ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of Parity

Antwill

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
Actually makes me feel a little better about the Illinois game.

The thing is, with all these super conferences, the goal is going to be to make the playoff and not go undefeated, etc. Lots of teams are going to have to adjust expectations and be happy with 9 wins a year.

The thing is, with all these super conferences, the goal is going to be to make the playoff and not go undefeated, etc. Lots of teams are going to have to adjust expectations and be happy with 9 wins a year.
18 team conference……there will be a slug of teams in the 5-7 to 7-5 records range. Finishing in top 1/3 will be very respectable

I do enjoy a good Parody from time to time...

Oh Yeah Flirt GIF by Wahala Room

>Parity
The same 5 teams that end up being the top of the recruiting rankings

Not seeing this parity other than in the non-top tier teams. I see the same too 3 teams, maybe 4 and then a bunch of mish mosh.

Actually makes me feel a little better about the Illinois game.
Not me, no way. I HATE that we lost that totally winnable game, and they're running around with a rank# because we messed up. That was not parity, it was just more bad luck and bad plays. They got the W, but not deserved by parity or anything. This 20 year ditch is something we absolutely have to break out of. Let luck turn against Bama or Mich for a change. It did against FSU & Florida (but Miami is back, crud!). Ill makes me ill.

Reactions: cornwoman
Who is the best team right now? Everyone wrecking on the lack of parity, bama, Georgia, Clemson, Oregon, Michigan, tenn, Oklahoma, Penn state are all suspect. We have a lot of teams losing to teams that turn around and don’t look great. I think no one is great right now and people seem to think that every team is static, which is far from true. There is a lot of week to week variability for each team and outcomes are very match up specific. Everyone wants a simple “good” or “bad” designation. The truth isn’t that simple

This is why I do not care about the outcomes between common or future opponents. Until Nebraska and whichever team you think they’ll lose to locks horns, you really don’t know.

Side note: specific to the BIG, nobody who has gone on the road across two time zones has won. Perhaps PSU and OSU will break that trend this evening.

This is why I do not care about the outcomes between common or future opponents. Until Nebraska and whichever team you think they’ll lose to locks horns, you really don’t know.

Side note: specific to the BIG, nobody who has gone on the road across two time zones has won. Perhaps PSU and OSU will break that trend this evening.

PSU just put that to rest. I’m thinking OSU will win tonight as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT