ADVERTISEMENT

Mickey got screwed

Thank you Mickey! You may not get to be HCMJ but I trust in you to get us to bowl game every year- much more so than the loser Fraud and his 5 pack of bowl game t-shirts on sale at Walmart. Plain white-loser

Reactions: ssmill777
Mickey did about as good as we could have hoped for considering the situation. I don't think that necessarily qualifies him for removing the interim tag, but I hope he is on the staff next year.
Well not really IMO. We gave away 2 games probably. Clock management was a problem and we tried to give this one away. This team lost too many games they should have won this year.

First coach to beat Iowa since Pelini

Great recruiter

Salvaged this garbage team and got them playing hard.

Best players he recruited.

Program heading in right direction.

And he doesn’t get the job
Couldn't agree more. Mickey & Busch turned this team around. Took a lot of guts for Mickey to fire Chinander, but the defense improved greatly under Bill. Under Frost & Chin., we would have finished 1-11. Now if we had an offensive line ....

First coach to beat Iowa since Pelini

Great recruiter

Salvaged this garbage team and got them playing hard.

Best players he recruited.

Program heading in right direction.

And he doesn’t get the job
Gotta say it......and he's black. Why can't I say that media has for several months.

Mickeys a great guy and good coach. Just not hc material here at this time

I think if he would have beaten Minnesota and Wisconsin he would have been given more consideration. They were two very winnable games.

But yeah, MJ and Busch did a great job holding it together with the mess they were given!
Busch is a very good coach. Hope he activism around. Mickey as well as a WR/AHC. The staff will be interesting to see. No doubt we’re going to have to wait for some guys still coaching other teams

Well not really IMO. We gave away 2 games probably. Clock management was a problem and we tried to give this one away. This team lost too many games they should have won this year.
Thompson doesn't get hurt, we probably only lose to michigan & purdue after OU

coaching (and just a pathetic run of abysmal excuses for P5 football teams (aka the entire B1G) on the opposing sideline) kept us in every one

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Gotta say it......and he's black. Why can't I say that media has for several months.

Mickeys a great guy and good coach. Just not hc material here at this time
Oddly enough this kind of reminds me of Bo Pelini in 2003. A large contingency of fans wanted Bo to be the head man back then. Maybe Mickey will get his chance being the head man here one day the same way Bo did. As evidenced by the 2nd half today. He has a long way to go in being a good head coach. Mickey handled the situation very well, he didn't get enough wins and Nebraska is in no position to take a flyer on a coach with no head coaching experience. I'll remain of fan of Mickey at his next stops and always root for his teams when they aren't playing the Huskers.

Won the game despite horrible coaching today.
Busch did a great job. Mickey puckered up in the second half. He’s still a good coach it’s just that Nebraska isn’t a place where you should be getting on the job training as the head coach

Reactions: merk0714
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT