ADVERTISEMENT

Millard South TE Chase Loftin

Wow. Google "Ryan Loftin Iowa" and check out the news articles from 1999. Does anyone know how the criminal charges were resolved?
Although I was living in E Iowa during this time not exactly sure how things ended up as reported by the KF media mafia at the time, I am thinking both parties tried to quietly make it go away.

Wow. Google "Ryan Loftin Iowa" and check out the news articles from 1999. Does anyone know how the criminal charges were resolved?
LOFTIN PLEADS GUILTY --

IOWA CITY -- Former Hawkeye football player Ryan Loftin maintained Tuesday he is "not legally guilty of anything" even though he has pleaded guilty to trespass in connection with an incident last August at a University of Iowa athletic building. Loftin, 22, of 2604 Bartelt Rd. No. 1D, Iowa City, is to be sentenced Feb. 4 on the charge of trespass resulting in damage, which states that he entered the office of Hawkeye football coach Kirk Ferentz on Aug. 21 and took two playbooks he was not entitled to remove. The plea agreement calls for Loftin to get a deferred judgment with two years' probation and 120 hours of community service. Authorities began investigating Loftin, formerly a defensive end for the Hawkeyes, shortly after he quit the team last Aug. 17, alleging he had been run off by the new coaching staff appointed by first-year coach Ferentz. Loftin was charged with extortion and fifth-degree theft and turned himself in to police on Aug. 28; he was released on his recognizance after an initial court appearance. He pleaded not guilty in October to formal charges.

• Haha
Reactions: huskerfan66
We wanted Grant but filled up at OL and pulled the offer. We never offered this guy
source.gif
The top player in Iowa, All American, and a National top 100 recruit? You make room for that guy, Run along now Herky. You're boring us.
GEtMky3akAA7nG2

Last edited:
QB play is about to improve by a factor of 10
Maybe. But not all of the in state and surrounding area TE talent that I was referring to came to Nebraska. Not all that TE talent plays at Nebraska. Kids at Oklahoma, Auburn, K-State, and Iowa State too. Where’s Carnie now? Is AJ Rollins a red-white game hero only?

Noah Fant?
Noah is the exception and I knew someone would point him out after I posted. But we’ve had a ton of kids heavily recruited @ TE that just haven’t lived up to the hype. the one kid I think will def do it though is Nelson. Just seems like we should have more booms then just Fant

Noah is the exception and I knew someone would point him out after I posted. But we’ve had a ton of kids heavily recruited @ TE that just haven’t lived up to the hype. the one kid I think will def do it though is Nelson. Just seems like we should have more booms then just Fant
Can you list them?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Before I finished reading the OP I knew exactly what the second post was gonna be. Iowa has two TE commits already, including one with a Nebraska offer. Thought Nebraska was a far superior program for its fans to be gloating about making a top 10 of a local kid that Iowa didn’t offer. Guess not.

Before I finished reading the OP I knew exactly what the second post was gonna be. Iowa has two TE commits already, including one with a Nebraska offer. Thought Nebraska was a far superior program for its fans to be gloating about making a top 10 of a local kid that Iowa didn’t offer. Guess not.
Yet here you are, on our site...

Obsession continues. You should find a hobby

Oh, I’ve admitted my obsession plenty of times. Therefore, I can point out the blind obsession in this thread. Love it!

Blind obsession says the guy posting all the time on our board. You have more post on a Nebraska board than I do.

Blind obsession says the guy posting all the time on our board. You have more post on a Nebraska board than I do.
He is a combo Husker & Iowa fan (very common) and he’s right about the subset of posters who never miss a chance to post about iowa

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT