Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Anyone know much about the Gophs?

- Replacing 3 OL
- No Ibrahim & Potts
- New QB - Hurt us last year, but sounds like he may be a little dinged up
- OC Gone and now have CO-OC
- Same D-Coordinator, but replacing a decent amount of people

Anything else of significance? How is their kicker?

- Replacing 3 OL
- No Ibrahim & Potts

I just moved my daughters into their apartment yesterday at U of MN, and one of them has their bedroom overlooking the practice field. You can see everything. Maybe I’ll ask her for info…

I just moved my daughters into their apartment yesterday at U of MN, and one of them has their bedroom overlooking the practice field. You can see everything. Maybe I’ll ask her for info…
22506231.gif

Not a Husker???? With that said, at least we have a spy and hopefully she remembers her true colors.

JJ

Reactions: BleedRed78
It will be interesting to see what Fleck does this year as losing Mo changes a lot of their ball control on offense and bend don't break defense. They brought in some good non-P5 players from the portal, so it will depend how they can perform in the B10. They have some good play makers in the pass catching game, but their QB has shown to be inaccurate and losing 3 good OL won't help. I hate opening up there on a Thursday but I can see them being an easier get at the start of the season.

Minnesota's average rivals league ranking in recruiting vs. NU's in the past 5 years - 9.6 vs. 5.2. Minnesota barely cracks the top 40 nationally. Minnesota has played conservative football and tries not the beat itself. That, and an NFL level RB, has been enough to beat Nebraska the past several years. NU has the talent to run a more dynamic playbook. If NU simply plays with more discipline, they should have the upper hand.

22506231.gif

Not a Husker???? With that said, at least we have a spy and hopefully she remembers her true colors.

JJ
She could record practice as a starter….
She is an entrepreneur… she mentioned recording practice and selling the footage…

That said, she is, sadly, a gopher fan and in the marching band there and was joking about selling the footage. She still is a husker fan when Nebraska is playing anyone else.

Have your daughter throw a kegger party for the starting Gopher offense. Make sure you her buy piss-water Schmidt beer so they all get nice and sick. At 1:00am you call U of M Campus police and tell them their starting QB pulled IT out and you want to press charges. Then after the game drop the charges.

Nebraska: 1-0

Congrats to your daughters and you! That's pretty cool to have 2 B1G teams you can follow with great interest.

Reactions: Laner2
Yesterday morning on 1620 mentioned the Gophers had a scrimmage Tuesday night and starting QB Kaliakmanis didn’t participate in the scrimmage.

No information why..

Yesterday morning on 1620 mentioned the Gophers had a scrimmage Tuesday night and starting QB Kaliakmanis didn’t participate in the scrimmage.

No information why..
I read the article about it and supposedly just "load management" to give him a rest as part of their recovery process. Will be interesting to see though. I think it is gamesmanship on PJ's part because he sat out the practice that was open to the media.

- Replacing 3 OL
- No Ibrahim & Potts

I heard a national football analyst mention them while talking about the Big 10. I don’t remember the specifics but the general message was- typical Minnesota team with a handful of kids expecting to get drafted next year. Better QB play expected.

Have your daughter throw a kegger party for the starting Gopher offense. Make sure you her buy piss-water Schmidt beer so they all get nice and sick. At 1:00am you call U of M Campus police and tell them their starting QB pulled IT out and you want to press charges. Then after the game drop the charges.

Nebraska: 1-0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT