ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Michael Lynn (OL from Colorado) in N

Fantastic. Welcome to the new pipeline. Even though some in Nebraska don't like pipelines. Sorry couldn't help it! Wait, maybe that's what has been wrong!!

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_c574a0c3-9625-55cf-90c0-3ece8dbf5ffd.html
Lynn is listed at 6-foot-7 and 300 pounds and is considered a three-star prospect by 247Sports and Rivals.
He is the 15th pledge for NU's 2019 class overall and the third offensive lineman, joining Desmond Bland (Arizona Western) and Matthew Anderson (Leesville, Louisiana).

Lynn visited Lincoln for NU's Red-White Spring Game in April and then received a scholarship offer from the Huskers on June 1. He picked Nebraska over several other Power Five conference schools including Arizona, Arizona State and Washington State.
Lynn is the second prospect in the class who projects as a tackle, joining Anderson, while Bland (6-4, 300) projects more as an interior player and one who could potentially push for early playing time as a juco transfer.

Lynn is the second member of NU's 2019 class from Colorado, joining quarterback Luke McCaffrey.
Offensive line is a focus in the Huskers' 2019 recruiting class. NU will graduate seniors Cole Conrad, Jerald Foster and Tanner Farmer after the 2018 season and also saw Michael Decker decide to retire over the summer. While Nebraska has some young talent at tackle, it does not possess the kind of depth that offensive line coach Greg Austin and head coach Scott Frost would like.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Reactions: SOHusker11
Awesome news for sure! 2/3’s of class filled up and it’s barely August...I guess we’ll have plenty of official visits for the season. Interesting trend for recruits commmitting earlier and earlier. I wonder how patient and picky we’ll be going forward. A lot of kids start to mature for their senior year and so you have that debate about filling class too early. Good problem to have though!

Awesome news for sure! 2/3’s of class filled up and it’s barely August...I guess we’ll have plenty of official visits for the season. Interesting trend for recruits commmitting earlier and earlier. I wonder how patient and picky we’ll be going forward. A lot of kids start to mature for their senior year and so you have that debate about filling class too early. Good problem to have though!

11 of the 14 BIG teams are at 13 or more commits so we are right where most teams are as far as recruit quantity. The most recent commit puts us ranked at 7th in the conference.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Looks like they already have 4 OL already committed for the 2019 class. People on the Buffs Message Board are surprised they didn't offer Lynn over some of their other commits.
CU also took a local qb who is rated about equal to McCaffrey, though supposedly more of a pro style qb. I’m betting we eventually look smarter on both choices.

Mock all you want.
Yeah I'm getting confused with the rate at which they're snapping up 3* kids. There's not any of them that you watch their film and go, "Well this kid is garbage, get him out of here" but they don't blow your mind either. They look...about like 3* players. Where's the fire to let kids like this commit in July and August?

This kid looks like he might have great upside. Great frame, so far his film is a lot of him mauling guys half his size so I dunno what you make of that. I'm getting real tired of needing to convince myself that NU's staff saw something that no other P5 big boys saw and that a ratings bump is waiting down the road.

This class needs a HELL of a run of dudes that everyone agrees are bigtime prospects to make it to the level NU needs if they want to sniff that 8-team playoff HCSF wants to see someday. So far this is shaping up like a class that lands them in the ballpark of 25th-30th. That's not good enough.

It doesn't match with how hot Frost and his staff were coming off what they just did at UCF and the upgrades they got to their resources and their brand. It feels like they're selling themselves short and trying to recruit a P5 blue blood with a mid-major attitude. Maybe some of these guys get bumped if bigger names commit, but that doesn't strike me as Scott's style.

Yeah I'm getting confused with the rate at which they're snapping up 3* kids. There's not any of them that you watch their film and go, "Well this kid is garbage, get him out of here" but they don't blow your mind either. They look...about like 3* players. Where's the fire to let kids like this commit in July and August?

This kid looks like he might have great upside. Great frame, so far his film is a lot of him mauling guys half his size so I dunno what you make of that. I'm getting real tired of needing to convince myself that NU's staff saw something that no other P5 big boys saw and that a ratings bump is waiting down the road.

This class needs a HELL of a run of dudes that everyone agrees are bigtime prospects to make it to the level NU needs if they want to sniff that 8-team playoff HCSF wants to see someday. So far this is shaping up like a class that lands them in the ballpark of 25th-30th. That's not good enough.

It doesn't match with how hot Frost and his staff were coming off what they just did at UCF and the upgrades they got to their resources and their brand. It feels like they're selling themselves short and trying to recruit a P5 blue blood with a mid-major attitude. Maybe some of these guys get bumped if bigger names commit, but that doesn't strike me as Scott's style.
Will they be 3 stars by the time they finish their senior year? I think they're recruiting the guys they think can do what they need them to do regardless of their star ranking and I'm fine with that. IMO, this is a kid who once again fits what they want for O tackle. Big frame with quick feet who has shown that he can move at 275-280. While he's got some baby fat, he's not obese and they like his athleticism. I just don't think they really give a sh## what Rivals ranks a kid at. This kid in particular has offers from some programs who have had some pretty good success at developing O linemen. The bottomline is that we need bodies at OT and if a kid looks the part athletically you take him and keep pursuing the late deciders who are maybe higher ranked. We'll likely take another OT.

Reactions: huskerfan66

I think at this point we are going to have to trust Frost and staff know what they're doing. Frost was a huge hire for us (fans), but nationally he is still not on par with Saban, Swinney, etc. and will have to prove it by winning and stamping our IDENTITY on this program.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Will they be 3 stars by the time they finish their senior year? I think they're recruiting the guys they think can do what they need them to do regardless of their star ranking and I'm fine with that. IMO, this is a kid who once again fits what they want for O tackle. Big frame with quick feet who has shown that he can move at 275-280. While he's got some baby fat, he's not obese and they like his athleticism. I just don't think they really give a sh## what Rivals ranks a kid at. This kid in particular has offers from some programs who have had some pretty good success at developing O linemen.

So there are no 4 star OTs with a big frame with quick feet who has shown that he can move at 275-280? This isn’t just about what Rivals thinks. It is about what 65 other power 5 coaches think.

I get the “coaching up” stuff. But why does it have to be guys few other P5s are recruiting?

No offense, but the I’ll take the leftovers and beat your studs approach doesn’t work to the level Frost said he wants to obtain. Why get into a fight with one hand tied behind your back? Is it just to prove your a good coach and you can teach kids to play football? I’m pretty sure Nick Saban is a good coach too. Dabo is a pretty good coach as well. I don’t see them looking for the 3 stars to coach them up.

Will they be 3 stars by the time they finish their senior year? I think they're recruiting the guys they think can do what they need them to do regardless of their star ranking and I'm fine with that. IMO, this is a kid who once again fits what they want for O tackle. Big frame with quick feet who has shown that he can move at 275-280. While he's got some baby fat, he's not obese and they like his athleticism. I just don't think they really give a sh## what Rivals ranks a kid at. This kid in particular has offers from some programs who have had some pretty good success at developing O linemen. The bottomline is that we need bodies at OT and if a kid looks the part athletically you take him and keep pursuing the late deciders who are maybe higher ranked. We'll likely take another OT.
They'd better take another OT. They whiffed badly last cycle on the offensive line, they didn't even get warm bodies for emergencies by the time the other kid failed to qualify.

I don't wanna bag on any one of these kids individually, like I said they're not bad players. But the fact that we have to wonder if maybe they make it to 4* or maybe the staff doesn't care about recruiting rankings is very telling of how good we actually think these kids are.

Frost is one of the hottest coaches in the country right now, if they can't cash in on that now then I don't know what they're thinking. There's no reason they need to be trying to do more with less. They have all the money and facilities they could need. They need to do more with more.

These other big name coaches walk into the blue blood schools and start hauling monster classes in year one. We finally got our big name to our blue blood school, I wanna know where the monster class is. If Franklin can recruit to PSU on a bowl ban and scholarship reductions, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR about what's too hard about recruiting to Lincoln.

So there are no 4 star OTs with a big frame with quick feet who has shown that he can move at 275-280? This isn’t just about what Rivals thinks. It is about what 65 other power 5 coaches think.

I get the “coaching up” stuff. But why does it have to be guys few other P5s are recruiting?

No offense, but the I’ll take the leftovers and beat your studs approach doesn’t work to the level Frost said he wants to obtain. Why get into a fight with one hand tied behind your back? Is it just to prove your a good coach and you can teach kids to play football? I’m pretty sure Nick Saban is a good coach too. Dabo is a pretty good coach as well. I don’t see them looking for the 3 stars to coach them up.
These kids aren't "leftovers". Leftovers happen in January. This kid has a nice offer list. Last time I checked the Pirate usually has some pretty damned good OTs. If you think we're going to steal a couple of OTs from Dabo or Nick this early in Frost's tenure you're nuts, but how do you know Frost isn't trying? Do you have some specific guys you think Frost should be hot after? Maybe you should email him and bust his balls about it.

These kids aren't "leftovers". Leftovers happen in January. This kid has a nice offer list. Last time I checked the Pirate usually has some pretty damned good OTs. If you think we're going to steal a couple of OTs from Dabo or Nick this early in Frost's tenure you're nuts, but how do you know Frost isn't trying? Do you have some specific guys you think Frost should be hot after? Maybe you should email him and bust his balls about it.

Maybe you should learn to question things and not just blindly trust. Why is it a bad thing to question the process? Why can’t I question why we are taking a commitments from multiple 3 star players this early in the process?

I agree with you for the most part, but Clemson has two 3-star OL in their current recruiting class, and Alabama has one 3-star OL.

Wisconsin, which is known for their dominating offensive lines, has one 2-star OL and two 3-star OL in their class. Michigan has two 3-stars as well and Ohio State has one.

So I agree that if we want to become a National Championship caliber team, history shows we need to get some of the 5-star guys. But it also shows that a lot of 3-star OL recruits go on to be better than some of the 5-stars, and coaching often has a lot to do with that. The best linemen we've had in the last 15 years was a walk-on with no stars (Spencer Long) who started out as a 250-pound defensive end on the scout team.

I agree with you for the most part, but Clemson has two 3-star OL in their current recruiting class, and Alabama has one 3-star OL.
Look at the offers those players have received.

Back to Michael Lynn.... Welcome aboard!!

Reactions: Huzkers25
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT