ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Stadium night game atmosphere

I'm not sure a laser light show is really that intimidating. Memorial can be a tough place to play, when we have a good team. LSU is still my vote, from watching on TV.
Been to Baton Rouge night game against #1 Bama about 10 years ago or so, insane environment but also was at the Nebraska Miami game in Lincoln which was an angry crowd…Memorial is def on par with LSU for noise.

That was a drone show in the sky, right?

Wow! A far cry from the days when I went to games. I'm jealous of all who were there Saturday night.

I was at the utep game student section seemed more amped then Previous years. The whole stadium just seemed louder.

I mean, these guys are D1 FB players, they are not "intimidated", I think they are using the wrong word. I think what they mean is distracted or in awe.

I am guessing that most of the CU roster has never been in front of 90K before, never had the lights and drones and all the distraction and volume.

I mean, these guys are D1 FB players, they are not "intimidated", I think they are using the wrong word. I think what they mean is distracted or in awe.

I am guessing that most of the CU roster has never been in front of 90K before, never had the lights and drones and all the distraction and volume.
To me it's seems very celebratory. I'm all for it.

To me it's seems very celebratory. I'm all for it.
I love it.

I am 100% for it. Games should be entertaining and that helps. I am also glad that students went on the field after the game. Good for them, enjoy it, you only get about 30 home games while you are a student and maybe 10 of those are "big games", enjoy it, have fun, make memories.

I love it.

I am 100% for it. Games should be entertaining and that helps. I am also glad that students went on the field after the game. Good for them, enjoy it, you only get about 30 home games while you are a student and maybe 10 of those are "big games", enjoy it, have fun, make memories.
I agree. Maybe the students will stay for more games. Glad their section wasn't half empty by 3rd qtr

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
What made last night a laser light show??
Shouldn't have said laser. Light and drone show would probably be the correct way to describe it. Either way, super cool, but not what I think of as intimidating. An example of intimidating would be the deafening noise on defense.

Shouldn't have said laser. Light and drone show would probably be the correct way to describe it. Either way, super cool, but not what I think of as intimidating. An example of intimidating would be the deafening noise on defense.

There was deafening noise on defense all night long.

Reactions: Frozone
Were you there? Just curious 🤔

Reactions: TFrazier
It wasn't the loudest I've heard at memorial. I thought Michigan two years ago got louder even. But it was loud and buzzing all game long. The 4th quarter light show wasn't as rocking as it has been, but the recruits were definitely in awe. I think a few were genuinely surprised at the entire experience.

Hopefully the eventual renovations will find a way to maintain capacity and maybe add a metal overhang like Washington, to take us up a few more decibels.

It wasn't the loudest I've heard at memorial. I thought Michigan two years ago got louder even. But it was loud and buzzing all game long. The 4th quarter light show wasn't as rocking as it has been, but the recruits were definitely in awe. I think a few were genuinely surprised at the entire experience.
The all-time standard for noise is Oklahoma, 1978. Not 1992 Colorado, Miami or Michigan reached that level. Last night was closest.
Of course, this is all my opinion. But I was at all these games and that OU game is still at the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT