ADVERTISEMENT

Meatchicken ioa game today worries me

• Thread starter anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
  • Start date
A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

We need Mythigan to win, and bad. If they dont we likely need to make the tourney finals (at least) to feel safe. It's hard to beat a team 3 times in a season. Ioa has talent, but are poorly coached and play no defense. If it becomes a shootout, watch put for the herkies

Normally I would agree. However I saw we moved up 5 spots to 51st in the RPI last night. We are getting into that area of the RPI that is going to get the committee using the eye ball test. We have been hot finishing 10-2. If we had to play Iowa and used that win to get us into the semi-s and reaffirmed our top 4 position in both the regular season and post season I think we have a chance.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Normally I would agree. However I saw we moved up 5 spots to 51st in the RPI last night. We are getting into that area of the RPI that is going to get the committee using the eye ball test. We have been hot finishing 10-2. If we had to play Iowa and used that win to get us into the semi-s and reaffirmed our top 4 position in both the regular season and post season I think we have a chance.
Where are you seeing 51?

I understand the fear and also that the NCAA sucks.
Having said that, I stand by getting in with a win friday, regardless of who it is.

Michigan is shooting very poorly from the outside, which sorta worries me. Will they shoot poorly from beyond the arc two games in a row? I can't imagine that would happen.

Reactions: husker2612
We will blow out Michigan tomorrow. I think we are good enough to win the whole thing. This team as I have said before has an attitude as this team isn't anywhere the team that we were at the beginning of the season. We are good enough to beat Sparty! Hell Wiscy could upset Michigan State tomorrow giving us an easier path to the Championship game!

Ok. Overtime. Play 7 Overtime, and Michigan win in the end

Going to the first of hopefully 5 OTs.

Edit: I guess I’m the compassionate one only asking for 5 OTs.

Well, Michigan will be game-ready tomorrow. NU had better be ready at tip-off. If NU can keep it close late, maybe a little fatigue will set in for Michigan.

So often the team that played the day before is sharper than the team that is playing its first game.

As much as I would have liked to beat Iowa again, this is a great outcome. Would have liked to see more time on the court for Michigan, but this is a very good outcome, with them playing OT and still winning the game.

Michigan having an OT game is exactly what Nebraska should not want to have happened. Michigan will play with their ears pinned back.

Michigan having an OT game is exactly what Nebraska should not want to have happened. Michigan will play with their ears pinned back.
We will bury them again! By the way our D is light years better than yours and if I remember correctly we buried by 20 as well. Just sayin'

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Michigan's free throws down the stretch were terrible. Kept Iowa in a game they shouldn't have been. Maybe that carries over to tomorrow.

Fatigue in football is one thing but basketball? OT today is a non factor tomorrow.

Hey what fabulous, top-tier job did your close personal friend Bobby Diaco land? Seems like he remains unemployed but that can't possibly be right, can it?

We will bury them again! By the way our D is light years better than yours and if I remember correctly we buried by 20 as well. Just sayin'
Michigan was playing with a few days more rest, if you can’t or don’t beat them after they played an overtime game you don’t deserve a tourney bid.

Just love when people show how ignorant they really are. I just hope the Huskers play well and Michigan plays like they did today!

Michigan was playing with a few days more rest, if you can’t or don’t beat them after they played an overtime game you don’t deserve a tourney bid.

Well, one thing we know is that you can get to your spring cleaning, because your March schedule is wide open, unencumbered by any pesky basketball games. Enjoy.. :Cool:

Reactions: scarletred
had the same thought.
It sounds like the sight lines are very poor and the teams don't get to do any shoot arounds. IMO, that favors the team that has already played in the Garden but who knows. Taking the tourney to NY was a colossal mistake. There's hardly any butts in the seats. I've seen more people at a grade school basketball game.

It sounds like the sight lines are very poor and the teams don't get to do any shoot arounds. IMO, that favors the team that has already played in the Garden but who knows. Taking the tourney to NY was a colossal mistake. There's hardly any butts in the seats. I've seen more people at a grade school basketball game.
The venue choice wouldn't be so bad if Delany hadn't been so hell-bent to play in New York City that he agreed to be a warm-up act for the Big East Tournament. Does the rest of the country even know this tournament is going on? It's hiding on BTN while ESPN shows UCF vs. Wichita State (going to OT, by the way) and FS1 shows mixed martial arts.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The venue choice wouldn't be so bad if Delany hadn't been so hell-bent to play in New York City that he agreed to be a warm-up act for the Big East Tournament. Does the rest of the country even know this tournament is going on? It's hiding on BTN while ESPN shows UCF vs. Wichita State (going to OT, by the way) and FS1 shows mixed martial arts.
It's a joke. Maybe now that the first 2 rounds are out of the way it will get more attention but man... I haven't heard of a single NU fan going to NY for the game.

It's a joke. Maybe now that the first 2 rounds are out of the way it will get more attention but man... I haven't heard of a single NU fan going to NY for the game.
Tomorrow on the ESPN family of Networks:
NBA game between Toronto and Washington
Buffalo vs. Bowling Green
Ohio Valley tournament
UT-Arlington vs. Texas State
Iowa State vs. Oklahoma

FS1 is showing NASCAR and a mixed martial arts weigh-in (not a typo).

Great job getting exposure for your conference tournament, Jim Delany. But at least you get to walk around Madison Square Garden feeling important, and that's what really counts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT