw guys like Omar Brown go from barely contributing to becoming reliable starters. And on and on.
The fact of the matter is this … redmichelle/dantesrings has never been a leader of anything. Doesn’t understand putting processes in place to build a culture for the future and has no concept of team building. He was probably hanging from every word Deion said through the first 3 games and wishing we had him in Lincoln.

🤣🤣🤣

Exactly like I said - all kinds of progress if you decide wins don’t matter -

(despite having the easiest schedule in the modern era)

As stated weeks ago, nothing matters in the win column until 2026

The narrative has already begun
This will be pushed over and over by writers and radio show hosts.

They know what they are doing and I am guessing the like Rhule, he is open and talks a lot and answers questions, he is good for their business.

Reactions: king_kong_

To allieve any doubts. I am a life long Husker.
In fact I was an intern to Dick Janda back in the day and helped him with Bob Devaney’s show.

True story, at break Bob handed me the bag of Tacos Switzer gave him on the show before the 1980 game.

not holding on to those tacos is one of the greatest regrets of my life. But alas I was young, poor and hungry. I ate those tacos with some fava beans and a Nice Chianti

To allieve any doubts. I am a life long Husker.
In fact I was an intern to Dick Janda back in the day and helped him with Bob Devaney’s show.

True story, at break Bob handed me the bag of Tacos Switzer gave him on the show before the 1980 game.

not holding on to those tacos is one of the greatest regrets of my life. But alas I was young, poor and hungry. I ate those tacos with some fava beans and a Nice Chianti
Are you a fiction book writer. You have some good stories.

They’re committed to “progress”

Been very clear about it
Do you not understand coach-speak?

Seriously.

What do you want them to do? Say “we should be a 9 win team” so everyone (including the team) can start saying “which games does coach think we will lose?”

You speak in terms of “progress” and “work ethic” and “physicality”. Then you benchmark metrics against them

In our case we progressed. We got more physical.

We did every single thing that Coach Rhule said we would do.

And you’re mad because he didn’t give pre season specifics. Good lord.

🤣🤣🤣

Exactly like I said - all kinds of progress if you decide wins don’t matter -

(despite having the easiest schedule in the modern era)
Progress?

Iowa has never won shit. Ever.

Not this year, not last year. Not in years with easy schedules. Or difficult ones.

Nothing in the 400 years Ferentz has coached there.

Nothing during the generation before that.

Or the generation before that.

Nothing. All time.

Matthew Rhule said time and time again that the turnover issues needed to be fixed. Turnovers and turnover margin are one of the most important metrics when it comes to wins and losses

2022 season:
1.6 turnovers/game
-0.3 turnover margin/game

2023 - Matt Rhule takes over
2.6 turnovers/game
-1.3 turnover margin/game

Last edited:
Matthew Rhule said time and time again that the turnover issues needed to be fixed. Turnovers and turnover margin are one of the most important metrics when it comes to wins and losses

2022 season:
1.6 turnovers/game

2.6 turnovers/game
Have you figured out how many teams the B1G is adding next year?

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
Do you not understand coach-speak?

Seriously.

What do you want them to do? Say “we should be a 9 win team” so everyone (including the team) can start saying “which games does coach think we will lose?”

You speak in terms of “progress” and “work ethic” and “physicality”. Then you benchmark metrics against them

In our case we progressed. We got more physical.

And you’re mad because he didn’t give pre season specifics. Good lord.
I’m not mad at all, and I’m taking the staff and AD at their word because, like you said, they’ve stuck to it.

I agree there are benchmarks to “progress”.

Winning football games just isn’t one of them and won’t be for a couple more years.

2022 season:
1.6 turnovers/game

2.6 turnovers/game
2024 has to be better than the 2022 season. The defense needs to force more turnovers for sure. The QB’s and other skill positions must protect the ball. Need an even or plus turnover margin in 2024. Think the spring workouts will have that as a focus and get better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT