ADVERTISEMENT

Loving the Blackshirts! White is a Broyles nominee

Looks like 21st in yards and 26th in points. That is great for the team. Need to stay inside those as the remaining opponents on the schedule I don’t see many 30+ point offensive performances coming

NU is 16th in yards per play. Total offense and total defense both are symbiotic of one another. If you have a ball hogging and effective offense, your total defense will look better. Vice versa, if you have a defense getting three and outs your offensive opportunities increase.
Our defense is out on an island.

NU is 16th in yards per play. Total offense and total defense both are symbiotic of one another. If you have a ball hogging and effective offense, your total defense will look better. Vice versa, if you have a defense getting three and outs your offensive opportunities increase.
Our defense is out on an island.
Was just going to say this... imagine the ranking if the Offense held up their side of the bargin...

I think the D-line is pretty well set on the edge for the foreseeable future. Got a lot of young guys coming up in Princewell, Lenhardt, Butler, and now James Williams, and I think Gunnerson and Wallin are solid pieces as well. I think the focus recruiting wise will be on either getting Hutmacher to stay or recruiting his replacement.

Don't take this the wrong way, our defense has been playing extremely well. BUT, the only two teams that we have played with a legitimate QB put up 36 and 41 on them.
I understand that we're not playing the best of offenses. I'm more impressed with the fundamentals of the game that have improved. Tackling in space, gang tackling, flying around, getting sacks and TFL's. It's been a complete 180 under where we were under Frost and Riley.

sexy time love GIF by NICOLE DONUT

I think the D-line is pretty well set on the edge for the foreseeable future. Got a lot of young guys coming up in Princewell, Lenhardt, Butler, and now James Williams, and I think Gunnerson and Wallin are solid pieces as well. I think the focus recruiting wise will be on either getting Hutmacher to stay or recruiting his replacement.
Tyson Terry looks like an identical replacement for Hutmacher at this point in time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT