ADVERTISEMENT

Masters thread

huskerbux

Recruiting Coordinator
Aug 24, 2006
Omaha
Spieth with the early surge. -5 after 10 and in first with Rose and Charley Hoffman. Tiger and Ricky Fowler at +1 thru 7. Lefty finishes his round at -2. And my very darkhorse hoperful....Tom Watson at -1.

Every time I think Tiger Woods is about to fall apart, he hits an amazing recovery shot.

Big Easy eagle on 15 puts him in the lead at -6. Go Ernie!

Tiger birdie's the 8th to get back even but then plays the ninth like me. Far left off the tee and actually played his second from the 1st hole fairway. Second shot had a clear path to the green but he pushed it right into the trees. Third shot from the pine straw finds the green but a mile away. nice two putt for a bogey and in decent shape for the first time out.

Spieth is in the zone right now! I love the leaderboard so far. If Tiger can make it happen at amen corner, things could be shaping up if Spieth doesn't run away from the field. Lot's of golf left, but would love to see Mickelson get his 4th, or the return of Tiger!

Originally posted by huskerbux:
Big Easy eagle on 15 puts him in the lead at -6. Go Ernie!

Tiger birdie's the 8th to get back even but then plays the ninth like me. Far left off the tee and actually played his second from the 1st hole fairway. Second shot had a clear path to the green but he pushed it right into the trees. Third shot from the pine straw finds the green but a mile away. nice two putt for a bogey and in decent shape for the first time out.
Man Tiger has the shanks soooo bad. He just shanked a short iron 30 yards to the right of the green.

I think that is it. Tiger will fall apart from here on, I hope not but he looked defeated after that shot.

The kid is just fearless. Needs two more birdies for the all-time lowest round at Augusta!

Gary Player at the par 3 contest "Damn it, Damn it Damn it"

Tiger Woods: " OH, Tiger! You Dumbass"

Guy from the crowd on one of the par 3's every hit no matter what: "Oh, Nice Ball!!"
One time he was replied to with: "Nope".

The chatter is getting picked up a lot in this one.

This post was edited on 4/9 5:33 PM by jawatkins

Originally posted by jawatkins:

Guy from the crowd on one of the par 3's every hit no matter what: "Oh, Nice Ball!!"

Tiger dropped a GD one hole earlier, but they cut off the Dammit portion of it. He's always been a potty mouth though.

Hope Spieth wakes up with a sore back...last thing I want is the tourney ruined by a big lead

Originally posted by Hoosker Du:

Tiger dropped a GD one hole earlier, but they cut off the Dammit portion of it. He's always been a potty mouth though.
Who cares? It's golf and he is a guy. Cuss away.

Originally posted by mwulf:
Hope Spieth wakes up with a sore back...last thing I want is the tourney ruined by a big lead
While I know you'd never wish injury on the kid, I get your point. Its only two shots and the weather may be a factor today.....storms possible this afternoon and some wind.

But if anyone is going to run away with it early....I'm good with it being Spieth.

Originally posted by leodisflowers:
Originally posted by Hoosker Du:

Who cares? It's golf and he is a guy. Cuss away.
Obviously he doesn't. Makes himself look like a complete tool throwing his clubs and cussing up a storm. He's like REO Speedwagon and Foghat playing state fairs and classic rock cruises. He just needs to retire and quit getting stomped and ruining his legacy.

If Tiger is going to be washed up, Im good with a young American becoming the next great.

Not sure if he has "it" yet to just run away with a major after one round with a two shot lead.

And for those complaining about a grown man having a "potty" mouth? Frickin A goshy darn him for making me hear that.

Spieth is legit good....just wish he hadnt of went to Texas ...for like a minute but it still counts

12 under.....the kid is on fire! #1 rory will be looking in the rear view mirror with Jordan coming up fast.

doesn't make him tiger woods until he wins more than 79 events or 14 majors just saying.....

Originally posted by brnred1989:
doesn't make him tiger woods until he wins more than 79 events or 14 majors just saying.....
NOBODY is saying he's Tiger Woods. But Tiger's record at Augusta is in serious jeopardy. And not that far behind is Charley Hoffman.....15 year tour vet with no big time wins on his resume. Could have two guys running for the 269 on Sunday.

And for those that think Tiger's washed up.....he's close to getting in the top ten heading into the weekend. pretty impressive after the long time off.

McIlroy stumbling out of control. +4 on the day and has a real chance of missing the cut. #1 in the world.

It looks like it will be one, but I hate when the majors turn in to "boat races" and one guy just blows the field away. A fair amount of the last few majors have been that way.

Originally posted by ridge22:
It looks like it will be one, but I hate when the majors turn in to "boat races" and one guy just blows the field away. A fair amount of the last few majors have been that way.
+1. I probably won't be watching much Sunday if Spieth is up by 5+. I hate to take it back to Tiger, but he's the only one I would sit watch blow away the field, first because it hasn't happened in a long time, and second the potential pursuit of #1 in major wins is kind of must watch TV

stumbling out of control? Looks safely inside the cutline at -2 after going -4 over the final 6.

Originally posted by OwlsRule:

stumbling out of control? Looks safely inside the cutline at -2 after going -4 over the final 6.
He recovered but at the time he looked bad....very bad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT