ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez and sacks

4 to 5 seconds, lol. Most of them, he's evading a rush after 1.5 seconds.
You know, this could be true BUT read a defense pre snap, find the hot route and get rid of it whether you like/love it or not. He’s been here 4 years as the starter. He‘s been in this situation plenty of times. Their should be some kind of progress shown. I blame Verduzco more than him fyi

At this point, I have to say Martinez deserves every hit he takes. Four years in, if you don’t know enough to get rid of the ball in 4-5 seconds, you’re too stupid to play the position.
Math isn't your strong suit I guess.

If anyone is wondering why Martinez hasn’t been unseated as the starter, check out the first half lowlights from the Rutgers-Wisconsin game.

Good lord, you think he usually has 4-5 seconds?

And I thought my exaggerations about how long I last in bed were way off.
I didn’t say “usually”. You did. Sometimes he has a lot of time. Sometimes he doesn’t. But far too often when he has ample time, he doesn’t anticipate wr’s coming out of their breaks and having a step on the defender, he holds onto the ball, and takes an unnecessary sack. It isn't hard to see.

I didn’t say “usually”. You did. Sometimes he has a lot of time. Sometimes he doesn’t. But far too often when he has ample time, he doesn’t anticipate wr’s coming out of their breaks and having a step on the defender, he holds onto the ball, and takes an unnecessary sack. It isn't hard to see.
Bro, you embarrassed yourself, no big deal. Just own it.

You know, this could be true BUT read a defense pre snap, find the hot route and get rid of it whether you like/love it or not. He’s been here 4 years as the starter. He‘s been in this situation plenty of times. Their should be some kind of progress shown. I blame Verduzco more than him fyi

But the QB’s all do so good on that silly test Verduzco has Maybe instead of having them take written tests, he should be coaching them something on the field. And by the way Im a scratch golfer when I can do it in writing instead of on the course

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I can’t articulate how disappointed I was post-2020 that Frost didn’t replace both Verduzco and Austin. Very transparent that Frost cares more for individual coaches than the program as a whole. Weak leadership.
Yes. Frost is a terrible leader. AM is also not a good leader. Great kid, great athlete, not a leader.

Reactions: drubendall
well martinez doesn't throw with precision like montana, nor can he scramble and pass like tarkington
the opposing defense knows this thus comes at martinez full bore.
but as I explained in countless other posts it's not martinez's fault..he's a run/pass qb, not a pocket passer.
so what we have here is a lack of communication...some folks don't understand this and have to learn the hard way.

we can also lay blame on the oline, and the rb's and receivers for that matter.....there's been a total offense collage of fail. if the oline ain't acting like penalty turnstiles, the rb's are hitting holes with the force of 14 year old girl, and lets not forget the dropped balls. it's a work in progress.

but our oline is young, our super star receivers are learning the play book and how to block, and the rb's are working on more muscle less fat..plus you going to see frost hit the qb transfer portal like nobody's business.
I've allready steared him toward rattler and osu's miller...and it's not even my job.
but for all that fail, they still have some positive numbers in areas (not the red zone)
so once the pieces are fit a bit better things should improve , so there's hope..

Last edited:
But the QB’s all do so good on that silly test Verduzco has Maybe instead of having them take written tests, he should be coaching them something on the field. And by the way Im a scratch golfer when I can do it in writing instead of on the course
I shot an 18 on paper once

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT