ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Whipple to Nebraska?

Any relation to Mr. Whipple?
OIP.2beGq6-r9NoJQJ8xdKRqQAHaF7

This is about the time Sir Yacht normally posts something like:

"My sources (i.e. reading message boards) tell me Whipple has agreed in principle to a 2-3 year deal with Nebraska and will be named their OC within the next 48 hours"

Then, if we name a different OC tomorrow, he never addresses the post again.

Pitt's offense was bad to mediocre in 2019 and 2020. Lit it up with a very experienced, future NFL QB this year.
We always complain about development. That future NFL QB was there in 2019 and 2020, so it seems as if Whipple developed him. The kid even said he wouldn’t have returned if it weren’t for Whipple.

We always complain about development. That future NFL QB was there in 2019 and 2020, so it seems as if Whipple developed him. The kid even said he wouldn’t have returned if it weren’t for Whipple.
He isn't going to get 3 years if we stink next year

It would be cool to have a QB coach that can take a kid from the level they are at when they arrive on campus and raise that level as they gain experience.

The last time that happened here was_____________

No doubt he's a good QB coach. I'm one of those guys that would prefer to be 60-40 run/pass or heavier run on average. Attacking linemen going downfield. With his experience in NFL and with qbs I would tend to think he'll more balanced or more pass than my comfort. But there's more ways to skin a cat so let's see what he can do. Hopefully he starts by bringing in a top notch QB

Great QB coach. Just beware, his offense is one of the most pass-heavy in the country. If you wanted someone who likes to establish the run, he's not it.
Establishing the run doesn't mean shit to me unless you have great running backs, OL, and defense to back that strategy up. Bring on the Air Raid!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT