ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Michael Lynn (OL from Colorado) in N

As some have noted the conference championship games and playoffs will make it more difficult for teams with relatively less talent to progress. A less talented team could likely face teams with higher talent ratios in a conference championship game and then in 2 playoff games. No longer is it a one game scenario. A great deal more luck will be involved to advance if you are the less talented team.

Take MSU in 2015 - I believe they beat Michigan with the fluke long snap miscue in the last seconds - upset an OSU team - got to play a low ratio team in the CCG (Iowa) and then got steam rolled by Alabama when their luck ran out.

Wisconsin has played in 5 conf championship games they have won 2. They are 2-0 when playing lower talent ratio teams (MSU and Nebraska) and 0-3 when player high talent ratio teams (OSU twice and PSU). They may reverse that trend this year.

Nebraska's position is favorable as far as conf championship is concerned - we are in a division where no team has ever had a high talent ratio and the schedule is unbalanced with regards to playing the high ratio teams that reside in the east. Making it possible to beat a higher talent ratio team in a one game scenario.

Lastly we all may need to hope against the odds for exceptions as given Nebraska's geographical location I'm not sure it will be possible to recruit to the blue chip ratio of 50%+. I have said before that I don't think Nick Saban or Urban Meyer have the same resume if they are coaching at Nebraska as opposed to Alabama or OSU.

Some people just seem to know it all, especially when you don't agree with them or they find that what you say doesn't jibe with their line of thinking. It happens.

Bullwinkle.png

mr-know-it-all.jpg

Well I am going to be honest and say Tuco knows more about footbal than I do, but I wasn't addressing him in particular, just the prevailing thought it seems to be in general that we are losing the off season. Its going to take some time putting a NEBRASKA product on the field to sell. The staff can't sell UCF all day long here.

Reactions: Bugeater
Well I am going to be honest and say Tuco knows more about footbal than I do, but I wasn't addressing him in particular, just the prevailing thought it seems to be in general that we are losing the off season. Its going to take some time putting a NEBRASKA product on the field to sell. The staff can't sell UCF all day long here.
I personally think NU has had a great off-season. With the hire of SF, we have:

1. Unified a fan base (for the most part).
2. Re-organized the athletic department structuring to basically make everyone at UNL working in the same direction to help the football program. Chancellor, president, AD, teachers, strength and conditioning, nutrition, player development, etc.
3. Signed a good transition class - definitely can’t complain about a top 25 class with under 2 months of recruiting
4. Brought back husker power - which seems to have led to some pretty good gainz
5. Brought back Dave Ellis to cut down on the Raising Canes and Chik-Fil-A and get the players eating, drinking, and sleeping right
6. Cleared out many non-contributors
7. Brought in over 50 new players from recruiting class, walk-ons, transfers, and grad transfers to begin flipping the roster
8. Began completely flipping the culture of the program by using a combination of everything above
9. Brought in an entire staff that has been working cohesively for multiple years
10. Brought excitement and expectations back to Husker football

It seems the only real negative that has been brought up in the last 8 months has been the 2019 recruiting class. And I would argue it really isn’t a negative, it is just one other thing some would like to see improve with all the other great things that have been happening with the program.

2. Re-organized the athletic department structuring to basically make everyone at UNL working in the same direction to help the football program. Chancellor, president, AD, teachers, strength and conditioning, nutrition, player development, etc.
3. Signed a good transition class - definitely can’t complain about a top 25 class with under 2 months of recruiting
4. Brought back husker power - which seems to have led to some pretty good gainz
5. Brought back Dave Ellis to cut down on the Raising Canes and Chik-Fil-A and get the players eating, drinking, and sleeping right
7. Brought in over 50 new players from recruiting class, walk-ons, transfers, and grad transfers to begin flipping the roster
8. Began completely flipping the culture of the program by using a combination of everything above
9. Brought in an entire staff that has been working cohesively for multiple years

It seems the only real negative that has been brought up in the last 8 months has been the 2019 recruiting class. And I would argue it really isn’t a negative, it is just one other thing some would like to see improve with all the other great things that have been happening with the program.
giphy.gif

Wisconsin is pretty solid across the board. What they're missing is a good qb. You can't win a title with a mediocre qb at best.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE

BOOM!!!

Totally agree.

Is that really you Tuco or did somebody hack in to your account....o_O

Since Frost was named coach I haven’t said anything at all negative about how he runs his program, with the exception of questioning a few recruiting philosophies and really not even philosophies as much as a few commitments.

I am fully expecting this team to win 8 regular games this season, I expect them to be much better week 12 than they are week 1. I think the offense will struggle against the teams with athletic secondaries but be very successful against teams that that have to manufacture pressure with blitzes and teams that have to load the box to stop the run. I think the defense will give up a lot of yards and quite a few points, but will be much better in getting to the QB and forcing turnovers.

Reactions: Yossarian23
Since Frost was named coach I haven’t said anything at all negative about how he runs his program, with the exception of questioning a few recruiting philosophies and really not even philosophies as much as a few commitments.

I am fully expecting this team to win 8 regular games this season, I expect them to be much better week 12 than they are week 1. I think the offense will struggle against the teams with athletic secondaries but be very successful against teams that that have to manufacture pressure with blitzes and teams that have to load the box to stop the run. I think the defense will give up a lot of yards and quite a few points, but will be much better in getting to the QB and forcing turnovers.
You seem to have been the designated "alternative view poster" for several months now almost regardless of topic so I'm shocked to see that you "totally agree" with anybody.:Cool: FWIW, I'm smiling broadly as I type this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT