ADVERTISEMENT

Messiah

Here’s the larger point. It is not the 90’s and Nebraska is not thought of as the type of program it once was by the kids of today. Mizzou and Nebraska usually have about even recruiting classes over most recent years. Kind of a coin toss for most kids. Listen, I would love for Mizzou to have the history of Nebraska but it is just that for teenagers, ancient history. So, it’s obnoxious when you guys can’t believe that a kid would pick Mizzou over Nebraska.

Wow, you Nebraska fans still think it’s the 90’s with this “how could any kid pick Mizzou over Nebraska garbage”. You just offered Chris Mills from TX, he chose Mizzou. Messiah just signed with Mizzou. Sorry but these kids weren’t even alive when Nebraska was relevant.........they are not going back and watching VHS tapes of Nebraska running the option.
But the 90s are coming back. Our Chancellor and President promised us

56-14...howd that booty feel?
It’s clearly a blowout. But what’s jarring is the comprehensive fashion in which the Boilers have done it. They outgained Mizzou in the first half, 370 yards to 91. They possessed the ball for 21 of 30 minutes. They averaged 7.9 yards per play. Quarterbacks David Blough and Elijah Sindelar were 19-of-23 for 232 yards, and the Boilers ran all over Mizzou to the tune of 138 yards on 24 carries.....was lock injured?

Here’s the larger point. It is not the 90’s and Nebraska is not thought of as the type of program it once was by the kids of today. Mizzou and Nebraska usually have about even recruiting classes over most recent years. Kind of a coin toss for most kids. Listen, I would love for Mizzou to have the history of Nebraska but it is just that for teenagers, ancient history. So, it’s obnoxious when you guys can’t believe that a kid would pick Mizzou over Nebraska.

When you have as many people involved in following something then obviously you'll have a horse of every color. Of course some will be surprised even though these kids have their own reasons that a fan will not understand.

It’s clearly a blowout. But what’s jarring is the comprehensive fashion in which the Boilers have done it. They outgained Mizzou in the first half, 370 yards to 91. They possessed the ball for 21 of 30 minutes. They averaged 7.9 yards per play. Quarterbacks David Blough and Elijah Sindelar were 19-of-23 for 232 yards, and the Boilers ran all over Mizzou to the tune of 138 yards on 24 carries.....was lock injured?

it was early in the year and werent ready to play that day,big deal weve gotten better and the team didnt fold unlike the husker quitters. minn...really? blown out at home vs iowa...last game of the year? no excuses your program is a dumpster fire at the moment. congrats on the 90s..ancient history.

it was early in the year and werent ready to play that day,big deal weve gotten better and the team didnt fold unlike the husker quitters. minn...really? blown out at home vs iowa...last game of the year? no excuses your program is a dumpster fire at the moment. congrats on the 90s..ancient history.

You sound like an Iowa fan..

Missouri Hawkeyes....

Missouri has won 5 divisional championships in the last 12 seasons. Was rated #1 twice (albeit briefly), had a Heisman finalist, 2 TEs highly drafted (RUCKER and Chase Coffman), the man who invented the position in the modern era, Kellen Winslow. Mizzou gave nebraska the biggest arse-whoopin in the history of your stadium I think (51-14 - and it would have been 51-7 if BoBo hadn't have scored a classless TD with a few seconds left). Oh, and our current TE scored 11 TDs this year. This is all good and recruits see this. Mizzou won 6 in a row because our coaches turned around a trainwreck - your coaches were a trainwreck. What allowed the neb glory days to happen can not ever return regardless of who your coach is because of a) cable TV - no more the ABC game of the week only game in town b) every team now has top notch strength and conditioning c) scholarship limits d) acedemic standardization. Here's your present reality - you have the lowest ranked recruiting class in the BIG, you don't have 15 bowl practices and you are in isolated state with terrible weather that is hard to recuruit to. Also, you have a grumpy, entitled, critical fan base that is not attractive. Game day in Lincoln is fun, i've done it 3 times and loved it - some nice folks like college fans everywhere, but we have the Messiah and he's not Scott Frost as much as you'd like to it believe it to be so. I almost feel sorry for y'all.

I never post here, just come here to read updates on the team. The fact your gloating about a 7-5 season is quite comical. Yeah, you had a great offense this past year, still, 7-5. Nebraska may have had hits it peak in the 90s, but, Missouri hit there's in the Chase Daniels era, still no Championship. The fact of the matter is, Nebraska has Missouri's number and always will. 65-36.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Missouri fan here with in laws from Nebraska, and no ax to grind.

How do fans feel about Frost going back to coach at UCF for the bowl game? Sorry for the change of subject.

Reactions: Sinomatic and WHCSC
Missouri fan here with in laws from Nebraska, and no ax to grind.

How do fans feel about Frost going back to coach at UCF for the bowl game? Sorry for the change of subject.

Not going to get into a pissing match with other fans either. I personally don't mind Frost doing the UCF bowl game. He seems to be working his tail off recruiting at the same time of bowl game prep. I think it will be a lot of free advertising for Nebraska with him coaching the bowl. Going back to losing Messiah to Missouri, I am not going to worry about losing a recruit to another school. Happens all the time for different reasons. I have confidence Frost will finish out the class with some nice additions and then have a strong class next year.

Last edited:
Missouri has won 5 divisional championships in the last 12 seasons. Was rated #1 twice (albeit briefly), had a Heisman finalist, 2 TEs highly drafted (RUCKER and Chase Coffman), the man who invented the position in the modern era, Kellen Winslow. Mizzou gave nebraska the biggest arse-whoopin in the history of your stadium I think (51-14 - and it would have been 51-7 if BoBo hadn't have scored a classless TD with a few seconds left). Oh, and our current TE scored 11 TDs this year. This is all good and recruits see this. Mizzou won 6 in a row because our coaches turned around a trainwreck - your coaches were a trainwreck. What allowed the neb glory days to happen can not ever return regardless of who your coach is because of a) cable TV - no more the ABC game of the week only game in town b) every team now has top notch strength and conditioning c) scholarship limits d) acedemic standardization. Here's your present reality - you have the lowest ranked recruiting class in the BIG, you don't have 15 bowl practices and you are in isolated state with terrible weather that is hard to recuruit to. Also, you have a grumpy, entitled, critical fan base that is not attractive. Game day in Lincoln is fun, i've done it 3 times and loved it - some nice folks like college fans everywhere, but we have the Messiah and he's not Scott Frost as much as you'd like to it believe it to be so. I almost feel sorry for y'all.

Blah, blah, blah....

That's about the jist of it all for those who don't want to read his wall of text..

great job in sniffing out a typo. when's your bowl again,cant find the date and start time anywhere.

As has been said, we’re happy to trade a meaningless bowl like yours for our shiny new unanimous coach of the year.

Wow! How’d I do that with no “typos?”

Who “the Messiah” that you have?

Pretty good post right there. Bringing up Winslow. Well done.

I loved Messiah on tape, but I have to admit, the kid needs to develop some wheels. 5.00 40 ain't gonna get him to the NFL. He needs some more twitch. Sad we didn't get a chance to develop him. Big target in the middle and in the redzone. GBR

That

He already signed on Friday. He just waited to announce until today. But you can continue to wait to see “if” he signs if you wish.
I saw an article that said he waited too late and can't sign until February.

Put this stupid thread to rest! Nebraska doesn't need TEs this cycle..Nebraska fans, why are you worried about losing a slow 3 star TE? Unless we're Iowa where they turn 3 star TEs into starting Tackles, we don't care!

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Put this stupid thread to rest! Nebraska doesn't need TEs this cycle..Nebraska fans, why are you worried about losing a slow 3 star TE? Unless we're Iowa where they turn 3 star TEs into starting Tackles, we don't care!
Thinking that Frosty has bigger fish to fry!

Fans of a “never was“ frantically running smack on fans of a “has been”

Freaking gold.

What was longer ago........ the ‘90s or never?

Love it. Player chooses another school so “Nebraska doesn’t need TEs this cycle”. And then talking about how he is not that good a player. I guess “Frosty” thought he was pretty good but you probably know better than he does.

Misery gets manhandled by Pudue, 35-3!! LMAO!! PURDUE!! Even with Mike Riley as our coach, we would have stomped Miss-ery! RollingLaugh

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Missouri has won 5 divisional championships in the last 12 seasons. Was rated #1 twice (albeit briefly), had a Heisman finalist, 2 TEs highly drafted (RUCKER and Chase Coffman), the man who invented the position in the modern era, Kellen Winslow. Mizzou gave nebraska the biggest arse-whoopin in the history of your stadium I think (51-14 - and it would have been 51-7 if BoBo hadn't have scored a classless TD with a few seconds left). Oh, and our current TE scored 11 TDs this year. This is all good and recruits see this. Mizzou won 6 in a row because our coaches turned around a trainwreck - your coaches were a trainwreck. What allowed the neb glory days to happen can not ever return regardless of who your coach is because of a) cable TV - no more the ABC game of the week only game in town b) every team now has top notch strength and conditioning c) scholarship limits d) ACEDEMIC standardization. Here's your present reality - you have the lowest ranked recruiting class in the BIG, you don't have 15 bowl practices and you are in isolated state with terrible weather that is hard to recuruit to. Also, you have a grumpy, entitled, critical fan base that is not attractive. Game day in Lincoln is fun, i've done it 3 times and loved it - some nice folks like college fans everywhere, but we have the Messiah and he's not Scott Frost as much as you'd like to it believe it to be so. I almost feel sorry for y'all.

Irony or just stupidity?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT