ADVERTISEMENT

Mazzccua is N!!

Mazzccua started 11 of Florida's 12 games this year at right guard during the 2023 season. He was absent for Florida's 22-7 win over Charlotte after serving a suspension for his role in a fight after the Tennessee game the week prior.

Mazzccua participated in Florida's Senior Day ceremony before the program's 2023 season finale against Florida State. In his lone season as a Gator, Mazzccua graded out with a 67.4 overall mark, according to Pro Football Focus.

Before he arrived in Gainesville, Mazzccua spent his first three years of college at Baylor, where he saw his most playing time in the 2022 season. He started 10 games in 11 appearances and graded out as the second-best guard in the Big 12 that year, according to PFF (74.9).

For reference, here are our OL grades.

Benhart 70.3
Scott 63.7
Nouilli 62.9
Corc 54.0
Piper 63.8
Teddy 66.1
Jenkin 60.7
Luto 49.6

So he is an upgrade if he plays like last year and a huge upgrade if he returns to his 2022 form.

4th quarter. Bad weather. Pound the rock with DD and EJ!!
I love it. I feel like its all coming together on the OL. Last years class was pretty decent, and this years class is very good, and have some other good pieces. Maybe still need a few supplements as time goes on, but I feel good about our depth next year. Should be able to rotate more and just like you said in the 4th, go get people.

I love it. I feel like its all coming together on the OL. Last years class was pretty decent, and this years class is very good, and have some other good pieces. Maybe still need a few supplements as time goes on, but I feel good about our depth next year. Should be able to rotate more and just like you said in the 4th, go get people.
Is Piper going to make it back or will that bad injury force his career to be over?

Is Piper going to make it back or will that bad injury force his career to be over?
I have no idea on that one. I feel like we need Piper for depth, but I really like the youngsters coming up. I hope they turn out to be studs. On paper there is hope! I think the hope is reality now because I trust Rhule to develop them and Campbell to make them monsters that can move.

If Piper comes back it won't be this year. Injury was so bad needs full year plus to rehab. May not get back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT