ADVERTISEMENT

Mayfield

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
I had forgotten in 2022 Baker Mayfield was Matt Rhule's starting QB for the Panther's first five games before Rhule got sacked.

It’s a cool story. I hope he continues to play well. Looks like a grown up Johnny football right now.

Reactions: dinglefritz
bet he gets a contract in the 40mil/year range after this year.

lots of teams, particularly the Broncos, could do a lot worse. have to imagine the Bucs will do whatever it takes to keep him

Reactions: dinglefritz
It’s a cool story. I hope he continues to play well. Looks like a grown up Johnny football right now.
He was never anything close to Johnny football. The dudes measurablee aren’t great for the NFL, but he is pretty decent and a good team player. He’s also matured a bunch which has helped him to keep working working in the league.

It's beyond ridiculous. They need to take a year off from doing those and let us recover.
We’re not gonna rest until they bring Jason Kelce, his wife, and Taylor Swift into those commercials. Then and only then will State Farm be the greatest insurer in all of America.

That's why I like him too. He's a normal guy having fun. Just a goofy college kid planting the OU flag at Ohio State. When he first got to Oklahoma, he played intramural softball. Gotta like the guy
he was easy to hate for me earlier. He’s easy to like now. He’s a baller. Not a Buc fan but gotta love LaVonte and Trey getting some wins.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He was never anything close to Johnny football. The dudes measurablee aren’t great for the NFL, but he is pretty decent and a good team player. He’s also matured a bunch which has helped him to keep working working in the league.
yeah i've never understood that comparison. I imagine it stems from the fact they're both short, stocky white guys who were electric in college, but their playstyle is nothing alike.

it's like comparing Michael Penix to Lamar Jackson because they're both 6'3" 215lb black guys.

And his commercials were funny too. Likeable dude for the most part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT