ADVERTISEMENT

Mauga now a 4 star...

While in theory it doesn't change anything about whether the kid is good at football or not, it's a feather in the cap for the staff and a good look from a marketing/PR standpoint.

They have a track record of finding lower ranked guys early who end up being 4* by NSD. That is a very important skill given where NU is starting in terms of recruiting prowess and where it needs to go.

That's at least 3 kids they have committed now who are 4* who were not when they first committed. Mauga, Morrison, and Smothers. In fact Smothers might have been 2*/unranked when they got him IIRC.

While in theory it doesn't change anything about whether the kid is good at football or not, it's a feather in the cap for the staff and a good look from a marketing/PR standpoint.

They have a track record of finding lower ranked guys early who end up being 4* by NSD. That is a very important skill given where NU is starting in terms of recruiting prowess and where it needs to go.

That's at least 3 kids they have committed now who are 4* who were not when they first committed. Mauga, Morrison, and Smothers. In fact Smothers might have been 2*/unranked when they got him IIRC.

It is funny how this board works sometimes.

-'X recruit is low rated with no offers!'

(Gets reranked as a 4 star)

-'Does it really matter?'

I see **** when I look at it. I guess it's my rose colored glasses. :Cool:

Nice work coaches.
Example of why nebraska recruit rankings are skewed high. If kstate got him this would not happen. Same player, different ranking basked on school only due to large nebraska recruiting following.

I saw a screenshot of it and it showed 5.8 four star. Weird it’s not there. Maybe somebody jumped the gun?

Example of why nebraska recruit rankings are skewed high. If kstate got him this would not happen. Same player, different ranking basked on school only due to large nebraska recruiting following.

Really? Then explain to me why all the other three stars on Nebraska's list remain a three.

giphy.gif

The recruiting services don’t care about fans opinions or size.
The only thing Espin, 24/7 or Rival care about are the local/ national camp work outs for 2 of their 3 rankings. The final rankings are season results. Nothing has changed

Reactions: Bugeater
Yeah, if he was only given a 3 star, fans would stop following the recruiting site. Derp de derp derp derp.

If he were truly a 4*, wouldn't his offer list and schools interested be longer/more impressive?

nope he’s a fake 4 star. Rankings aren’t always about offers. And this young man is an obvious under the radar guy. The recruiting services obviously didn’t know to even look the young man up, now are and love his film and stats and appear feel he’s a 4 star deserving player. Simple as that. Heck we seen 5.5-5.6 3 star players have a ton of offers and remain a 3 star.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeans15
Article talking about what his commitment means shows 4 stars. Sounds like a very good pickup. The more competition in the linebacker room, the better.

Don't know what I did, but I used Firefox and then I think I refreshed and there it was. Would say the class is a lock for top 25 Rivals and if NU closes on the names mentioned, could be inside the top 20.

right, if it’s a top 29 now and we add Kaden Johnson, that should jump it into the top 25 range. ;)
If I'm doing the math right, adding Johnson would bump NU's Rivals points to 1610, which would be as of now psn 21.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
So does he have three years to play two as some sites have reported, or only two years to play two, as has been stated on here?

So does he have three years to play two as some sites have reported, or only two years to play two, as has been stated on here?

we cant even decide if he has stars. Someone had posted that he redshirted in 17 though. Assuming that is true, its 2 for 2.

When I go to rivals.com and click on 2020 Player Ratings it gives me an error page and says the server is overloaded. Probably related to the Mauga page jank. You'd think since they charge $10/month to read the articles and still show ads they would buy real servers.

Reactions: Crazyhole
The services actually watch film. When that happens guys that have been overlooked rankings change!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT