ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Somari Toure Can Make the Packer Roster Afterall?

We only return 2 players who had over 100 yards receiving last year. I think we will be fine but that's the reality of it. Manning with 380, 2 TD and Martin 170 yards 1 TD.

Reactions: king_kong_
Another article today about Aaron Rodgers and Toure…..Somari has a very good chance of making this roster.

We only return 2 players who had over 100 yards receiving last year. I think we will be fine but that's the reality of it. Manning with 380, 2 TD and Martin 170 yards 1 TD.
Of all the position groups, WR is the least of my concerns. I think we look really good there.

Another article today about Aaron Rodgers and Toure…..Somari has a very good chance of making this roster.

Toure is going to shine. He endured some sh_ _ qb play here at Nebraska. Going to play with Ay-aron is like hitting the lotto.

Of all the position groups, WR is the least of my concerns. I think we look really good there.
Speaking of “drops” cited in the article, I feel like the Huskers have been really fortunate in the passing game for at least a few years where drops have not been a noticeable problem. I remember some years where we seemed plagued.
Our WRs and TEs have done a good job of catching balls that are on target.
With that seemingly consistent ability, it’s unfortunate we couldn’t get more out of them.

I’m sure Whipple would have liked have him back for one more year.

I think he not only makes it, but gets some mention as ROY. Not saying he wins it but he gets some mention.
I have coworkers in Green Bay flipping out about how good the guy looks and breaking my balls over how underused he was here.

HC is the main concern.
eye-roll-robert-downey-jr.gif

Somebody has to catch the ball in G.B. after they lost what they did at the WR position, may as well be Toure. Rogers never had much use for young WR's before, but he'll have no choice as he cashes those lotto checks during his last few seasons. Cannot wait to watch that team play this year.

Im not sure Toure makes the 53 at this point. He has had a mostly good camp, but the numbers game is tough for him. The Packers usually carry 6 WR on the 53, but most think it will be 7 to start the season.
Allen Lazard, Sammy Watkins, Randall Cobb, Amari Rodgers are locks barring injury
Romeo Doubs - star of camp by far. 0 chance he is cut
Christian Watson - 2nd rounder (Packers first WR pick this draft), just starting to get reps after injury. No chance he gets cut.
Juwann Winfree - This is the competition for Toure. Currently having a bit better camp and has shown a higher ceiling (if you listen to the major network pundits). Also a starter on kick and punt return.

Samori needs to make a push and maybe have some other things happen to make the team. Packers would love to stash him on the PS if they cut him and he clears waivers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT