ADVERTISEMENT

Millard North's Petito Retires...

Happy trails Coach. I’m guessing someone currently in the building will be elevated to head coach?? Looking forward to seeing what the new offense looks like next fall.

Not a big surprise. Haven’t been real good the last years . Kids don’t want to play in his offense anymore.
About 8 years ago he got a super toxic class (I know, because I coached those dicks) and they never really recovered.

I am guessing they don't have anyone in the building that wants the job but they might? It is a good gig, not as good as it was but it is still really solid.

The sophomores that they had on their reserve squad were large and athletic kids. They will have some talent to work with.

Reactions: baseball31ne
About 8 years ago he got a super toxic class (I know, because I coached those dicks) and they never really recovered.

I am guessing they don't have anyone in the building that wants the job but they might? It is a good gig, not as good as it was but it is still really solid.
That’s too bad , but that’s all it takes. Seems like a good dude . All the interviews and stories I heard about him were all good.

The sophomores that they had on their reserve squad were large and athletic kids. They will have some talent to work with.
This years soph class was I believe winless as freshmen except for "B" squad win. But this past freshman team was outstanding. Watch for the FB/LB Austin Ruhter. He had a bunch of multi touchdown games this year. Long touchdowns.

Reactions: Laner2
That’s too bad , but that’s all it takes. Seems like a good dude . All the interviews and stories I heard about him were all good.
Yeah, he is a nice guy. He loves that gig. I can't imagine he is retiring from teaching but maybe.

Well, let the poaching of their players begin...

And the name I'm hearing as his very possible replacement is definitely not in-house. About as far from it as one could possibly be.

• Sad
Reactions: king_kong_
Well, let the poaching of their players begin...

And the name I'm hearing as his very possible replacement is definitely not in-house. About as far from it as one could possibly be.
Ohhhh, interesting!

I wonder if that Bennington HC is looking to leave

Now, if they really wanted a stud, they would go see if Coach Kush (from Boystown) wants to coach again but I think he is happy just doing speaking engagements.

I think Millard South went outside the district two years ago?? I could be wrong though. I don't really hear as much as I used to.
Athletics in HS is a business so if the best for the job is outside, more schools are doing just that.

Reactions: BTF69
Yeah, he is a nice guy. He loves that gig. I can't imagine he is retiring from teaching but maybe.
He’s 72. He’s a PE teacher, guessing they’ll try to have him stick around at least part time if district policy allows it.

He’s 72. He’s a PE teacher, guessing they’ll try to have him stick around at least part time if district policy allows it.
Dang, 72?
I have not seen him in awhile but last time I did see him I would never have guessed he was near 70.

Also, not to take anything away from PE teachers but, why retire?

after 41 years.

5 State Titles
8 State Title Appearances
1 Heisman Trophy Winner
It could have easily been 6 state titles. In 2007, they were down to a sophomore third string QB in the state title game against Omaha Central. Nick Failla was outstanding until he got hurt. Sean Fisher had over 100 yards as an I-back.

Yet the Mustangs lost by only 26-21.

Reactions: king_kong_
I think Millard South went outside the district two years ago?? I could be wrong though. I don't really hear as much as I used to.
Didn't the new Millard South HC come from out of state? Arizona?

Allen Burrell named the new head coach. Former Millard North assistant coach and the head coach of Elkhorn Mount Michael the past two seasons

I’m surprised Chavez didn’t get a look. I actually don’t even know if he is still on the coaching staff.

Chavez had some health issues and I’ll leave it there. Not sure he’ll be in coaching much longer, if at all. His kid is going to be a senior though…very good player too.
I am not as connected with HS FB as you are anymore but I heard a (strong) rumor that Huffman was going to end up at MN. Did you hear that?

I’m surprised Chavez didn’t get a look. I actually don’t even know if he is still on the coaching staff.
I believe Chavez’s name was included in a list the district released that he was retiring at the conclusion of the semester.

I am not as connected with HS FB as you are anymore but I heard a (strong) rumor that Huffman was going to end up at MN. Did you hear that?
That was the original name. Things didn't unfold though.

Their final list was MUCH different than the original names that were interested.

Reactions: BTF69
Dang, 72?
I have not seen him in awhile but last time I did see him I would never have guessed he was near 70.

Also, not to take anything away from PE teachers but, why retire?
The reasons PE teachers get out of it-- the noise (literally), the constant whining and bitching from kids about having to do anything that remotely resembles exercise, the fake notes from home claiming injuries, requests to see the nurse, the list goes on. I think it wears people down.

The reasons PE teachers get out of it-- the noise (literally), the constant whining and bitching from kids about having to do anything that remotely resembles exercise, the fake notes from home claiming injuries, requests to see the nurse, the list goes on. I think it wears people down.
This is SOOOO true!

The fake notes, my god. That has to be at an all time high! I have a ton this year to get them out of taking finals! #Concussion #Stress #Anxiety

Reactions: HuskAir
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT